· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Tennant voted greatest Doctor of all time
dierna
# Posted: 23 Dec 2009 00:23

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091222/ten-tennant-g reatest-doctor-of-all-5a7c575.html

David Tennant has been voted the greatest Doctor Who of all time in a new poll.

And fans questioned by Gocompare.com would rather have Ewan McGregor, or even Russell Brand, as the next Time Lord than David's actual successor, Matt Smith.

Asked to vote for their favourite Doctor, almost 46 per cent of the 2,000 polled chose David Tennant, who bows out in the Christmas special this year.

Moulin Rouge star Ewan was the number one choice to be the next doctor with 21 per cent of the votes, while Matt Smith, who is taking on the role in the BBC show came in sixth place, behind My Family's Kris Marshall, Jonathan Creek star Alan Davies, Russell Brand and Stephen Fry.

Some fans believe it's time to see the Time Lord reincarnated in female form, with Catherine Tate, Anna Friel and Jo Brand as the most popular choices. Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding was also among the choices to play the first female Doctor Who.

Billie Piper was by far the most loved Doctor's assistant with 36.5 per cent of votes as Rose Tyler, ahead of Captain Jack Harkness, played by John Barrowman in second place with 11.65 per cent and Catherine Tate as Donna Noble in third place.

Nicholas Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare.com, said, "Everyone has their favourite Doctor Who and David Tennant has definitely won over old and young alike to be voted the greatest Doctor ever.

"As for the new Doctor, Matt Smith has a very tough act to follow and it seems the British public would have preferred the Tardis to be passed on to someone better known."

Of all time? Eh I dunno... I like Tennant and all but Tom Baker's my fave.

babel
# Posted: 24 Dec 2009 18:24

Russell Brand. Anyone who said that is an idiot. They cast Matt as he is an excellent actor. Ye gods. If I ever met someone in the street who said to me Brand should play the Doctor I would almost certainly headbutt them. The British public, like many other publics the world over, know sod all. Matt will be superb. Superb. I predict, confidently, that he will eclipse Tennant.

As for a female Doctor. There are female Time Lords. The Doctor is male. Get over it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.013
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0