· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Star Trek Pez coming!!!
dierna
# Posted: 8 Jun 2008 14:00 · Edited by: dierna

http://trekmovie.com/2008/06/07/star-trek-pez-comi ng-this-fall/

Coming this Fall will be the first ever Trek-related PEZ candy dispensers with a new Original Series-themed collectible set.
Details and pictures below.

TOS PEZ
The first Star Trek Pez will depict the original crew of Star Trek The Original Series in a gift set including eight dispensers and candy in assorted flavors. The dispensers included depict the original crew (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov), plus the NCC-1701 Enterprise. The people at Pez Candy Inc. tell TrekMovie.com that the Enterprise is unique for Pez as it depicts a ’scene’ (a Pez first), where you see the ship emerging from a nebula cloud. The complete Limited Edition Star Trek Pez Collectors Gift Set will be available in September/October for around $20. It should be available both online at the Pez Factory Store as well as retailers like Wal-mart and Target. However the set will have a limited run of only 250,000 (for Pez that is limited!), so they will go fast. Each box will have a special numbered sticker as well.

The new Star Trek Pez have been in the planning for almost a year and were timed to come out this Fall as part of the buzz around the new Star Trek feature film, which was then moved from Christmas 2008 to May 2009. However Pez Candy Inc. decided to keep with their plan, and since the dispensers depict the original crew and not the new Star Trek movie crew, there was no reason to move the release. The prototypes were first shown off by Pez at a recent candy show in Chicago, but will be officially announced at the licensing show in New York taking place this week. A representitve for PEZ tells TrekMovie that the prototypes pictured above (shown at the Chicago show) are not final and that the mold sculpts are still being worked on.

Small candy �" big step for Trek
PEZ (whose name is from the German word "PfeffErminZ" or "peppermint") has been a candy phenomena for nearly 50 years and their Star Trek license is good news because PEZ is known for featuring the biggest films and characters. The PEZ line includes Star Wars, Pixar films, Elvis, Disney, Shrek, NASCAR, and DC and Marvel Superheroes. The Star Wars line includes not only traditional dispensers, yet also tin sets and large electronic versions of the dispensers with voices and sound effects. Hopefully, the initial Star Trek offering will generate enough interest that the line will be expanded in similar ways to Star Wars..

As an avid collector of Pez Despencers AND a Trekkie I will gladly fork over $20 for these!!! I baught the Orange County Chopper set for my mom a couple years back and that was just 3 of them in that set and it cost the same price as this Star Trek set…So getting THAT many Pez Despencers to me is a MAJOR bargain!!

I’ll probably end up putting the set still in the box in the China Hutch next to the OCC set (which came in a really nice tin)

polson
# Posted: 9 Jun 2008 13:16

That is glorious. Simply glorious.

lzrman
# Posted: 13 Jun 2008 06:25

I want one too!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0