· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / The Hobbit movie news
dierna
# Posted: 30 Apr 2008 17:24

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080430/film_nm/mckell en_hobbit_dc_1

British actor Ian McKellen will reprise the role of the wizard Gandalf in the upcoming movies based on J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit," he told a film magazine.

The 68-year-old star played the part in the hugely successful "Lord of the Rings" trilogy directed by Peter Jackson. Mexican filmmaker Guillermo del Toro has been named to direct two films based on "The Hobbit."

"Yes, it's true," McKellen told Empire magazine.

"I spoke to Guillermo in the very room that Peter Jackson offered me the part and he confirmed that I would be reprising the role. Obviously, it's not a part that you turn down, I loved playing Gandalf."

Del Toro, whose credits include "Pan's Labyrinth," will move to New Zealand for the next four years to work on both "Hobbit" films with executive producer Jackson, according to New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios.

The studios have said that filming will begin in 2009, with tentative release dates set of 2010 for the first film and 2011 for the sequel.

daeron
# Posted: 30 Apr 2008 18:01

Hallelujah! =D

david1
# Posted: 1 May 2008 05:29

... but i wana-it now

blake
# Posted: 2 May 2008 17:49

It's great that he's going to play the role again -- it wouldn't be the same without him. I also like that Jackson's going to be the executive producer.

I just wish they could start filming sooner. The Hobbit was always my favorite Tolkien book. At least it looks like they're going to try and add everything with two separate movies.

daeron
# Posted: 2 May 2008 18:40

The Hobbit is the best book I have ever read. *nods*

sirhc
# Posted: 4 May 2008 20:17

2010 and 2011?
I'll be out of high school then

javadahutt
# Posted: 9 May 2008 23:38

Quoting: blake
It's great that he's going to play the role again -- it wouldn't be the same without him.

I totally agree. Ian McKellen, is the man for the job as the role for Gandalf. I can't wait for this movie to come out!

dierna
# Posted: 21 May 2008 23:07

Looks like Viggo Mortensen is returning as Aragorn (wait...was Aragorn in The Hobbit??? ) and Andy Serkis is returning to voice Gollum.

daeron
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 05:15

Quoting: dierna
Looks like Viggo Mortensen is returning as Aragorn (wait...was Aragorn in The Hobbit??? )

I don't think so. I could be mistaken, but I definitely think he wasn't even mentioned.

daecrist
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 12:54

They're going to make a Hobbit movie and then a no-good low-down dirty rotten Expanded Universish crap cash-in movie that ties in the Hobbit with the Lord of the Rings.

There are sketchy story elements that could be used for such a film, but this stodgy old tradtionalist doens't have to like it.

daeron
# Posted: 10 Jun 2008 19:37

Seriously? I'd absolutely hate if they used Tolkien purely for money. Jackson didn't even know if The Lord of the Rings was going to work on film, or if it would be as big as it ended up being.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0