· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / College/University course in Jedi being taught
dierna
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 03:32

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/09/12/2362 719.htm

The UK's first Jedi course teaching personal development through a Star Wars syllabus will open to students at Queen's University in Belfast from November.

According to its publicity material, the course, Feel the Force: How to Train in the Jedi Way, teaches the real-life psychological techniques behind Jedi mind tricks.

It also claims to examine the wider issues behind the Star Wars universe, like balance, destiny, dualism, fatherhood and fascism.

The university says it hopes to attract young Star Wars fans and introduce them to education through open learning.

No prior qualifications are required and the blurb informs students that light sabres are not provided.

Wow...now I have a choice...I can either take the Star Trek course at the University of Washington or go to Belfast to learn to be a Jedi!

darth_balco
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 14:30

That'll go just great when trying to look for a job, makes my Creative Writing degree look legit! Cause ya know, employers would love to have people majoring in the force to lead their companies to success.

demonvamp
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 18:27

Despairs for the future of mankind.

dierna
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 20:06

Balco:

You could always go to Lake Tahoe Community College where they offer a course in the languages of Star Trek, Star Wars, and LOTR.

At least that sounds more interesting than University of Wisconson's course on Soap Opera Analysis.....

christena
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 00:36

Quoting: dierna
No prior qualifications are required and the blurb informs students that light sabres are not provided.

Well dang! I wanted a pink lightsaber

dierna
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 05:26

Quoting: christena
Well dang! I wanted a pink lightsaber

You're probably gonna have to make your own like all good padawans do.

bria
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 11:59

Is there anything that you can't go to college for these days? I get stick for doing Arts, but this is ridiculous...

darth_balco
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 15:19

Quoting: bria
Is there anything that you can't go to college for these days? I get stick for doing Arts, but this is ridiculous...

Like I said, makes our degrees legit!

And people wonder why I get so upset about college these days.

polson
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 15:27

Dude. We could all just challenge the final exam and get ourselves degrees in science fiction.

bria
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 17:41

What kind of qualification do you get for that anyway? "Jedi Master" is fine, but you can't start with a Masters, can you. "Jedi Bachelor" might be accurate, no love and all that, but still. Bit silly.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 7
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0