· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF News / The Simming Team Ship!
cameronjb756
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 01:33

As some of you may beware, CL4 Darth Sidious is awaiting the Go ahead from the Executive Council to revive simming!

Until we get the go ahead we thought we should ask for a Ship name!

Please post you're Idea and we'll select one!

It can be anything, as long as it's not silly or immature.

Post away!

CL4 Cameron
Acting Simming Writing Manager

david1
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 04:21

If they take too long, start it, if it gets popular with the community, they wont just stamp it out. Plus it will be proof it can work.

As for the name

"Potato"

darth_sidious
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 06:09

I'm not condoning a Ship called Potato

Ok some more details:

We are going to be running a Live Sim based on a Star Trek Federation vessel.

We wanted to reach out to the OTF community for ideas on names.

If we get enough planned before the greenlight, we'll see if we can clear some Chat Room time on the Calendar to run the first event.

We're quite excited about this, as we plan to make it episodic, meaning that each Sim will be like an episode in a TV Series, continuing an over arching plot from one sim to another.

Led by Cameron, we have a team of enthusiastic Writers, but we are still looking for more staff.

So if you would like to be involved, either as part of the team, or as a future player, let me know : rezal2020@gmail.com

For now though, lets discuss ship names, and see where we go from there

david1
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 08:22

attempt 2 at a name then.....

"Magellan"

What contingency plan do you have in place to drum up support for this sim? I found in the past, people tend to stay on the side line, they're interested, however they're too afraid to be drawn into somthing thats not proven or has any historic foundation. (speaking as a previous ent SM )

Would you, for instance, get a tiny group of people together, and just launch the ship in a small sim, and invite everyone to come and watch on the sidelines, to drum up interest?

Could you, if people dont come forward soonish, aiming for a long run sim, be happy to run it in small capacity for a while to drum up interest in the sim in the long run? lets say for instance, could you run the sim on 3/4 people?

Would it be fun? comic? or would it be serious?
People tend to come back if they're having fun, but thats all down to the roster of people you get in place, me for instance, id turn up if i was having a laugh, if it was comical, etc, if it was serious, id be less likely, because, it wouldnt feel like a relaxing unwind, but would feel like a serious job to me, etc, if you get my drift.

anyway, i can see ive gone into full whacko mode. lol. said me 2 cents.

darth_sidious
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 17:10

I plan to make it doable with small numbers yes, and there will be a GM present during the Sims to help move the stories.

I'm not sure on theme yet as we are still working out plot, and peoples opinions here will be taken into account too. The more input we get now the more we can tailor to the desires of potential players.

I know we aren't going to please everyone, but it needs to be enjoyable for the majority of potential players.

It will also depend on how things go when the similar starts. The feel and the story will be shaped as much by people playing as it is by the pre-planned plot.

trekkey
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 21:56

It'd probably help to know what class of ship it is and what role it fills, if you guys have any ideas.

Regardless, I've been on a Samurai movie kick lately so I'm gonna have to suggest it be called the USS Miyamoto.

korny
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 22:08

I'd go with Potato. Tasty, tasty Potato.

trekkey
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 22:15

Call it the USS Solanum.

It's science talk for Potato. Kind of.

darth_sidious
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 23:01

The Make and Purpose are still being decided among the team, they just wanted to get a feel for what people wanted, so if there is any opinion on that, it will certainly be taken into account.

I do like Miyamoto though, I must say.

MackMack23
# Posted: 16 Jul 2013 23:15

Guys, do i have the ship for you! The USS WOLFPAC

She's my gal Carrie's personal starship and she's been decom'd and is now being used for a Training vessel, but she's in perfect shape... aside from a few "dings and dents" the Warp core is a state of the art system designed by the captain herself and only she gets the honor of firing that bad boy up when the ship has a fresh crew..
She's a BEAUTY! An Intrepid-class vessel capable of holding 200 crew members, folding Nacells and the bridge is out of this world, Carrie's an old sentimental gal and she likes her first captain's chair so she Commisioned one to be installed in the Bridge. The Ship it self is just... it's carrie's baby and it breaks her heart to see this vessel not used to it full use... training missions are all fine and well, but the ship seems... empty.. without a full crew.

tanneffel
# Posted: 17 Jul 2013 01:45

Miyamoto? Potato? Why not just go with Jagaimo, best of both worlds.

quincyw
# Posted: 17 Jul 2013 02:54

You can't name a ship Miyamoto unless it's Miyamoto Musashi. And you'd have to make it separates into two pieces one larger than the other.

Why not simply USS Outpost?

trekkey
# Posted: 17 Jul 2013 08:49

Quoting: quincyw
You can't name a ship Miyamoto unless it's Miyamoto Musashi. And you'd have to make it separates into two pieces one larger than the other.

I've always found ships that use a person's full name to be kind of awkward sounding, like The USS Albert Einstein. I don't know why they couldn't just call it the Einstein.

soka
# Posted: 18 Jul 2013 19:26

USS Forward
USS Mirror
USS Redshirt

tpel_kestra
# Posted: 19 Jul 2013 00:05

No to Wolfpac. Too cheesy in my opinion. No offense, Stephi.

I propose the USS Vakh (Vulcan for Bold)

Or USS Pulsar

quincyw
# Posted: 19 Jul 2013 08:48

Discovery, Atlantis, Endeavour...

darth_sidious
# Posted: 19 Jul 2013 16:16

I'm liking a lot of these suggestions, thanks guys! I'm going to take them to the Team and see if we can decide on something

7of24
# Posted: 20 Jul 2013 03:05

how bout USS Stewart

quincyw
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 04:22

By the way, you can use USS Lexington and even the premise, for 10F. It didn't turn out the way I wanted... Bit boring. You just can't use my character (Aurora Ng), that's all I ask.

quincyw
# Posted: 1 Aug 2013 22:30

*raises hand* Congratulations on getting the ship up and running!

Can I make a suggestion? It's fairly obvious but not necessarily so, but could you please edit the post to make clear it's in the Prime Universe not the Abramsverse and also the year of the sim because people would want their post-Dominion tech.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.026
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0