· Outpost 10F · Forums · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF News / New Changes........... Comments
. 1 . 2 . >>
lzrman
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 04:28

Here's where the comments can go for the Chat Consolidation !!

I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

david1
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 05:09

hey hey hey

i got just a sugestion, with the armory, have a button/menu to enable the user to switch between different armory modes (i.e. tf to mt ... etc) just to be able to use other armory functions

XZ

lzrman
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 06:05 · Edited by: lzrman

Change Chatroom Weapons < to that line
[Ten Forward] [Cloud City Cantina] [Minas Tirith] [Rotarran] [D'Deridex]

Like this!!!!!!!!!

LZ

iain
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 06:41

"LZ"?

(PS: Three cheers for our InDev Engineer, Ohm! )

david1
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 07:18

he got his r chopped off

ohm
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 08:07

Ok, the ability to change affiliation within the armory... It doesn't quite sit right with me, don't you think the armory should match the genre of the room you log into? But if it's a transperancy that will be popular then by all means it can be done.

I guess my question is that if you log into Minas Tirith, do you want armory posts, timeout messages, etc. displayed in a way that suits the genre? Or rather would you prefer to read the messages from the point of view of whoever fired the shot, etc.

For example, if Hobbie decide to Level 2 someone would you prefer his message (assuming he has logged in via the ccc) or have it rendered suitable to the chat your in.

Variety or consistency I guess is the crux of the question.

soka
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 10:37

I'd say use the weapon that is affiliated with the shooting person - sorry, but I have a hard time imagining Han shooting Greedo with a phaser

I would like links to the different login-pages on the Personnel list.
Or a seperate page, it doesn't matter, maybe with thumbnail-previews of the chattops.

It's just that so far the personnel list always was my start-page for that reason (and I'm sure I wasn't alone there)

polson
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 16:57

*nods with Soka* Yeah, put the login links on the personnel page. That was always my first stop.

darth_balco
# Posted: 9 Sep 2008 18:15

I agree with that too. I was pretty confused at first when going to the personnel page and seeing that the link they had kept taking me back to the main page. *l*

lzrman
# Posted: 11 Sep 2008 01:36

Number of current Outpost10f chat occupants: 10
Genre Login to [Ten Forward] [Cloud City Cantina] [Minas Tirith]

ohm
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 11:20

Didn't anyone notice that the navigation bar at the top has a category called "chat" and contains links to all the chat rooms?

Or do we need to be less subtle in our approach to herding people to the login forms? Just keep in mind that we potentially will be adding more chat genres over time, how is the personnel page going to look with a dosen or so chat rooms listed?

fat_man
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 11:49

the preview character thing doesn't work anymore btw

soka
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 12:21

I did notice it, but I prefer regular links which I can open in a new window.

And the number of future rooms is why I suggested an extra page for the links.

Also, that Menu needs to be updated too - Departments replaced by Teams and stuff like that.
I'd like a link to the BR on it, maybe in the News section, and (as I've said for years) the PDs should be linked somewhere too - only way to access them at the moment is via the Documentation.

And on a side-note ... BNT has been gone for years now, could you remove it from the top5-list? I think it's only 1 line of code that needs to be removed. It keeps getting listed, probably when the list is alphabetically because no project has a hit.

david1
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 12:47

i say we should bring bnt back

david1
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 12:56

Quoting: ohm
Didn't anyone notice that the navigation bar at the top has a category called "chat" and contains links to all the chat rooms?

Or do we need to be less subtle in our approach to herding people to the login forms? Just keep in mind that we potentially will be adding more chat genres over time, how is the personnel page going to look with a dosen or so chat rooms listed?

I think people are refering to the fact that, people have gotten into the habbit of clicking onto the personal page to see whos in the rooms before then enter themselfs (to see if its worth entering), and theyd like the chat links duplicated for "their" convenience.

Personally i think the personal page should go alltogether, and on the home page, have it show the current number of chat occupants as a number only, or maybe have a list of just 10 names (up to 10 that is) just under the active forums bit. because that is all you need to know really, who needs to knwo the rank, cl and com id of current occupants? theyre just useless information that only really need to be shown on the EPL

XZ's cents

david1
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 12:57

Quoting: fat_man
the preview character thing doesn't work anymore btw

they work for me ....

fat_man
# Posted: 14 Sep 2008 19:38

BNT got taken off cos it was apparently causing all the ISE's a few years back on the old server...

I seem to get a message saying i already have 3 profiles active or some rubbish like that when i try character preview.

lzrman
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 17:46

You would think, New Server we could try BNT again see what happens.

shakeycat
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 21:33

that or let the Outpost10f link on the personnel page link to an Outpost10f login with embarrassingly bad avatars...

david1
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 22:12

yeah bring back bnt >.<

polson
# Posted: 15 Sep 2008 23:34

Any volunteers to run it?

lzrman
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 02:02

Dave can run i t *poke XZ* he'll put on a show.

soka
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 09:53

Oh great ... that was not what I had intended by mentioning BNT

Ok, I see ... I'll create my own links-page then I suppose *shrugs*

polson
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 13:39

Soka *l* I think the homepage redesign is on the current project list. You're right, it needs changes, more than we need BNT.

shakeycat
# Posted: 16 Sep 2008 18:29

Who wants to be on my team! ....

david1
# Posted: 17 Sep 2008 18:59 · Edited by: david1

Erm id help run it with 2 other people. (to account for time zones, plus id like to play it sometimes too lmao)

XZ

lzrman
# Posted: 18 Sep 2008 04:55

You are Either a Playa or da Aministra!

soka
# Posted: 18 Sep 2008 07:45

That's why he said we'd need 2 more people - so he can play from time to time.

fat_man
# Posted: 21 Sep 2008 11:02 · Edited by: fat_man

deepends on how you want to run the beast?

last time round we had admin and mods. The mods got to play the game. Admin never.

David should e-mail me and i'll tell him how we did it in the old days. and he should also get on TF2 sometime soon for some epic gaming

david1
# Posted: 21 Sep 2008 17:34

I know why the Admin isnt allowed to play a round, caus the admin can cheat without leaving a trace, however it doesnt require an admin to cheat, anyone with direct database access could easily cheat without leaving a trace. Now how many people have high level database access on otf *l* and how many "impossible" acts did people see occour in previous rounds? *lol*

. 1 . 2 . >>
This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.

Page loading time (secs): 0.097
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0