· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / A few musings of mine.
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
stewie
# Posted: 6 Jun 2008 17:16 · Edited by: stewie

It took me like 3 minutes to down load the client for sl.

well you could replace the room. but "groups" can be assigned owners and officers with the ability to eject people from said group. You can also set other rights to groups.

with "land" if you persue that option you can also ban people from your room.

moderation is not an issue. You have full power over your own groups who is an officer.. who has rights to group stuff and land stuff. It's no different from moderating a chat room.

of course the community could JUST communicate via group while homeless and make the group "Invite" only if they wanted to be that exclusive.

It's pretty easy.

I assure you anything you can do here, you can do there.

Also people have the option to "mute" people and their objects. Actually you are pretty safe from lame lamers if you "know" your tools.

MUTE and SIT are the best anti griefer tools in existance. and the best thing is you don't need to call a senior officer to do that.

but yes its all easy to eject and ban from land and groups if you are assigned the rights.

I dont know why your download is taking so long. It never did for me, and yes its a one off

I'd suggest just starting small and exploring, maybe incorperating the away team idea initially.... then growing from there.

master_chief
# Posted: 6 Jun 2008 21:09

The software takes quite a toll on the system resources. I have used Second Life and I just wanted to let that be known.

daecrist
# Posted: 7 Jun 2008 02:45

We're not moving Outpost10f to Second Life. End of story. We have no way of administering things there, it's not on the Outpost server, and the last thing we want is for the Outpost to become subject to raging furries in a yiffing frenzy and atomic flying dick attacks.

master_chief
# Posted: 7 Jun 2008 13:10

Quoting: daecrist
we want is for the Outpost to become subject to raging furries in a yiffing frenzy and atomic flying dick attacks.

While I agree, I must say that was just f'ing hilarious. I spilt the water I was drinking. I think that there needs to be a thought through, developed, people-focused set of changes. Poll the people here and see what they think would be most helpful. I mean, we toss around a lot of ideas but I don't see a unified poll or set of data to back up what's being suggested.

daecrist
# Posted: 7 Jun 2008 14:13

Quoting: master_chief
I don't see a unified poll or set of data to back up what's being suggested.

We've repeatedly stated what's going on with the changes over the next few months in blogs, forums, chat, and e-mail.

master_chief
# Posted: 7 Jun 2008 14:54

Quoting: daecrist
We've repeatedly stated what's going on with the changes over the next few months in blogs, forums, chat, and e-mail.

I meant the SL thing.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.032
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0