· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / Promotions
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
ajcardall
# Posted: 1 Nov 2007 13:13

To be hoenst Shane, most rewards require departmental activity, and almost all get awarded to those in departments...

bria
# Posted: 1 Nov 2007 14:17

Quoting: polson
f people are joining departments simply to be promoted, I'd seriously question their contributions.

My experience with those guys is that they'll contribute for a few weeks and then slack off, and eventually get kicked out. Don't worry, I never recommended anyone like that and I doubt anyone else does. I'd be more likely to throw them out than to recommend them.

polson
# Posted: 1 Nov 2007 14:43

Bria...I applaud thee!!

sg8472
# Posted: 1 Nov 2007 17:18

Andrew, some are, but not all. And almost all get awarded are those in departments because most people do join departments when they're eligible to do so, so they may continue up the ranks and contribute to OTF in other, more specific ways. Other than that, I think Svenja said everything else in an earlier post where she expressed a similar view as mine.

But, I think, for the most part, we're all in agreement here. Promotions should not be given out for just coming to chat and being there, and taking advantage of the fact that it's a chatroom. But the criteria for promotions should be a little more flexible, and not be so focused on contributions through a department.

ajcardall
# Posted: 1 Nov 2007 18:24

Agreed, Shane. And I don't advocate giving them out left right and centre to anyone who hangs around for a few month. But definitely make the system more flexible to allow for people who buck the trend to be rewarded *l*

sg8472
# Posted: 1 Nov 2007 18:31

Well, hallelujah! Now, let's lock the thread before we go off on another tangent.

buck_murray
# Posted: 1 Nov 2007 22:18

Yes. lock the thread already. Please

daecrist
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 12:49

I refuse to lock this thread on the grounds that the last thread I locked just resulted in more griping. Stew in the mess you have made! Mwahah!

polson
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 13:16

If we're making stew, I'll bring the turnips and the bay leaves!

majin_fett
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 13:29

*shakes his fist* You'll get griping from us if you don't lock it!

polson
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 13:54

We can gripe about pretty much anything.

buck_murray
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 15:21

We outnumber you Daecrist. And I have annoyed enough people about my problems. Lock the blasted thing.

polson
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 16:36

I have not yet begun to annoy!

sg8472
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 16:44

I care not whether it's locked or remains open. I was just trying to be amusing.

*lol*

ajcardall
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 18:27

Keep it open

darth_balco
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 22:12

Survey Says....*DING* Keep it Open! \o/

buck_murray
# Posted: 2 Nov 2007 22:21

Well then

polson
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 09:35

Wait...but then what will we gripe about?

daecrist
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 10:17

How about that HAL sonuva*****?

bria
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 12:07

You know what I'd propose? A monthly argument. You know, pick a topic and let people argue about. Entirely inconsequential to the actual running of OTF, etc. Because I mean, first we argue about the premature locking of threads, then about promotions, and then when all's been said we argue about locking the thread. If you just decide on a topic (that'd be the first topic: what topic shall we argue about next month?) then we can just argue about that.

Maybe then we won't have to argue about silly things. Or we could, but at least we'd KNOW that they're silly.

I think it's a good idea!

polson
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 12:12

Actually I really like that idea. Let's do it!

buck_murray
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 15:00

We would still find a way to argue about random stupid stuff.

bria
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 17:58

I do that with everyone. Especially with people I care about. As long as you keep in mind that it's random and stupid, and maintain a little distance, thus not taking it to heart - it's all good!

buck_murray
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 20:20

Tang

darth_balco
# Posted: 3 Nov 2007 22:27

You know what we should argue about? Graham Chex! Why don't they make that anymore, it's no fair!!! I LOVED that cereal!

buck_murray
# Posted: 9 Nov 2007 02:16

Nothing can beat CoooOOOkie crisp!

monny
# Posted: 20 Nov 2007 03:36

Quoting: Feeble
There is very little reward for anyone who doesn't fit the promotion criteria. Sure we can get 'awards' but, there's only so many little .gifs you can get before you get fed up with them. Either promotions need to be downplayed, or there needs to be further thought on how people contribute to this place without departments, or it needs to be easier for people to do stuff /for/ departments.

Yeah my sweet Feebs you are so right as always.
(I miss you, ya know )
I think OTF can take a chill pill without losing it's itegrity.

Feeble
# Posted: 21 Nov 2007 00:18

monny
Quoting: monny
(I miss you, ya know )

Missing you too beautiful lady! And the 'good old days'... *sigh*

master_chief
# Posted: 29 Apr 2008 00:22

I think the problem here is dedication and producable, and measurable, results. As for the originator of this thread, in the Navy you get promotions because you can lead, affect change, and produce results... not because you've been in a certain amount of times etc. I agree that if one has been in for a long time and shown consistent results then some measure should be taken to allow flexibility for this person to be awarded a cl increase but only on a case-by-case basis. I think the standard will change and the team infrastructure will cause that to be more evident and the production will be more of a stronger symbol to claim this person as an asset to the community and worthy of that higher position which deems more responsibility.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.046
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0