· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Sith attacks Jedi church founder
dierna
# Posted: 14 May 2008 01:14

A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a black garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of Britain's first Jedi church was given a suspended sentence Tuesday.

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, attacked Jedi church founder Barney Jones a.k.a. Master Jonba Hehol with a metal crutch, hitting him on the head, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates' Court. He also whacked Jones' 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones or Master Mormi Hehol bruising his thigh, in the March 25 incident.

Unfortunately for Hughes, the incident was recorded on a video camera that the cousins had set up to film themselves in a light saber battle.

``Darth Vader! Jedis!'' Hughes shouted as he approached.

Hughes claimed he couldn't remember the incident, having drunk the best part of a 2 1/2-gallon (10-liter) box of wine beforehand.

``He knows his behavior was wrong and didn't want it to happen but he has no recollection of it,'' said Hughes' lawyer, Frances Jones.

District Judge Andrew Shaw sentenced Hughes to two months in jail but suspended the sentence for one year. He also ordered Hughes to pay 100 pounds (US$195; euro126) to each of his victims and 60 pounds (US$117; euro76) in court costs.

Barney Jones, his brother Daniel and cousin Michael set up the Church of Jediism, Anglesey order, last year. It claims about 30 members.

Jedi is the faith followed by some of the central characters in the ``Star Wars'' films. In the 2001 United Kingdom census, 390,000 0.7 percent of the population listed Jedi as their religion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/north_wes t/7398202.stm

david1
# Posted: 14 May 2008 12:39 · Edited by: david1

that isnt new news , didnt know they where showing the video lol

I know the guy that was attacked, and i know the guy that attacked him lmao.

It happened on the holyhead estate, and theres more then 30 members now lol

XZ

clone720
# Posted: 19 Aug 2008 21:40

skevington
# Posted: 19 Aug 2008 22:37

I sense that this shall be the beginning of a holy war.

christena
# Posted: 20 Aug 2008 03:09

I knew they had churches for alot of things across the pond.. but wow... just wow!

darth_balco
# Posted: 20 Aug 2008 15:42

That is FREAKING hilarious!

david1
# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 06:21

everything happens on anglesey

master_chief
# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 12:47

Haha, that was hilarious.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0