· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Johnny Depp is....
dierna
# Posted: 25 Sep 2008 20:53

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080925/film_nm/us_dep pusfilm_2

Johnny Depp is becoming the new face of Walt Disney Studios. The actor will preside over the manic tea party in Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" as the Mad Hatter and will play Tonto in "The Lone Ranger," whose latest screen incarnation is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

Disney formally announced the casting Wednesday at a studio presentation. It also said it is officially in development on a fourth installment of "Pirates of the Carribean," which would see Depp reprise his popular role of Captain Jack.

On the "Alice" front, Depp and Burton -- who first worked together in 1990's "Edward Scissorhands" and most recently collaborated on "Sweeney Todd" -- have formed one of the longest-running director-actor partnerships in modern Hollywood. When Burton committed to filming a new live-action/CG-animated version of "Alice," Depp was touted as the most likely candidate to play the Mad Hatter -- after all, having worked with Burton on "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," he's practiced in wearing a top hat.

Mia Wasikowska, the young Australian actress who appeared in HBO's "In Treatment," has the film's title role.

Matt Lucas, who stars in the sketch comedy series "Little Britain USA," which debuts on HBO Sunday, is set to play the dual roles of Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

"Ranger," meanwhile, puts Depp back in business with Bruckheimer, who produced the "Pirates" movies. Tonto is the Native American colleague of cowboy hero the Lone Ranger. The casting could stir up controversy with Native American groups, who might accuse the studio of putting a white actor in the role. One factor that could counter such an argument is Depp's mixed ancestry, which includes German, Irish, and Cherokee.

"Ranger" is being written by "Pirates" scribes Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio and has no director at this time.

Tonto?! Somehow I don't see Johnny Depp as playing Tonto. He wouldn't be the first white man to play him tho as Irish-American John Todd was the first to play him before Jay Silverheels.

david1
# Posted: 25 Sep 2008 21:34

I thought this was a game and shall play it as such =(

Johnny Depp ... is my son (where'd ya think he got his good looks from!

haha

(p.s. johnny depp new face of disney ... argh .... i dont know who to feel sorry for, all those young girls never loving anyone else but him, or those young boys having to live up to the expectations of depp ... lol)

demonvamp
# Posted: 26 Sep 2008 00:13

I guess it's no stranger than Jake Gyllenwotsit playing the Prince of Persia.

polson
# Posted: 26 Sep 2008 02:06

I think we're missing the point here. Pirates 4!!!!!

majin_fett
# Posted: 26 Sep 2008 08:11

At least Johnny Depp has, y'know, Native American heritage.

gates
# Posted: 18 Nov 2008 06:43

I can't wait to see Alice based on the American McGee video game and Marilyn Manson's Phantasmagoria: The Works of Lewis Carrol, if he ever gets it finished. I love Lewis Carrol and the entire Wonderland series!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.020
Online now: Guests - 6
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0