· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Robert Picardo joins SGA full time!
dierna
# Posted: 5 Feb 2008 18:03

Seems Woolsey is now gonna be SGA head in season 5 while Amanda Tapping (Sam) is reduced to reacurring character status due to time restraints with a new series she's working on. (That series being Sanctuary, which started as a web series and has now been picked up as a tv series!)

Meanwhile Paul McGilliion will return as Carson Beckett for 5 episodes!! Woohoo!! He's also got a small part in Star Trek.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/05/picardo-joins-star gate-atlantis-cast-mcgillion-back-for-more/

polson
# Posted: 5 Feb 2008 18:11

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I miss my Sammy.

demonvamp
# Posted: 5 Feb 2008 20:42

I'm actually okay-ish with this. Yeah, he started out as annoying, but he's been changing all the time and I doubt they would leave him as a constant antagonist.

polson
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 01:05

Of course I am a huge Robert Picardo fan, so I'm not UNHAPPY with this, but...*sigh* Oh SG-1. How I miss thee so.

aeon
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 12:29

So what happened to that woman from the pilot who was the boss then? And wasn't Major Carter in SG-1?

Stargate is so confusing.

dierna
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 13:04

Quoting: aeon
So what happened to that woman from the pilot who was the boss then? And wasn't Major Carter in SG-1?

Stargate is so confusing.

Dr. Weir died this season....um...sorta....well...the original Dr. Weir died...there's another one but she's an evil replicator...unless that's the original (who was injected with nanobots to keep her alive)...yeah that's confusing a bit there.

As for Sam. Yes she WAS on SG1...but SG1 is over...so now SG1 folks are coming over to SGA and the upcoming Stargate Universe (whenever that'll air).

polson
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 13:52

I can't wait for Stargate Universe.

lzrman
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 14:17

I can't wait for the 2 Movies!

aeon
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 14:28

Quoting: dierna
Dr. Weir died this season....um...sorta....well...the original Dr. Weir died...there's another one but she's an evil replicator...unless that's the original (who was injected with nanobots to keep her alive)...yeah that's confusing a bit there.

As for Sam. Yes she WAS on SG1...but SG1 is over...so now SG1 folks are coming over to SGA and the upcoming Stargate Universe (whenever that'll air).

*lol*

Awesome summary.

Thanks.

char
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 14:40

my husband and I are catching up the series. Weir got hurt, and 'Kaylee' (from Firefly - an amazing show) had the pompous guy activate the nanites. Atlantis needed a ZPM or they all die in space.
So they go to the replicator planet to get one, in order for them to escape with the ZPM she had to distract the replicators... and got stuck there...

polson
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 15:33

See and it pains me to know all this and not have watched it. stupid networks...

dierna
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 20:16

Quoting: char
had the pompous guy activate the nanites

Hey!!! Dr. McKay is NOT pompous...he's just...well...McKay. *lol*

lzrman
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 23:38

Dr McKay wanted to marry *gets carried out by aliens*

jamesqsoul
# Posted: 7 Feb 2008 03:55

What's Stargate Universe?

polson
# Posted: 7 Feb 2008 13:06

It's the third stargate series originally slated to premier in 2008 but who knows when it'll hit the airwaves. From what I understand it centers around the ninth chevron on the gate and I know they offered a title role to Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) but I haven't kept up on the rumors because I want to be surprised.

char
# Posted: 4 Mar 2008 01:50

Does any one else HATE the SGA Sam? She's not the same and i dont like her at all!

kittykat
# Posted: 4 Mar 2008 09:00

I hope Jewel whats her face from Firefly stays in it. I like her

jamesqsoul
# Posted: 4 Mar 2008 14:28 · Edited by: jamesqsoul

How far ahead are you guys (in the US) from us (in the UK)

The last episoide I saw was the one where they fins beckett in a cell...

dierna
# Posted: 4 Mar 2008 16:24

James: We're a week ahead of ya I believe. This Friday is the season finale.

Considering what happened last week to the ever numalicious hotty scotty Carson Beckett (who should have been cast as Scotty in Star Trek darnit!! ) it's gonna be interesting how he's gonna be in 5 eps next season.

jamesqsoul
# Posted: 4 Mar 2008 16:29

Dierna,

Cheers, just finished watching the one where he gets frozen at end.

Looking good. didn't realise that we were following so closely behind!

polson
# Posted: 4 Mar 2008 21:17

Stop stop stop stop!!!!!! *covers ears and eyes* I can't look at this sthread anymore. They're still only in season 3 in Canada!!!

jamesqsoul
# Posted: 5 Mar 2008 03:25

Sowwwwwy Polson, I always thought it was the UK that got the bum end of release dates! I will silence my gob now!

dierna
# Posted: 5 Mar 2008 05:50

Only season 3??? I thought Canada would be in Season 4 as well since the show is filmed there.

polson
# Posted: 5 Mar 2008 21:31

I KNOW! It's a TRAVESTY!!!!!!

char
# Posted: 9 Mar 2008 23:07

I love Jewel! I loved her as Kaylee from Firefly and was scared it wouldn't be right. But she's fitting in quite well. I hope she takes on a bit of a higher role. The character she has is goofy enough to be the same old lovable Kaylee, but new enough to be Jennifer all on her own. *Wants firefly back*

dierna
# Posted: 13 Mar 2008 15:39

Quoting: char
I hope she takes on a bit of a higher role.

She will. Jewell's been promoted to series regular (aka she'll now be in the opening credits).

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.025
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0