· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Stargate - The Ark of Truth Promo
<< . 1 . 2 .
char
# Posted: 25 Mar 2008 00:22

If they release two movies that contradict the series that would be STUPID!!!!! They need to make movies on SG that will encourage people in to the show! THAT is where Stargate is making money and still will make money!

polson
# Posted: 25 Mar 2008 15:59 · Edited by: polson

I ordered Ark of Truth on Amazon (who in fact lowered their Canadian price!) and received it while I was out of town. I furthered the torture by hanging onto it for a day before watching it (I saved it to watch on my birthday). I actually made my whole family sit down at watch it, including my sister's boyfriend who has never seen Stargate before. Actually I didn't make them. I decreed that my chosen activity on my birthday was to watch it and they were welcome to come join me so long as they were QUIET. They were mostly quiet. I missed a few lines (naturally I watched it again the day after so I picked up what I missed).

Anyway i liked that they have the recap of seasons 9 and 10. Granted, my family stll didn't know what was going on and were afraid to ask questions for fear of my wrath, but still I thought that was a wise addition.

The movie itself I found lacking in the humor department. Sure there were some jokes but I guess I was kind of expecting a little more comedy. However I did like the darkness of it all. I thought it was well done. I certainly enjoyed it, though from what I've read about Continuum, I think I'll enjoy that one even more!

Spoiler's Here:

While my family had no idea, I nearly FREAKED out when the replicator appeared. I actually gasped and said, "Oh, no, you IDIOT!" then clamped a hand over my mouth and bugged my eyes and all that. Everyone else is like, "wait, why are those guys bad again?" My dad has actually seen more Stargate than any of them so he knew they were not good to have around. That had to be the biggest shock of the movie for me. I was totally floored.

Shock number 2: Daniel didn't die.

I don't know if they were trying to be sneaky with Morgen le Fay by not revealing her until Daniel calls her out, but I totally recognized her hand when she healed Teal'c and then I exclaimed, "She's cheating! The Ancients are cheating!!!" Again, my family had no idea what I was talking about. I did kind of think it was hokey that Teal'c climbed a mountain ridge in an unspecified amount of time. From my little hiking experience, I'd have said it would take at least twelve hours to hike as far as he did if he was going fast (which he wasn't). Wouldn't it have gotten dark?

Spoilers for Continuum

Daniel loses a leg!!!!

char
# Posted: 7 Apr 2008 06:32

OK... any one feel like there was a big question left unanswered... maybe two? First of all - Landry's Pivitol Question wasn't ever answered!

the second question is hard to pose with out maybe giving something away for thoes who haven't seen it.

The spinning lights... they dissapeared. Continuing battle or win?

char
# Posted: 7 Apr 2008 06:38

Quoting: polson
While my family had no idea, I nearly FREAKED out when the replicator appeared. I actually gasped and said, "Oh, no, you IDIOT!" then clamped a hand over my mouth and bugged my eyes and all that. Everyone else is like, "wait, why are those guys bad again?" My dad has actually seen more Stargate than any of them so he knew they were not good to have around. That had to be the biggest shock of the movie for me. I was totally floored.

I watched it with my father and husband, both SG fans. We gasped in unison and had the same words come out of our mouths. My mother was in the room. She tolorates SG, LOL. He shook her head, "My Family..." she said.

char
# Posted: 7 Apr 2008 06:39

I totally recognized her hand

Me too, i had her pinned when he was seeing visions of Meridin. It was confirmed when i saw her hand.

char
# Posted: 7 Apr 2008 06:40

I did kind of think it was hokey that Teal'c climbed a mountain ridge in an unspecified amount of time. From my little hiking experience, I'd have said it would take at least twelve hours to hike as far as he did if he was going fast (which he wasn't). Wouldn't it have gotten dark?

Maybe it never gets dark in the celestial city?

freeman
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 16:59

The truth is...not a good movie. Continuum is much better.

lzrman
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 18:24

I agree andy

polson
# Posted: 18 Aug 2008 08:11

I finally saw Continuum. I have to say I enjoyed Ark of Truth more. I enjoyed them both of course, a great deal, but I felt kind of cheated in Continuum. RDA's part was much smaller than I expected, and with Vala and Teal'c spending the majority of the movie as "alternate" characters, I really missed them throughout the show.

lzrman
# Posted: 20 Aug 2008 08:03

RDA did get gipped in that movie but I am sure he got paid for those scene's. I would have to note that he should have been 1 of the 4 that got displaced in time trying to alter the time line.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.045
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0