· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / 2 year wait for Doctor Who Season/Series 5
dierna
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 23:42

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070904/tv_nm/drwho_dc _1

"Doctor Who" fans will be forced to go for almost two years without a series fix from the Tardis-travelling Timelord, because actor David Tennant will take time off to do stagework, the BBC said Monday.

The fourth season of the latest iteration of the sci-fi action drama will air in the spring of 2008, but season five will be delayed until 2010, BBC director of fiction Jane Tranter said Monday.

The show is one of the public broadcaster's biggest success stories in recent years and has proved an international hit.

The BBC will air three one-off specials during 2009 and a Christmas special in 2008.

Tennant will work with the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford Upon Avon on projects thought to include a lengthy run of "Hamlet."

I think this is neat that they're doing this. I've never heard of a series that would go on hiatus cuz the star has other work going on. I don't mind having to wait 2 years for Season 5. It'll definatly be well worth it in the end.

dommy
# Posted: 4 Sep 2007 06:48

I want to go see his theatre shows !!!

DoMmY

lzrman
# Posted: 6 Sep 2007 23:06

dommy: me too!

I can't go 2 years without the Doctor!

polson
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 06:34

I'd DIE if that was my favorite show.

christena
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 06:55

Why don't they just get another doctor like they normally do? That's a bit rediculous. Me thinks there is a bit more going on here than meets the eye. Funding problems,maybe?

aeon
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 15:20

Yeah, they should replace him and finally get an attractive doctor.

christena
# Posted: 7 Sep 2007 17:19

*miggles*

jaquaia
# Posted: 12 Sep 2007 05:52

David Tennant IS gorgeous!!!

Shame on anyone who says otherwise

How will I get through a whole year with only a handful of specials?

kelly_flyer_sun
# Posted: 12 Sep 2007 11:09

I don't think they are just going on a break cos of David.. Russell said that they where all knacked cos the production team have been working on three shows so they need a break.

And David is the hottest guy on the planet <3 <3

aeon
# Posted: 13 Sep 2007 02:07

But Kerrybabe... what if they'd replace him with Rafael?

babel
# Posted: 13 Sep 2007 06:31 · Edited by: babel

Kelly's right. It's not just DT - the whole production crew is knackered and I tihnk tjhis is a good idea. But let's loko at the FACTS

FACT: The BBC has committed to a full series of Who in 2008 and 2010, with Xmas specials and three specials in 2009. No other drama series in Britain has that level of commitment - not Casualty, not even Eastenders.

FACT: Two spin-off series will continue to be made and broadcast - Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

FACT: Doctor Who is a net money-earner for the BBC, with many countries purchasing the broadcast rights, as well as the vast array of merchandise.

Tennent is a bloody brilliant Doctor. I couldn't care less what he looks like; for me he conveys the fact that the Doctor is an alien extremely believably. He's geeky, and brave and funny and dark and at times utterly insensitive to people's feelings, but at other times moved to great sorrow or anger by the plight of some poor unfortunates.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the series next year, followed by the specials. I would also put money on DT still being the Doctor in the full series in 2010. I'm happy with all of this.

babel
# Posted: 13 Sep 2007 06:32

Of course, they could be making a bit of room for the much-rumoured movie of the Time War starring Paul McGann as the eighth Doctor . .*whistles innocently*

jaquaia
# Posted: 13 Sep 2007 08:07

Quoting: aeon

Now you put it like that....*swoons*

And Time War movie? I couldn't be that lucky could I?

dierna
# Posted: 13 Sep 2007 10:35

Quoting: kelly_flyer_sun

And David is the hottest guy on the planet

Noooo!!!! John "Capt Jack Harkness" Barrowman is!!!

Quoting: aeon

Wait who what? Rafael who?? Nadal?

jaquaia
# Posted: 18 Sep 2007 04:06

Quoting: dierna
Wait who what? Rafael who?? Nadal?

Rafael Verga, he's a brazilian model

babel
# Posted: 18 Sep 2007 16:59

a Brazilian model as the Doctor?

Yeah.

Thank god you were being tongue in cheek.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0