· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF News / Trivia
. 1 . 2 . >>
majin_fett
# Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:22

Since Aeon is posting about hiring, so will I!

Trivia, as always, is hiring. For all Divisions. So, bring on your Star Wars, Star Trek, or Fantasy knowledge and help us out!

Apply here. I promise that I'll get to your application as soon as possible...

CL7 Majin Kaze
Trivia Team Leader
Capella Division Leader
Entertainment Assistant Manager (2)
Senator of Mandalore
Freaking awesome Super Hero
ETC.

aeon
# Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:30

No brownies, rum and rainbows?

Ha!

That's why you should apply for Comms.

bria
# Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:38

Trivia has cages, whips and food fights.

And triviahugs. Ah, those were the days...

aeon
# Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:51

Just so you have the correct link to apply...

*clickie-click*

polson
# Posted: 14 Jan 2008 13:32

No Stargate trivia? No Polson!!

I kid.

No wait, I don't.

Um....no, I'm kidding, because even if there was Stargate trivia, I wouldn't join trivia.

wedge
# Posted: 14 Jan 2008 22:14

Trivia is a poor mans simming.

jaquaia
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 06:29

Quoting: aeon
No brownies, rum and rainbows?

Ha!

That's why you should apply for Comms.

They used to have cookies apparently!

But I sent my minions to steal them

majin_fett
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 09:38

Quoting: wedge
Trivia is a poor mans simming.

Better a happy poor man than a miserable rich man...

Quoting: jaquaia
They used to have cookies apparently!

No, I hand out comic books now. And grilled cheese sandwiches.

Wait, I still have cookies too.

jaquaia
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 11:30

Quoting: majin_fett
Wait, I still have cookies too.

Erm yeah, we erm...decided we didn't like them, sorry about the nibbled edges but we had to make sure we didn't like them

wedge
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 11:40

Better a happy poor man than a miserable rich man...

bahumbug =P

aeon
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 11:40

I too like grilled cheese sandwiches!

But still: Tribune > Trivia

*offers TWO grilled cheese sandwiches to all who apply for Comms*

polson
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 12:16

I'll give you a fat lip if you offer any more sandwich sacrifices to the masses.

majin_fett
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 12:31

Can we not have a competition between departments on this thread? I just want more members.

aeon
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 18:46

So do I.

Because... I only have two.

darth_balco
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 21:14 · Edited by: darth_balco

Okay. *takes a deep breath*

First off, my own section of Gemini is needing help too. I'm basically running the show by myself. So if you want to help out, then join. If you're wanting to an opportunity to break that CL4 barrier and want to be one of the big kids, then I'll help you get there. You like doing questions and want to be like Pat Sajack or Howie Mandell and host a game show (Which is what Trivia really is)? Then join here. But if you want something else, that's fine. But always know that Trivia is like 7-11, we may not be doing business, but we're always open. Well that basically should go for all other departments as well. *l* But anywhoo, you want to help? Then don't be afraid to stop by Trivia.

Second - This retarded notion of competition between departments needs to stop. What is the whole point of "Oooooh! Tribune > Trivia" or "Oooohhh Guilds > Everyone Else"? Everytime someone starts this competition crap, it just makes my blood boil. Why?

BECAUSE WE'RE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM FOR GOODNESS, SAKE!

Why are there departments in OTF? It's to, ya know, help OTF. No department, and I mean NO DEPARTMENT is better than the other. Every department, no matter what anyone thinks about it, is supposed to help OTF by giving our members an opportunity in some way to help out the community. So they aren't better than one another, they have their own special way to help make OTF the awesome place it once was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Do you see people in RL going "Oooohhh Accounting > Human Relations" or "Ooooohhh Highway Patrol > Department of Transportation"? Has anyone see a football team like the Chargers go "Hey Norm! You should let Phillip Rivers throw the ball more instead of running a balanced attack because he's got cookies and he's the most totally uber-hawt player out there" ? No, because they're all on the same team.

Same goes for OTF, we're all part of it, so we shouldn't be trying to brag which department is better.

And for those that want members too that basically jump started this whole "competition between departments" crap, then stick to your own threads and try to get help for your own department instead of going on other people's thread to get help and basically thrash it. Because half of the posts in this thread have been nothing but bashing Trivia, department competition crap, and promoting their own agendas.

