· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / *SNIKT!*
majin_fett
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 10:08

The Wolverine movie has a title and a release date now!

Click!

demonvamp
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 10:22

Hugh Jackman Hugh Jackman *does a dance* and the possibility of Gambit *spins*

Hmm, though that might make Gambit older than he's supposed to be...

dierna
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 10:44

X-men Origins?! WTF?! Who the frak thought of that title?!

I like how that cuz one of the filming locations is New Orleans they automatically asume Gambit's in the film

majin_fett
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 11:33

Well, the X-Men Origins thing means that the titles will seem consistent, as they're coming out with more, like Magneto.

bria
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 11:51

Cool. I have no idea about X-Men, but the guy looks like someone I may have to draw sometime.

darth_balco
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 17:46

Quoting: majin_fett
Well, the X-Men Origins thing means that the titles will seem consistent, as they're coming out with more, like Magneto.

Wait, is that just a flashy movie title or are they seriously gonna be turning parts of the mini-series "Origins" into a movie?

dierna
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 19:19

Quoting: darth_balco
Wait, is that just a flashy movie title or are they seriously gonna be turning parts of the mini-series "Origins" into a movie?

1: The mini series is called Wolverine Origin. Wolverine Origins (with an S) is one of the current ongoing Wolverine comics.

2: It's just a flashy movie title which im sure they'll also attach to the Magneto movie.

majin_fett
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 20:41

I really don't see why people are so negative about this title. I think it's fine. It's a movie that has to do with the origin of an X-Men character, and they'll be doing more than one. What's the problem?

darth_balco
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 21:51

Quoting: majin_fett
I really don't see why people are so negative about this title. I think it's fine. It's a movie that has to do with the origin of an X-Men character, and they'll be doing more than one. What's the problem?

Oh, I don't the title either, I was just wondering if they were going to convert some of Origins into some scenes in the Spinoff movie, because I really enjoyed Origins.

majin_fett
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 22:30

Are you referring to Origins, which is one of the current series where Wolverine is exploring his past,

or

Origin, where we see Wolverine as a little kid in Canada, with the girl named Rose, and later Dog, who Wolverine scarred?

darth_balco
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 23:44

Origin.

majin_fett
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 23:58

Then no, it won't be based on Origin. From what I hear, it takes place 17 years before the X-Men trilogy, and it's about Wolverine going through the Weapon X program.

darth_balco
# Posted: 19 Oct 2007 07:47

Oh, so it will be like a Weapon-X sort of movie right?

majin_fett
# Posted: 19 Oct 2007 09:50

Pretty much, I guess, yeah.

darth_balco
# Posted: 19 Oct 2007 10:00

Nice!

babel
# Posted: 20 Oct 2007 03:10

Barry Windsor-Smith's 'Weapon X' , originally published in 'Marvel Comics Presents' was a masterpiece. Utterly brilliant.

sg8472
# Posted: 20 Oct 2007 09:06

I like the name, and I have heard, as Majin has said, that the Magneto spin-off will also be tagged with X-Men Origins. It's just a rumour, but, if true, it'll also allow for further spin-offs focussing on other characters, but all under the same banner title.

dierna
# Posted: 21 Oct 2007 12:37

X-Men Origins: Wolverine: Im hoping it delves further into his past...like his growing up in Alberta and hiding out with Rose in British Columbia.

X-Men Origins: Magneto: Yea it deals with his past in the concentration camps but also deals with his friendship and eventual fall out with Prof. Xavier.

X-Men Origins: Storm.... if this one is done maybe it'll be like the comics and deal with Gambit or Black Panther?

X-men Origins: White Queen. I've heard a rumour that they were thinking of making a White Queen film. Something of which is odd since she's never even been mentioned in the films. The only live action X-men film she was even in was the made for tv Generation X movie back in 1996.

sg8472
# Posted: 21 Oct 2007 13:27

Actually, in the original script for X3 Emma Frost was supposedly one of the main characters.... so goes the rumour, at least... so they may have a general direction for the character.

majin_fett
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 13:12

More Wolverine news! New characters! More comedy!

News here!

demonvamp
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 14:30 · Edited by: demonvamp

Quoting: dierna
X-Men Origins: Storm.... if this one is done maybe it'll be like the comics and deal with Gambit or Black Panther?

Gambit wasn't in Storm's origins. They didn't meet until she was turned into a child after Rogue sent everyone through the siege perilous.

I think...

kittykat
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 16:39

I like the word origins

dierna
# Posted: 21 Feb 2008 12:38

More Wolverine casting. So this week they've cast Deadpool, Gambit, and Silver Fox. Now they've cast.... Beak! And who's Beak you say?? Well he's an X-Man....he's um...a bird type fellow who married Angel (um..not THAT Angel...another one) who had Fly type wings...and they had six bird type babies*she laid eggs* (of which only one retained powers on M Day, which if you don't read comics was the day when all but 400 mutants lost their powers...no thanks to Magneto's daughter going "No more mutants!"....)

Beak is played by "Lost's" Dominic Monaghan.

Now... can Dominic pull off playing a Dutch bird man?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6 830

polson
# Posted: 22 Feb 2008 11:08 · Edited by: polson

In the theater here when "Alberta" came up on the screen in the first movie, the crowd went nuts.

And I could care less what they call the movie or whether or not Gambit is in it because HUGH JACKMAN, HUGH JACKMAN, HUGH JACKMAN! *dances*

kittykat
# Posted: 22 Feb 2008 15:14

Hugh Jackman is a pretty good reason to watch most things

dierna
# Posted: 22 Feb 2008 16:19

Daniel Henney has been cast as Agent Zero (Maverick). Now the only member of Team X not cast is Mastodon.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0802/22/ind ex.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_X_%28comics%29

Omega Red will probably be cast as well.

dierna
# Posted: 24 Feb 2008 00:26

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/exclusive-ke vin-durand-to-play-the-blob-in-wolverine.php

Actor Kevin Durand has been cast as The Blob!

Meanwhile, Barnell is NOT I repeat NOT the same character as in the comics. Just somebody with a similar name. This is not Beak/Blackwing.

Barnell, a former military ally of Logan with the power to harness energy and electricity.

sg8472
# Posted: 24 Feb 2008 18:03

I'm a little glad to hear they changed the Barnell character. I couldn't see Beak fitting in to this film, and Beak was never a character I truly liked... although, I liked his stint in eXiles and the revamped "Barry" of New Warriors, alongside Angel, is interesting.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.027
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0