These consoles are kinda funky lookin:

lzrman
# Posted: 27 Oct 2008 01:10

Those are neat!! Thanks Karen

dierna
# Posted: 27 Oct 2008 02:20

Quoting: lzrman
Those are neat!! Thanks Karen

Bug bug bug... my name is Caren not Karen....

lzrman
# Posted: 27 Oct 2008 18:10

so

gates
# Posted: 13 Nov 2008 04:19

I tried to get in on the Beta but I don't think I made it in. I'm getting emails about it though.

dierna
# Posted: 13 Nov 2008 06:04 · Edited by: dierna

Quoting: gates
I tried to get in on the Beta but I don't think I made it in.

The what now?!

Wait.. are you thinking of the Stargate MMORPG??? That's Stargate Worlds. Stargate Universe is the new tv series airing in June 09.

gates
# Posted: 18 Nov 2008 06:34

What what what!?!?!?!!?!? I thought you were talking about Worlds, and I've been out of the loop so long that I didn't know there is to be a new one!!! I must get digging...

dierna
# Posted: 15 Dec 2008 17:03

Aaand casting has begun!! Scottish actor Sir Robert Carlyle has been cast as Dr. David Rush, the leader of the expidition (his name has apperantly been mentioned on Joseph Malozzi's blog but was not on the list of characters).

Robert Carlyle was seen recently in 24: Redemption.

Looking at his filmography I've seen him in: Eragon, Hitler: Rise of Evil (where he played Hitler), The World is Not Enough (where he played Bond villian Renard), and The Full Monty.

So Sir Robert Carlyle has 2 things going for him. He's hot and Scottish! Mmm....Me loves the Scottish accent...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081215/tv_nm/us_scifi _1

dierna
# Posted: 17 Jan 2009 22:34

Ok!! More casting!!

http://www.mania.com/foursome-join-new-stargate_ar ticle_112380.html

SCI FI Channel has announced Justin Louis, David Blue, Brian J. Smith and Jamil Walker Smith will join the cast of the highly anticipated new original series "Stargate Universe." The four will enlist alongside Robert Carlyle (Dr. Nicholas Rush) in the latest adventure in the "Stargate" franchise produced by MGM television. Production will begin in Vancouver in February 2009 with an eye toward a fall '09 premiere.

Edgier and younger in tone than the two previous series, "SGU" follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians, who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth.

Justin Louis ("Hidden Hills," "The Fighting Fitzgeralds") will portray Colonel Everett Young, an experienced Stargate team leader. Married, with years of tough decisions under his belt, life has taught him never to take anything for granted. He stays on top of his team so they stay alive.

David Blue ("Ugly Betty," "Moonlight") stars as Eli Wallace, a total slacker, who just happens to be an utter genius with anything he puts his mind to - mathematics, computers, video games. A lack of confidence has left him with an acerbic sense of humor.

Brian J. Smith (The War Boys, Hate Crime) is Lt. Matthew Scott, a junior member of the Stargate team. Green and rough around the edges, he is thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready for the responsibility and must learn to command, earn respect through action, and manage the diverse personalities aboard the ship.

Jamil Walker Smith ("Waynehead," "Sister, Sister") will portray Sr. Sgt. Ronald Greer, a Marine with a temper you don't want to mess with. His past is mysterious but it's clear something dark formed the hard shell around him.

After looking these people up I've seen them in the following:
Justin Louis: ST Voyager (which doesn't help all the people comparing SGU to Voyager ), 2008's Andromeda Strain

David Blue: Twili er Moonlight (where he played basically the same character he is in SGU...The only difference being that his character was a Vampire )

Brian J. Smith: Noob actor. Never seen the only movie he's been in. Altho he's got 2 coming out this year

Jamil Walker Smith: Oh yay... a child actor... how fun....Only thing I've seen him in is an ep of Bones.

Oh and in case u didn't realize....SGU won't start till the fall.

aeon
# Posted: 19 Jan 2009 03:33

So, basically that show is Star Trek: Voyager, just in a new design, right? I mean, the plot is so similar, it's ridiculous. No offense to the Stargate fans, I'm sure they'll enjoy the show. But I find it a little too obvious... a crew stranded on a remote planet, trying to get home on a ship... I don't know...

demonvamp
# Posted: 19 Jan 2009 17:57

Quoting: dierna
Sir Robert Carlyle

Sir? He's not a Knight of the Realm.

majin_fett
# Posted: 19 Jan 2009 18:30

A crew stuck in unknown territory, trying to get home, and having adventures while doing that? Sounds like The Odyssey to me.

lzrman
# Posted: 20 Jan 2009 05:00

Sounds like Voyager!

majin_fett
# Posted: 20 Jan 2009 06:09

But the Odyssey kinda came first, Lzr. By several thousand years.

dierna
# Posted: 25 Jan 2009 01:32

The Promo is finally online!!

