· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / George Takei is now an Asteroid!
dierna
# Posted: 3 Oct 2007 19:28

George Takei (Heroes, TOS) now has an Asteroid named after him called 7307 Takei. Gene Roddenberry and Nichelle Nichols (soon to be seen on Heroes) also have asteroids.

http://trekmovie.com/2007/10/02/oh-my-takei-gets-h is-own-asteroid

polson
# Posted: 3 Oct 2007 21:27

I want an asteroid.

wenche_from_norway
# Posted: 4 Oct 2007 11:06

Ok dierna you there?,posted a missing post looking for you but you dident reply,me and ann been woundering why ya arent online

aeon
# Posted: 5 Oct 2007 14:06

*giggles* Great subject line. Does George now that he's now an asteroid? Will there be a Star Trek movie about this incident?

"For I Am Hollow, But I Have Touched The Sky And You Totally Don't: The Unofficial Biography of George Takei"?

dierna
# Posted: 5 Oct 2007 16:35

Quoting: aeon
*giggles* Great subject line. Does George now that he's now an asteroid?

Original Star Trek star George Takei told SCI FI Wire that he's delighted that an asteroid now bears his name and that he doesn't mind the ribbing he's been getting since the announcement.

"In the past 24 hours just about everyone I've run into has come up to me and congratulated me," Takei said with a laugh in an interview at the premiere of director Ang Lee's Lust, Caution in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Oct. 3.

Takei has been the target of some good-natured humor on the Stephanie Miller Show and Howard Stern's show since the announcement. This week, the Committee on Small Body Nomenclature of the International Astronomical Union named an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter "7307 Takei" in honor of the actor, who is best known for playing helmsman Hikaru Sulu on the original Trek.

"I've heard some of the jokes, and, well, they're all in fun, aren't they?" Takei said.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.019
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0