· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Is OTF getting distinct?
polgara
# Posted: 29 Oct 2007 15:22

is it? members leaving (excellent ones might I add) and empty chatrooms..disturbing

sg8472
# Posted: 29 Oct 2007 15:28

Do you mean extinct? If so, I believe so... it needs some sort of revival. A change to attract new members.

bria
# Posted: 29 Oct 2007 15:37

We were discussing something about change just a while ago, weren't we?

And we wouldn't need new members if the current ones could stop bickering about promotions and access rights and chat themes and just login for a change.

fat_man
# Posted: 29 Oct 2007 16:02

STFU i h8 u all lolol u r teh sukz cus of teh new chatttopss and teh avatarss lololol i r going home

sg8472
# Posted: 29 Oct 2007 16:07

Of course we need new members. Current members won't be around forever, and there's nothing we can do about that. There's the real world out there that takes priority afterall.

And I guess this thread is sort of the same thing, but to me it seems more like a question of is OTF dying or not? Whereas the other thread is a discussion on what we can do to get the community active again.

bria
# Posted: 29 Oct 2007 17:42

Well if OTF's not dying, we don't need to discuss how to get it active. And if we need to discuss how to get it active, then it must be dying.

Kif, we have a conundrum!

polson
# Posted: 29 Oct 2007 21:22

i refuse to login! If 10 years of chatting here counts for nothing, then what's ten minutes gonna do?

(i make sarcastic satirical comment...me get cookie!)

(except I can't have cookies. )

buck_murray
# Posted: 29 Oct 2007 21:59

Hrm

aeon
# Posted: 30 Oct 2007 04:35

We're all not getting younger!

*weaves fingers spookily*

buck_murray
# Posted: 30 Oct 2007 04:41

OTF has been changing and it is going to continue to change. members are definately going to be leaving but there will still be some coming in. All we can hope for is to not screw this place up too bad with whatever decisions we make and keep it on the go.

bria
# Posted: 30 Oct 2007 06:56

*gives Polson a special cookie that she can have*

polson
# Posted: 30 Oct 2007 16:01

Bria loves me. *munches*

char
# Posted: 9 Mar 2008 23:31

My Recomendation? Get a Stargate room, there is a huge fan base out there and a LOT more people to attract! Stargate is one of the most successful scifi shows out there, and thats a whole new world that OTF isn't tapping in to.

majin_fett
# Posted: 10 Mar 2008 16:05

Why do we need a Stargate-only room if we're going to have a single room where you can choose your own theme depending on your affiliation? I'm sure there's going to be a Stargate affiliation because there happens to be more than a few Stargate fans at OTF. Of course, I'm not 100% sure on the Stargate affiliation because I'm not involved in all that.

kittykat
# Posted: 10 Mar 2008 18:00

Don't forget

Star trek movie out next year
Star Wars cartoon series
Hobbit movie being made

tiamai
# Posted: 10 Mar 2008 18:23

All we need is the Three Hussy's re-united! Pola-gara!!!!

One, two, three.....

Yellow!!! Pink!!! Green!!!

dierna
# Posted: 10 Mar 2008 21:48

Quoting: kittykat

Star Wars cartoon series

And said Star Wars cartoon will have its pilot movie airing in theatres in August! Plus the live action series out next year.

christena
# Posted: 10 Mar 2008 23:51

I just want my old friends back

dun care if it's 1 room or a bazillion or what theme it is!

eagle
# Posted: 11 Mar 2008 18:08

Quoting: kittykat
Star Wars cartoon series

Yeah... it's too bad that there's almost nothing Sci-Fi-y about OTF anymore. We need to get back to our roots!

annaclaus
# Posted: 11 Mar 2008 23:26

Hey, this is actually Lt. AliceEllenHook and I occassionally used to also pop on as Anna Claus. I have not been around in a while for a couple of reasons.

First off, some of the regulars kept changing their handles or having several different handles/nicknames that confused me because I never knew who I was talking to anymore.

Secondly, the last time I signed in it seemed like there was a select "club" of people on who had all known each other for several years and I felt kinda like an oddball.

Granted, this was a while back and I may have just signed on at the wrong time of day. Back when I was a regular there were two main chat rooms - Star Trek and Star Wars. It was great fun!! We also had a couple of chat rooms just to hold parties and games in too (Rotarran??) and most of the chat in the main rooms was RP, which was also really enjoyable. Members of Counseling monitored to make sure people didn't get too carried away with it IRL. I don't know, I just didn't get that same old feeling last time I signed on.

I'm not trying to complain, because i know you're all nice, wonderful people! I'm just giving you a heads up so you have something to think about. Is Komonda still around? CP Bubbles? I can still recognize the handles of some of you "old timers" but those of you who have been around for a while and changed your handles might consider that it confuses people who have gone and tried to come back to OTF.

I have met some of the best people on this site in the past and even gotten to know a couple of them IRL who turned out to be truly great friends. I don't want OTF to slip away!

christena
# Posted: 12 Mar 2008 02:32

I changed to Cinna years ago...but people still call me Christena or Chrissy*shrugs* I'm still just me

lzrman
# Posted: 13 Mar 2008 06:17

Anna, Komonda is still around she was in in the last 2 weeks.

dierna
# Posted: 13 Mar 2008 15:44

Quoting: annaclaus
s Komonda still around? CP Bubbles?

I haven't seen either in a while but that's probably cuz I rarely (maybe once or twice a year) go into the chat room. Im generally too busy with other things (real life, other chats, genealogy, ect). I'll probably go in more once the conversion happens completly (whenever that is).

bria
# Posted: 14 Mar 2008 01:11

I'm not around that much anymore. Mostly 'cause I don't have time and stuff, but then, that's just an excuse. I do have time. I just have different priorities.

Sorry.

majin_fett
# Posted: 14 Mar 2008 20:21

Whoa. Whoa whoa. You mean... real life is more important that OTF?!

Blasphemer.

dierna
# Posted: 14 Mar 2008 20:28

Quoting: majin_fett
real life is more important that OTF?!

A web comic is not more important than... oh wait you mean the OTHER real life..... yes....sometimes it is....cuz I need monies to pay da bills (no...not Buffalo).

bria
# Posted: 15 Mar 2008 01:51

Quoting: majin_fett
Whoa. Whoa whoa. You mean... real life is more important that OTF?!

Who said I was talking about real life?

...wait. That's probably worse, right?

tiamai
# Posted: 15 Mar 2008 15:09

Quoting: dierna
yes....sometimes it is....cuz I need monies to pay da bills

Bills like the monthly internet payment?

dierna
# Posted: 16 Mar 2008 03:36

Quoting: tiamai
Bills like the monthly internet payment?

And Bills like the monthly payment to Dell.... Almost done paying off this computer....course then my mom turns around and uses my dell card to buy herself a laptop....

kittykat
# Posted: 16 Mar 2008 11:58

Hurrah for direct debit

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.030
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0