· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Galaxy Quest comic series coming!
dierna
# Posted: 29 Apr 2008 19:19

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0804/29/ind ex.htm

IDW Publishing has announced an August launch for Galaxy Quest: Global Warning.

The five-issue mini-series, written by Scott Lobdell with art by Ilias Kyriazis, follows the events from the 1999 DreamWorks film, Galaxy Quest.

Here's how IDW describes the story:

"It's been 20 years since the cast of Galaxy Quest ruled the airwaves. Alas, the intervening decades have involved lots of sci-fi conventions and retail store grand openings and precious few acting jobs for our brave band of thespians. Now, on the eve of the re-launch of America's most beloved science-fiction series, Galaxy Quest: The Journey Continues, a world-threatening crisis occurs! Will the Earth survive? Maybe, if Jason Nesmith and his fellow actors-turned-adventurers have anything to say about it! In the immortal words of his alter ego, Commander Peter Quincy Taggart, 'Never give up! Never surrender!'"

"Fans, and numerous Targathian babies, have cried out for us to bring Galaxy Quest to comics, and we're all too happy to oblige," said Chris Ryall, IDW's publisher/editor-in-chief.

"Let's face it. Is there anyone who saw Galaxy Quest that didn't come away wondering about the continuing adventures of Jason, Sir Alex, Gwen, Tommy, Guy and Fred and Jane?" Lobdell said. "We've pined away for a sequel long enough! Now we're going to learn what became of these actors after their first greatest adventure together. Yes, they are excited about the re-launch of the franchise that made them cult icons, but don't think for a moment that success has quelled their quirkiness. And when they have to suit up again, and take the Protector out of orbit...? Let's just say experience isn't going to make their jobs any easier!"

Ooh!! I can't wait!! I loved the movie and hoped they'd make a sequel but a comic is just as good!

daecrist
# Posted: 29 Apr 2008 23:41

I don't know, Galaxy Quest was one of those movies that worked well as a self-contained story. I'm kinda glad that the sequel is in comics and not film, because it would just ruin the magic of the first one for me.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0