· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Green Lantern: First Flight
majin_fett
# Posted: 6 Apr 2009 23:50

This summer, Warner Bros. and DC are releasing a new addition to their animated movies line-up, this time focusing on the super hero called Green Lantern. The plot is thus:

"Green Lantern: First Flight finds test pilot Hal Jordan recruited to join the Green Lantern Corps after the death of his predecessor Abin Sur and placed under the supervision of respected senior officer Sinestro. The newly recruited officer of sector 2814 soon discovers his mentor is actually the central figure in a secret conspiracy that threatens the philosophies, traditions and hierarchy of the entire Green Lantern Corps. Hal must quickly hone his newfound powers and combat the treasonous Lanterns within the ranks to maintain order in the universe."

It will be featuring the voice work of Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU) as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Victor Garber (Alias) as Sinestro, Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs) as Kilowog, and Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) as Boodika.

The official site is here.

You can watch the official trailer here.

majin_fett
# Posted: 6 Apr 2009 23:55

That's the DVD cover/poster

majin_fett
# Posted: 30 Apr 2009 17:36

The release date has been announced: July 28, 2009.

And a new DVD cover:

Green Lantern: First Flight

majin_fett
# Posted: 31 Jul 2009 19:36

This came out earlier this week.

It was awesome. More complete review later.

deboe
# Posted: 31 Jul 2009 21:36

so they changed his skin tone again

majin_fett
# Posted: 1 Aug 2009 01:22

Quoting: deboe
so they changed his skin tone again

Hal Jordan has always been white, since the late 50's. You're thinking of John Stewart (no, not Jon Stewart of the Daily Show), who's been around since the early 70's, and was the Green Lantern featured in the Justice League cartoon.

demonvamp
# Posted: 1 Aug 2009 14:03 · Edited by: demonvamp

I just could never take Green Lantern seriously. He has a lamp... and a sparkly ring...

I mean, it's not exactly Wolverine, is it.

*ducks and covers*

majin_fett
# Posted: 1 Aug 2009 16:10

I couldn't take him seriously either. Then I actually read the comic. I wasn't laughing anymore.

Same goes for Captain America. I thought he was just a lame patriotic hero. Then I actually read his comic, and now he's in my Top 5 for super heroes.

jd
# Posted: 1 Aug 2009 18:37

Does sparkly ring and lamp rank higher or lower than Gladiator?

katrina
# Posted: 2 Aug 2009 02:11

hey man, leave Gladiator alone!

jd
# Posted: 2 Aug 2009 18:16

The power of self confidence versus the power of lamp is totally a fair fight.

dierna
# Posted: 2 Aug 2009 21:01 · Edited by: dierna

I've seen this movie and found it to be just Ok.. nothing compared to the awesomeness that was the Wonder Woman movie or New Frontier.

I loved that Ch'p was in it!

Weird things about the movie:
1: When Hal Jordan first transforms it's straight out of the transformation sequence in Sailor Moon.

2: The Star Wars refrences...From Abin Sur's "Use the ring wisely" to the Mos Eisley Cantina...

3: WTH did they do to Kanjar Ro?! He's never EVER been a giant anthro bug before! WTF?!

4: The oans have names....they really didn't have names before Hal showed up....I couldn't tell em apart anyways....

5: Sinestro's mustache is a character unto itself.....

Hopefully the Superman/Batman Public Enemies coming out in September will be better

demonvamp
# Posted: 4 Aug 2009 01:06

Quoting: dierna
I loved that Ch'p was in it!

Chippy? As in I'm just going down t'chippy for a fish supper with mushy peas and gravy?

dierna
# Posted: 5 Aug 2009 02:22

Quoting: demonvamp
Chippy? As in I'm just going down t'chippy for a fish supper with mushy peas and gravy?

No! Ch'p is a popular Green Lantern. He's an alien Squrrel/Chipmunk from the planet H'lven! Unfortunatly he was killed off some time back...but he's appeared alot in the animated stuff. And yes he's part of Blackest Night (Rodent Zombie!! )

rabid_tribble
# Posted: 6 Aug 2009 05:59

I bought this animated film on Blu-ray the other day. Good stuff! Entertaining movie. Can't wait for the upcoming live action Green Lantern movie.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0