· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF News / The new Gaming Team!
ajcardall
# Posted: 4 Feb 2010 12:14

Hello everyone!!

Just here to go into more detail about the revival of the ENT department, in particular the Gaming Team!

Previously the Gaming Team spent a lot of time and effort focusing on browser-based games such as BNT. While these did generate some excitement, I feel the team as a whole was missing a very big trick by not looking into MMOs, network games, Xbox Live and so forth. So, this time around I am hoping to build a team that will balance between the two, perhaps with slight bias towards the Gaming side as opposed to the browser-based side.

What I am hoping for is to have a team that will be working towards setting up clans for MMOs, dealing with competitions and tournaments for online games (Halo, Cod MW2, FIFA, etc...), forums for discussing the games - hints, tips, reviews etc, and hopefully using these online environments to spread the "good word" about OTF - especially in MMOs such as WoW, STO, SWG and the upcoming new Star Wars MMO. These, being sci-fi/fantasy, could attract a big crowd into OTF.

We will offer browser based game as well, as before, but these will no longer be the sole and main focus for the team. Also, I would like to see browser games that encourage player interaction, co-operation and competition, as opposed to solo play. A large part of what OTF stands for is community, and the games should reflect a community spirit with teams, factions, clans, or whatever we label them as.

At present the Gaming Team is, by and large, empty. What we need are people who have a passion for ANY type of game to get involved. We're not demanding your full time and attention - just think of it as a hobby. There will be no niggly reports to fill in every month this time, either. We want to make Entertainment... Entertaining! and fun to be involved with. So if you fancy a go and can spare a small amount of your time, do get in touch. You can either email me directly at andrew.cardall@gmail.com or merely reply to this thread, and I will contact you. We need people of all skills and levels of ability to get involved and really make this work and fun!

Thanks, folks!

CL7 AJ
Entertainment Senior Manager

master_chief
# Posted: 4 Feb 2010 14:55

Email sent Sounds like a great project, AJ, will support in any way I can!

deboe
# Posted: 4 Feb 2010 15:22

<--- interested.

ares_reaper8
# Posted: 4 Feb 2010 19:27

i'm interested

ajcardall
# Posted: 4 Feb 2010 20:34

If noted down emails and stuff, and will be in touch shortly.

Also, you're all awesome.

lzrman
# Posted: 5 Feb 2010 02:43

Should setup tournaments!

david1
# Posted: 5 Feb 2010 12:28

Ill definatly would liek to help with this project, but i would liek to help on "steam"/pc side of gaming lol. as thats my area of mastery

david1
# Posted: 5 Feb 2010 12:35

Quoting: ajcardall
We're not demanding your full time and attention - just think of it as a hobby.

What he means is, if you wanan host games and be the "big bad guy" lol then join

deboe
# Posted: 5 Feb 2010 14:14

Quoting: david1
i would like to help on "steam"/pc side of gaming
same here. I don't own a console past Nintendo 64

ajcardall
# Posted: 5 Feb 2010 14:47

That's grand you two, going to cover all aspects of gaming from consoles to PC/Steam to MMOs, so there's something for everyone.

I'll hopefully be able to start dishing out emails with further details in a day or two

ares_reaper8
# Posted: 5 Feb 2010 19:38

i'm on xbox live

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0