· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Star Trek: The Tour
dierna
# Posted: 5 Dec 2007 11:14

http://trekmovie.com/2007/12/05/star-trek-the-tour -starts-january-18th/

It was announced long ago, but details have finally been released for 'Star Trek: The Tour.' The Tour is a 50,000 square foot traveling interactive exhibit of Star Trek sets, props, models, motion-simulator rides and more from all five Trek series and all ten Trek films. The tour will visit 40 cities around the country, kicking off in Long Beach California on January 18th, 2008.

A number of Trek vets helped put together the tour, including production designer Herman Zimmerman, costume designer Robert Blackman, make-up supervisor Michael Westmore and visual effects producer Dan Curry. Gene Roddenberry's son Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry provides narration for the exhibits and the man himself, William Shatner has been dubbed the official 'ambassador.'

Shatner will be making appearances at 'a select number' of the cities on the tour. The official press release quotes the original Captain Kirk saying:

STAR TREK THE TOUR promises to be the largest, most interactive and entertaining Star Trek event ever presented to the public., This will truly be an impressive experience for the whole family and I am happy to be associated with it.

The tour has been put together by SEE Touring Productions. CEO martin Biallas describes the journey of making the tour a reality:

Years in the making, the creation of STAR TREK THE TOUR has been a voyage of discovery worthy of the show itself. Over the past 10 years, we secured privileged access to the vaults for the Star Trek TV shows and films, plucked select gems and tirelessly assembled the world's leading collection of priceless Star Trek sets, ships, props and costumes. Now, we're bringing Star Trek to life and inviting the public to experience it up-close-and-personal in a way never before possible.

Highlights of STAR TREK THE TOUR, which can be fully experienced with an accompanying audio tour, include:

The chance to take a ride through a Star Trek adventure in four full-motion, show-based flight simulators.

An all-new multimedia Encounter Theater, built like a theater in the round with 360 degree video screens. Computer-generated sequences put visitors in the middle of the Star Trek action.

The opportunity for exhibit-goers to sit on a full-size Enterprise bridge from the original TV series and have their photo taken and superimposed with an image of the original cast – including Spock, McCoy and Scotty – to look as if the Enterprise crew is standing right next to them.

Detailed recreations of original sets from Star Trek: The Next Generation®, including Captain Picard's quarters, Dr. Crusher's sick bay and the majestic NCC-1701-D Bridge.

The ability for guests to star with the original cast in an episode of their choice and watch themselves interact with Star Trek icons such as Spock and Scotty. Guests can take home a DVD of their cameo to share with family and friends.

The tour starts in Long Beach, CA for a limited engagement on January 18, 2008 and runs to February 17. The next 4 cities STAR TREK THE TOUR will visit are San Francisco, Minneapolis / St. Paul, Chicago and Detroit

Tickets to STAR TREK THE TOUR will go on sale on December 7th during an exclusive 7-day pre-sale offer for American Express Cardholders. Beginning December 15th tickets will be available to the general public. Tickets can be purchased by calling 213-480-3232 or by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com or www.StarTrekTheTour.com.

Adults: $30 weekdays / $35 on weekends.
Children (12 and under): $16.50 weekdays / $17.50 weekend
Seniors (65+) and military personnel: $25 weekday / $30 weekend.

Here is a full list of the cities the Tour is going to:

Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY
Atlanta, GA
Boston, MA
Charlotte, NC
Chicago, IL
Cincinnati, OH
Cleveland, OH
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Denver, CO
Detroit, MI
Houston, TX
Indianapolis, IN
Kansas City, KS
Memphis, TN
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Montgomery, AL
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nashville, TN
New York, NY
Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA
Omaha, NE
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburgh, PA
Portland, ME
Providence-New Bedford, RI
Raleigh-Durham, NC
Rochester, NY
Sacramento, CA
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
Santa Fe, NM
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL
Toronto, Ontario
Tucson, AZ
Tulsa, OK
Vancouver, British Columbia
Washington, DC

More info here: http://www.startrek.com/custom/include/community/t our/

Yay!!! It's coming to Tacoma!!!

demonslayer
# Posted: 6 Dec 2007 09:13

I wonder if this is the Star Trek Adventure that visited London over four years ago, then vanished?

