· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Watchmen
majin_fett
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 18:38

I guess if there's a thread up about the new trailer for Terminator Salvation, then I can make one for Watchmen.

So, what'd people think of the trailer? I'm excited about this movie. I'm a huge fan of the original graphic novel, and this looks like it could actually do the comic justice. Hopefully.

More info on the movie can be found at http://www.watchmenmovie.com

polson
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 18:43

I know nothing about the Watchmen, the trailer is the only thing I know about it. To be honest, the preview kind of freaked me out. I felt uncomfortable the whole time; probably won't be checking this one out.

Side note: why are they called trailers? Doesn't that imply it trails something, not preceeds it?

shakeycat
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 18:55 · Edited by: shakeycat

Watchmen set: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP& cp=s605np4rjm59&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=- 1000&scene=29262012&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&where1=byr ne%20road%2C%20burnaby&encType=1

See the greenscreens? There's a fake city street, with wooden fronts backed by shipping containers.

dierna
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 19:56

Quoting: polson
I know nothing about the Watchmen, the trailer is the only thing I know about it.

Polson,
I suggest you read the comic. It came out over 20 years ago and is a major phenomenon. A 12 part microseries...I believe it's in TPB now.

Now to me I wasn't that impressed with the comic. I guess it was too much hype from people telling me to read the danged thing. I read it a little over a year ago...my fave chracters are Rorschach (who talks in the trailer) and Dr. Manhattan (the blue guy).

Now the trailer tho gave me goosebumps. I was major impressed the 2 times I saw it (online and a couple days later at the theatre where it's attached to Dark Knight). The Mars palace Manhattan creates...pure beauty.

Also the main reason I think it's attached to Dark Knight is cuz the background music for the Watchmen trailer is from "Batman and Robin" *lol*

majin_fett
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 22:34

From Wikipedia: "The term "trailer" comes from their having originally been shown at the end of a film programme. That practice did not last long, because patrons tended to leave the theater after the films ended, but the name has stuck."

Quoting: dierna
Also the main reason I think it's attached to Dark Knight is cuz the background music for the Watchmen trailer is from "Batman and Robin" *lol*

I get the joke, but still, it's a DC comic. That's why it was attached to the Dark Knight.

And Polson, I'd give it a chance. It's actually quite good. All they showed were various action sequences, and it's not a very action-packed comic. It's actually a dark, political, flashback-filled, detective hero story.

dierna
# Posted: 22 Jul 2008 08:00

Quoting: majin_fett
It's actually a dark, political, flashback-filled, detective hero story.

I hear the guy they hired to play Nixon is pretty good. *L*

david1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2008 13:52

oh my god, that looks frikking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Pols that it looks freaky, but still its looks awesome!!!!!

Ive not heard about this movie, but will definatly go and see it now

Maybe the Spirit is your sorta movie? that looks awesome tooo!

polson
# Posted: 22 Jul 2008 14:57

You're kidding right? That Spirit trailer didn't explain anything except that the guy is a total womanizer. I hate guys like that.

I'm afraid comic books just don't get my blood running.

david1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2008 16:06

oh

tamurello
# Posted: 23 Jul 2008 20:16

I found the Watchmen graphic novel a bit disappointing. Maybe because its more cerebral and I was expecting an action oriented storyline - although the Rorschach character was good. I'm a big fan of Alan Moore though - think he wrote V for Vendetta and also an excellent Batman Graphic novel called The Killing Joke. The best Graphic novel I've come across is The Dark Knight Returns which came out at about the same time as Watcmen and in which Batman kicks Supermans butt

Like the trailer for Watchmen though!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0