For all those members of OTF that want to help out in someway, join the department that best fits what you want to do. If you wanna join Guilds instead doing the Tribune or Trivia. Then that's great, at least you found something to help out OTF that fits with what interests you the most. Just don't listen to all this competition crap and this whole "join us, we have cookies" or "join us, all the hawt babes are here!". Just join the department that think you will enjoy yourself in and will bring the most out of you.

I know this little tirade will tick off a lot people, but I don't care. I just get tired of seeing that I feel, hurts OTF rather than help it. Also, I wanna make ol' Majin knows that his people got his back. I don't bash other people's departments, they're all cool in their own special way. So all I'm asking is let's stop the hatin' and spread a little love.

Thank you and Good Night. *bows and drops the mic*

CL5 PR Moore
Trivia - Gemini DL
A guy that just wants to see OTF back where it was a few years ago, vibrant, full of life, full of wonderful people you could talk to for hours and hours on end.

aeon
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 21:28

Wow. I can only laugh at this. You're taking all this joking way too seriously.

darth_balco
# Posted: 15 Jan 2008 21:37 · Edited by: darth_balco

No. It's quite obvious that he's just wanting help for his team, just like you. I don't see him going into your thread and joking around bashing your section do I?

Like I said, this stuff happens all the time, and it needs to stop. And do you think a member just looking to help takes this as a joke? Probably not, because some may take it as a little club where only the "cool people" are allowed in instead of viewing as a place to help.

Think it's just a joke? I think Majin stated it pretty clearly...
Can we not have a competition between departments on this thread? I just want more members.

crazytexan
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 06:50

Join whatever department you want if it's something you enjoy, or don't.

Work together and reflect your department/team awesomeness in positive and reaffirming words and deeds. Friendly rivalry once in a while as a joke is one thing...brutal competition against each other makes you look like a tool.

You know I'm right. All of the departments and teams rock in their own unique way so stop the asshattery.

CT

aeon
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 08:18

And now do elaborate please when we were brutally competing against each other if that is how it all appeared to you.

polson
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 08:32

Balco is bang on here about us being on the same team.

And I don't see a problem with friendly joking banter.

Everything about this is ironic because in one thread we've got "OTF used to be more fun when we could joke around" and then in another we've got, "stop joking around, this isn't funny."

I say let's strike a balance, people.

Firstly, if anyone really does think "department a is better than department b" they should volunteerily retire from departmental work.

Second, even friendly banter can go to far. When Majin posted his protest against the turn things were taking, that was an indicator that this was not the time, the place or the manner; that's when you gotta stop and engage your brain before your mouth and think "is what I'm saying a good idea? Is it building up or tearing down? At least one person thinks I'm tearing down, could there be more?". OTFers are thread hijackers by nature and we ruin pretty much anything serious put on here (and everyone SHOULD know that's a danger when they post something), but to be honest we could be a little more diserning.

Team mentality means putting other people first. Putting other people first means when someone expresses a concern, you stop and think instead of immediately jumping to cut them down.

crazytexan
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 08:58

Quoting: aeon
And now do elaborate please when we were brutally competing against each other if that is how it all appeared to you.

"Brutal competition" is not in reference to this particular thread, our your playful banter, but an overall mentality that there are people out there that aren't team players and are only in it for themselves, but since this thread is essentially one big joke and I am thereby amused, I see no point in elaborating.

majin_fett
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 09:33

Can we all take a deep breath? Please?

aeon
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 09:38

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who considers this to be joking.

And seriously, folks. Look what Polson said about her "OTF used to be more fun when we could joke."

It's difficult to joke around when you have to make sure first not to tip on anyone's toes, but sadly, the OTF community has a habit of feeling easily offended every now and then. Me included. Maybe I'm even the queen of feeling easily offended. But yarr... like I said earlier, don't take everything too serious, folks. We're here for fun. All this discussing is pointless.

And Majin, if you really feel offended by this, I apologize. It wasn't my intention. But that's obvious. Or at least I think it was.

polson
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 09:56

My point was "let's strike a balance"...

majin_fett
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 10:53 · Edited by: majin_fett

The moral of this story is that I'm putting up an ad for people to join Trivia.

babel
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 11:16

*l* glad I retired again.

Asshatttery indeed!

aeon
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 11:31

On the bright side... this thread got 149 views so far. Mine got 51.

Seems that it's actually Trivia > Tribune

So apply.

lzrman
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 13:04

Join Trivia!

lzrman
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 13:04

Then when your set, join 2 teams and join Aeon

fat_man
# Posted: 16 Jan 2008 14:01

my team is the best.

On a less lighter note, you guys make my brain hurt stop doing it

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.029
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0