· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Majel Barrett Roddenberry has died! :(
dierna
# Posted: 18 Dec 2008 22:35

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_en_ce/obit_ majel_roddenberry_2

Majel Barrett Roddenberry, the widow of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry, has died. She was 76. Roddenberry, an actress who appeared in numerous "Star Trek" TV shows and movies, died Thursday of leukemia at her home in Bel-Air, Calif., her representative said.

At Roddenberry's side were family friends and her only son, Eugene Roddenberry Jr. Gene Roddenberry died in 1991.

Her romance with Roddenberry earned her the title "The First Lady of Star Trek." A fixture in the "Star Trek" franchise, her roles included Nurse Christine Chapel in the original "Star Trek," Lwaxana Troi in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and the voice of the USS Enterprise computer in almost every spin-off of the 1966 cult series. She recently reprised the voice role in the upcoming "Star Trek" film directed by J.J. Abrams.

But...but... Lwaxana....she...

polson
# Posted: 19 Dec 2008 01:05

But, but...but...but....

matt
# Posted: 19 Dec 2008 05:52

i was so excited to hear she was do the computer voice in the new movie after all it wouldent feel right with out her... this is soo sad

trekkymccoy
# Posted: 19 Dec 2008 16:35

Everyone in ST is dying, but luckly, the spirit will never die! She will remain in our hearts always!

dierna
# Posted: 19 Dec 2008 16:59

Quoting: matt
i was so excited to hear she was do the computer voice in the new movie after all it wouldent feel right with out her.

Indeed and thankfully she had finished her voice work on Dec 4th. The Leukemia came on pretty quickly so she wasn't suffering long and died peacefully in her sleep.

They have a thread on their forum where you can post your memories and condolences and stuff:

http://bbs.roddenberry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 19 Dec 2008 18:50

How sad

* Jadzia *

lzrman
# Posted: 20 Dec 2008 03:42

The best part was the computer

lzrman
# Posted: 20 Dec 2008 03:43

wonder who they will get to replace her, or if they will continue to use a soundboard

aeon
# Posted: 20 Dec 2008 13:57

The sad part is I didn't know that she had cancer.

gentry
# Posted: 20 Dec 2008 18:04

Sad news

christena
# Posted: 20 Dec 2008 19:05

This makes me so sad.. she was great!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0