· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF News / Mt. Doom!
trinity
# Posted: 13 Mar 2013 15:31

So here's the dealio, folks!

After a lot of discussion, M'Lady Tanya and I have discovered that our lovely Minas Tirith had been invaded by enemy avatars (oh nos!) and needed a bit of a trimming. Due to the release of the The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and the impending three films, we realized that there were many, many more LOTR avatars to come, and that some of them needed a little....erm...sprucing. Additionally, we had over a hundred non-LOTR avatars in Final Fantasy avatars alone. So we're cutting back, for the sake of keeping the room LOTR themed, and to make room for incoming avatars. However, since a lot of you love your avis, and I wasn't sure which ones were used the most, I wanted to throw it out here that if you have an avatar you need a-savin', just reply to this post and let me know which one. To review those scheduled for incineration in the flames of Mordor, visit Mount Doom.

Ground Rules:

1) Each member can request up to three avatars to save.

2) Only so many requests can be granted: if every member requests a different three and there ends up being another 200 put back in, this may not happen. So request only if it's an avatar you really love or will actually use frequently.

3) This works both ways! If there is an avatar you absolutely hate, think is grainy, or resized funny - now is the time to speak up! I'll review each request and take it to bosslady Tanya.

4) If you think MT is missing any characters, or if there is a character listed under a generic title "elf (2)" and you know the characters actual name? Feel free to enlighten me so I can make the listing more complete!

Now....fire away! (get it? Mt. Doom? Fire? )

~Trinity

cameronjb756
# Posted: 13 Mar 2013 15:50

Please do not get rid of Leo (4) it is the only avatar that I ever use when I use the LOTR Chat!

trinity
# Posted: 13 Mar 2013 15:55

Ok Cam! I'll throw him in the "specials" folder. At some point, I might make a new avatar for him. If you can find a cleaner base image, maybe i can make him less grainy.

cameronjb756
# Posted: 13 Mar 2013 15:56

\o/ Thank you, and it looks grainy? I thought he looked rather awesome.

trinity
# Posted: 13 Mar 2013 16:35

*nodnod* I'm a bit ...obsessive

mohdanni
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 00:38

Thanks for doing this Trinity and Tanya...I will have to see which Brom I like best.

Are we dumping Harry Potter, Charmed, etc?

trinity
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 03:55

Deus - Just let me know which.

and yup! there were just way too many of everything. But since I know some of those are used frequently (Morwie, for example, always uses a charmed av and jarek always has squall from FFVIII) I'll plop 'em into the specials. The Harry Potters, I suspect, will be brought in for special events etc. But yes, all of the non LOTR avs were cut, save for the specials.

tanneffel
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 06:38

The Harry Potters will need someone to take half an hour and make non-pixelated gorgeous avs, at which point in time we will have a special trivia and celebrate. Currently there are just some pixelated ones from the first two movies.

ohm
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 08:30

If I was nasty and horrible I would suggest making people redo potions of the avatars (like the poor resolution Potter ones) before they get a special one. The M56 Kolyma Highway wasn't paved with rainbows and lollipops!

ohm
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 08:31

Wait, I just remembered I am nasty and horrid. Make them work to the bone!

trinity
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 14:43

Tanya - oh oh oh! Can I be the one to make new HP avatars? CAN I?! CAN I?!?

trinity
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 14:44 · Edited by: trinity

I LOVE TO WORK TO THE BONE! :'( *hates ohm anyway*

hobbie
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 15:05

Well... do Harry Potter avatars (among other such categories) really have a place in a Lord of the Rings chatroom?

naberrie
# Posted: 14 Mar 2013 19:29

I quite like Susan (5) from Narnia

ohm
# Posted: 15 Mar 2013 10:54

There's only so much Trinity to go around. Take 5, THEN BACK TO WORK!

rpmobsession
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 00:16

I'm not sure if the avatar display system shows what is being saved or just all avatars, but you need to keep a few of the jareth pics from labyrinth. Bowie is too fab to axe. <3

mohdanni
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 02:11

I request Brom (4), Dragon(7), and Hrothgar(1) to be saved from the fires of Mt. Doom

Thanks!

ropo
# Posted: 16 Mar 2013 02:54

Aslan (1) is my favorite, though I rarely log in

aceman_67
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 06:54 · Edited by: aceman_67

Having had a hand in creating some of the avatars, and actually helped run the Final Fantasy days that saw the launch of the the Avatars being removed, I am against their removal entirely...

It just feels like peoples hard work is going to waste.

trinity
# Posted: 21 Mar 2013 03:48

Ray - That is the question. They were fine there for a while, but seeing as there are more LOTR (or Hobbit, specifically) films in the works, we needed to streamline the room. We had 100+ Final Fantasy avatars, and only 4 under the "dwarves" section until the Hobbit came out. MT did, in a very real way, become an avatar "catch all."

Wilma - Gotcha. Moved to the "specials" folder.

Candice - Can you be a bit more specific? Pick a few out and lemme know which ones to move, they all look the same to me

D'Eus - Done, done, done. Special!

Bogart - Done! Specials folder!

Phill - I can understand why this might feel personal. However, as a huge Final Fantasy fan, and as someone who even likes the "Charmed" avatars, I'm sad to see them go as well. But no one's work is going to waste - the avatars will be stored and brought out for special events, holidays, etc. The problem was that MT became a "catch all" for avatars rather than a LOTR chat. This wouldn't be a problem if it were just a generic "fantasy" based room, but with all the work in ENG lately to streamline new rooms, looking at MT's avatars was very overwhelming. With the large imbalance of non LOTR avis in a LOTR based room it made sense to cycle the "extra" avatars for special events and clear room for new avatars pertaining to the upcoming films. However, if there are a few favoriters you'd like me to hang on to for the "specials" in MT, please let me know so I can move them for you.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.040
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0