London was supposed to be the first stop of a five year mission around the world. It was rumoured that it was off to german, but all info dried up

Hope this visits London again, and if not the original, I wouldn't mind seeing this

dierna
# Posted: 13 Jan 2008 11:06

DS:

Apperantly this is not Star Trek Adventure as after The Tour visits the U.S it'll also be going to Canada and then Europe.

Some new info has come out on it. It seems that for each city visit for as long as it's in the city (It'll be in Long Beach for the next 2 months) there will be a celebrity or 2 each day giving out autographs. Also there's a new thing similar to the ST Experience...except it's about Klingons taking over the Uss Titan (Riker's ship) and features Wesley Crusher (he's the Titan's Assistant Chief Engineer).

Go here to see the list of celebs for the first 2 weeks it's in California.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/01/11/shatner-and-trek-c elebs-lining-up-for-star-trek-tour/

polson
# Posted: 13 Jan 2008 15:02

Do we have a list of the cities in Canada and Europe yet?

dierna
# Posted: 13 Jan 2008 16:25

Canada yes...Europe not as of yet. Look at the first post and you'll see the Canadian cities amongst the American. If ya still can't see em the Cities are Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal.

Unfortunatly tickets for those cities are not yet available. The only tickets available are for Long Beach, California (it'll be in Long Beach from Jan 18th - Feb 17th).

I am eagerly awaiting tickets for the Seattle-Tacoma leg of the tour.

alayn00
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 20:37

I had the opportunity to visit the Tour in Los Angeles on Jan. 19, 2008. Although the Tour was terrific and a must for every Star Trek Fan. It was not without its problems. Unfortunately, the Tour was staffed by people who were less than enthusatic about the fans or the subject matter. I was given conflicting information regarding exiting the Tour area and I heard more than one person arguing with the staff members. Later I was shocked to find myself in a verbal altercation with the Manager of the Photo Concession. He was Rude to the 10th power. Unfortunately, in order to purchase a photo opp from the Tour. One must stand in several different lines (A Preview line, a Purchase line, a Confirmation order line and a Pick up picture line). After being screamed at because I was in the wrong line. The register went down. I was feed up and in a nasty mood so I removed myself. Hopefully they will work out their staffing, technical and organizational issues before the Tour moves on to the next city.

polson
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 21:30

That's IT? Just Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal??? This saddens me.

majin_fett
# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 00:46

Quoting: polson
That's IT? Just Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal??? This saddens me.

Wanna know how many Alaskan cities this thing is visiting? You can count the total on no hands.

aeon
# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 09:03

*hugs Majin* I know how sad this is for you.

So... Wesley-Pesley actually stars in the Tour?

*says nothing*

majin_fett
# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 10:00

Quoting: aeon
*hugs Majin* I know how sad this is for you.

I am crushed.

Now, if there was something like this for Star Wars, I'd actually be seriously crushed.

Even though I love TNG

aeon
# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 18:07

Quoting: majin_fett
Even though I love TNG

You say that like it's a bad thing.

polson
# Posted: 24 Jan 2008 06:32

Majin, well you and me can not go together. Although Alaska is a state, I can understand a state not having a tour come through, but only three in an entire country?? What are we, chopped liver?

I do however mourn with my second favorite Alaskan.

majin_fett
# Posted: 24 Jan 2008 09:21

Quoting: aeon
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Loving TNG is not bad. Loving it more than SW is though.

christena
# Posted: 24 Jan 2008 21:03

It's coming to Charlotte, NC *dances* Ya'll can come here to see it and get to see me as a bonus
Although it really ticks me off that they don't give dates for when and where they will be in your town. How's a girl suppose to make plans.. Oy!

dierna
# Posted: 24 Jan 2008 21:33

Urgh! I know!! For all I know I could be out of town when they have it in Tacoma!

dierna
# Posted: 15 Feb 2008 23:22

Welp... this is interesting...seems that they're really gonna milk this tour for all its worth....they figure it'll take FIVE YEARS to tour all 40 cities.... So at the rate they're going it'll probably be 2 or 3 years before they even reach Washington State...

The tour is in Long Beach till March 2nd. It was originally gonna be till Feb 18th but it was so popular that they decided to extend it. After Feb 18th tho it'll only be open on Saturdays and Sundays.

christena
# Posted: 16 Feb 2008 01:46

gah.. I need to know when it's going to be in Charlotte and where

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.044
Online now: Guests - 8
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0