U can view it here:
http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=924261

and for non-Americans (cuz Sci-fi.com hates you) you can view it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GMzYp6fQoI

babel
# Posted: 25 Jan 2009 11:10

*ahem* Robert Carlyle has not been knighted.

demonvamp
# Posted: 25 Jan 2009 17:16

Quoting: babel
*ahem* Robert Carlyle has not been knighted.

That's what I said

babel
# Posted: 25 Jan 2009 17:26

oh, sorry QD!

dierna
# Posted: 27 Jan 2009 01:07

Well gee... looky who's interested in being in Stargate Universe now. After what nearly 2 years of denial Michael Shanks was asked to be in the pilot and said "Sure!"

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/01/daniel-may-a ppear-in-universe-premiere/

dierna
# Posted: 25 Feb 2009 04:07 · Edited by: dierna

Lou Diamond Phillips and Alaina Huffman have joined the cast of Stargate Universe. Lou will be playing Colonel Telford, the military leader of the expidition while Huffman (currently known as Black Canary in Smallville) will be playing field medic Tamara Johansen http://www.tvguide.com/News/Stargate-Universe-Cast ing-1003308.aspx

Also cast is. E.R's Ming Na as Camila Wray and Elyse Levesque as spoiled brat Chloe Armstrong. ---> http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/02/er-smallvill e-alums-join-stargate-universe/

fat_man
# Posted: 25 Feb 2009 22:41 · Edited by: fat_man

Day Robert Carlyle gets knighted is the day that the scottish parliament actually passes a bill of worth, so not going happen anytime soon. =\ doesn't he have an OBE or a MBE? or some other gash?

or fingers crosses he has CJD?

dierna
# Posted: 24 Mar 2009 19:18

If ya haven't seen it yet here's the first trailer for Stargate Universe (it was shown during the BSG series finale):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcQeNKVkHKM

demonvamp
# Posted: 25 Mar 2009 18:01

Interesting. Bless Lou Diamond Phillips, though, about time he got something other than a bit part.... and now he'll probably be dead by the second episode.

dierna
# Posted: 13 Apr 2009 07:38

Looks like Michael Shanks isn't the only SG1 cast member to appear in SGU!! Richard Dean Anderson will be in it as well... and not just in a cameo role!! He'll be in maybe 3 or 4 eps!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/04/anderson-con firms-sgu-appearances/

dierna
# Posted: 15 Apr 2009 17:46

Ok.. where's Teal'c?! Now Amanda Tapping and Gary Jones have joined the cast of SGU!! It's like an SG1 reunion!

And apperantly there's gonna be music in this show in the form of singer Janelle Monae (uh she's been nominated for Grammy's apperantly...never heard of her) who will be singing 2 songs.

Also in SGU is Carlo Rota, who'll play Carl Strom, head of the commitee that's in charge of funding for the Atlantis expidition (hmm...wonder if this means some folks from SGA will be in SGU too?? )

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090415/tv_nm/us_starg ate_2

polson
# Posted: 16 Apr 2009 18:08

BTW - while I was at the convention, I got loooooooads of SGU info.

Couple things I can share.

While the show will be set so that the characters are unable to get back to Earth, they will not be cut off from Earth (so, different from Atlantis season 1 and most of Voyager).

Fans asked Brad Wright about the filming style as it seemed very BSG (which was not popular with the crowd). He admitted the trailer that was put together does look very BSG and does seem a lot darker. He confirmed that they put a different spin on the new series but assured fans it will still have that Stargate sense of humor and flare we've come to love in the show, he also added that when they looked around at different sci fi shows for filming styles, the one they liked best and tried to model was for Firefly, not BSG.

Brad Wright confirmed there will be two gay characters on SGU.

That's all I can really say! I was on the set of SGU, however I signed a nondisclosure agreement so I can't tell you anything about it. Neener neener neener.

dierna
# Posted: 17 Apr 2009 04:46

Quoting: polson
While the show will be set so that the characters are unable to get back to Earth, they will not be cut off from Earth

Oh... well I suppose that's how RDA will be in so many eps then... *lol*

polson
# Posted: 17 Apr 2009 07:05

Yeah, it's all cameo stuff from SG-1, short and sweet.

OH I do have other news...

SG-1 will have a new movie. They are currently writing the script - it will center on Jack O'Neill instead of it just being a cameo apperance. RDA is on board with that, so it's for sure. They hope to start filming late 2009 or early 2010.

SGA - at the moment MGM only wants to focus on one movie at a time. As SG-1 was here first and still stands as their primary money maker, they are going to do the third SG-1 movie before starting on the planned SGA movie. Though delayed, the promise there WILL be an SGA movie.

SGU is already garranteed two seasons and will be AIRING ON SPACE!!!! Yay for us Canadians who don't have satalite! (except I fully admit I will only be watching SGU in order to hate it).

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.041
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0