· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Stargate - The Ark of Truth Promo
. 1 . 2 . >>
lzrman
# Posted: 30 Nov 2007 20:19 · Edited by: lzrman

Stargate - The Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

The first video promo with actual footage from Stargate: The Ark of Truth has finally surfaced, apparently courtesy of the latest Stargate Atlantis DVD release in Europe yesterday.

This does not appear to be a full-on official trailer for the direct-to-DVD movie, which is expected to be released in the U.S. in March. Many of the visual effects appear to be from "Camelot" and Season Ten of Stargate SG-1, but there are several shots clearly from The Ark of Truth -- including moments with Priors, a post-"Unending" Teal'c, and actor Julian Sands reprising his role as the Doci, the religious leader of the Ori's followers ("Origin").

*knocks Iain for not enabling you tube emb tag allowance* +(!

monny
# Posted: 18 Dec 2007 06:56

Can't wait.
It's just a shame that SG1 is really over now although Atlantis seems to be doing a good job of carrying the torch.

lzrman
# Posted: 18 Dec 2007 22:35

I can't wait for it either......... go ATLANTIS!!!

kelly_flyer_sun
# Posted: 19 Dec 2007 05:10

pftt I got all excited and then it's 1 and a half mins of old clips with a few new ones at the end.

But yay for the movies anyways

polson
# Posted: 19 Dec 2007 06:07

Actually if you go digging you can find the one with all new footage. I found it but I didn't save the link.

nobbe
# Posted: 19 Dec 2007 23:35

So, are they going to ever finish off the prior story line?

polson
# Posted: 20 Dec 2007 10:42

That's the plot of the first movie, to wrap up the Ori thing.

I hear the second movie involves them finally killing off the last Baal clone and a totally new storyline develops in the process.

lzrman
# Posted: 21 Dec 2007 10:11

Maybe they will make a third movie with the new storyline.

dierna
# Posted: 21 Dec 2007 23:10

The 1st movie finishes the Ori Storyline. The 2nd movie reboots the entire universe due to Baal's meddling with the timeline. Weee!!

No idea if any of these movies effect SGA...especially since Sam's the leader of Atlantis.

There WILL be other movies....I think 5 in all.

polson
# Posted: 22 Dec 2007 15:19

Dierna...five movies? I'm in Stargate heaven. As for Sam being on Atlantis, from what I gather the movies take place between the final ep of SG-1 and the point when she transfers to SGA.

dierna
# Posted: 23 Dec 2007 13:29

Quoting: polson
Dierna...five movies? I'm in Stargate heaven.

Plus the 2 Sequels to the original film that have nothing to do with SG1 at all.

polson
# Posted: 23 Dec 2007 22:38

There were 2 sequals to the original movie???

dierna
# Posted: 25 Dec 2007 09:13

There were 2 sequals to the original movie???

No.. Not yet. There will be 2 sequels to the original film. It was originally gonna be a trillogy. Now they wanna finish off the Trillogy.

polson
# Posted: 25 Dec 2007 12:36

Are they going to contradict the series?

dierna
# Posted: 25 Dec 2007 15:51

Are they going to contradict the series?

Yep. The sequels to the original film have nothing to do with the tv stuff. *lol* It's gonna be major confusing.

lzrman
# Posted: 27 Dec 2007 09:33

It has been leaked out on the internet if there are people who wanna find it, you know where to go.

dierna
# Posted: 28 Dec 2007 21:04

Quoting: lzrman
It has been leaked out on the internet if there are people who wanna find it, you know where to go.

It's not the finished product tho. It's unedited majorly, not worth the download from what I hear. I can wait till March.

lzrman
# Posted: 29 Dec 2007 22:10

Quality is like a 6/10, audio is a 9/10

dierna
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 04:46

Ok.. I gave in and saw the Ark of Truth (a good quality version too boot...except for near the end when there was a slight flub in the CGI...*lmao*...and there was no opening or closing credits....but ah well..).

Pretty good film all around tho.... a shame RDA wasn't in it but he's in the next one (I wonder if Baal's rebooting of the universe brings back the Ori.... )

lzrman
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 14:17

Dierna, I loved that little cgi fight that was like wth

polson
# Posted: 20 Jan 2008 18:41

I'd just like to take this moment to shake my fist at The Movie Network and yell, "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

For the Canadian SGA fans who don't know, the reason Space isn't showing season four and is only JUST showing season three now, it's because the TMN has first dibs on the seasons as they become available in Canada. Space can't afford to volley for the show, so they have to wait. Which means they don't get it until six months after the season's been released on DVD, which means Canada's going to be behind one season from the USA, which is a HUGE injustice seeing how it's filmed freaking in Vancouver!!!!

I am deeply grieved I have to wait until September when the DVDs come out.

And for all you yahoos who say "download it!" well I don't have the money to pay for it twice, nor do I think it's a good use of my money to buy it twice even if I had the cash. To make it worse, even if I wanted to pay for TMN, it's only available in Ontario through my cable provider. I'd have to change my internet and cable in order to accomodate, and I'm not sure it's possible to get it even then.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

aeon
# Posted: 21 Jan 2008 05:19

And for all you yahoos who say "download it!" well I don't have the money to pay for it twice, nor do I think it's a good use of my money to buy it twice even if I had the cash.

Y'know... when people say those things... they usually mean that you should download it illegally.

Just sayin'...

polson
# Posted: 21 Jan 2008 07:21

I just don't think that way. I don't copy other people's cd's either.

lzrman
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 02:50 · Edited by: lzrman

U.S. RELEASE DATE - March 11, 2008 (DVD)
BUDGET - $7 million
WRITTEN BY - Robert C. Cooper
DIRECTED BY - Robert C. Cooper
STARRING - Ben Browder (Cameron Mitchell), Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter), Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), Christopher Judge (Teal'c), Claudia Black (Vala Mal Doran), Beau Bridges (Hank Landry), Tim Guinee (Tomin), Currie Graham (James Merek), Morena Baccarin (Adria), Julian Sands (Doci), Matthew Walker (Merlin), Sarah Strange (Morgan Le Fay), Greg Anderson (Prior), Doug Abrahams (Prior)
With the Ori forces poised to launch a final assault on Earth, SG-1 must travel to their home galaxy in search of a way to stop their onslaught.

Source: http://www.gateworld.net/

Pre-order: Amazon.com

kittykat
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 14:08

I was sad there was no richard dean anderson

lzrman
# Posted: 29 Feb 2008 14:21

*bump*
Release is in 11 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mini Preview on the hp!

polson
# Posted: 29 Feb 2008 18:53

I ordered it via Amazon (shame they charge nearly ten bucks more in Canada). It will arrive here on my birthday! Happy birthday to ME!

dierna
# Posted: 29 Feb 2008 23:52

Quoting: kittykat
I was sad there was no richard dean anderson

Don't worry. RDA is in the next one (which basically features Baal rebooting the entire universe).

lzrman
# Posted: 1 Mar 2008 01:07

Its 10 bucks cheaper, at work were gonna sell it at 26.97 - my 15% discount is 22ish, its 16.99 on amazon.com wonder what the shipping is gonna be, might have to buy something + to get it shipped to me free.

monny
# Posted: 16 Mar 2008 14:32

Just saw it!!!

Wooot!!

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.051
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0