· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / The Outpost Needs You!
daecrist
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 10:30

As you may have noticed we're getting ready to make some pretty broad and sweeping (and some not so broad and not so sweeping) changes to the Outpost to haul it into the world of Web 2.0.

There's just one small problem: we need designers and coders.

At the moment we have a team of people who have been responsible for the day to day running of the OTF server and site, but they're already overworked and might not be up to a complete overhaul if that's what we go for.

So do you have experience in coding, design, or photoshop? If so then reply in this thread and offer your services. I COMMAND IT!

bria
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 10:41

I can design. If you want examples, I designed the Trivia website, the Ent website (minus a few minor tweaks that the lads are responsible for), the Blue Report, the Wizard's HQ, and a few other things. I think I did a CCC Hallowe'en chat top a while ago too...

I can do HTML and CSS as well. I can't code, but I can make things look pretty. Someone else has to make them work.

No promises about delivering quickly though. I have a thesis to write. But I'm here in theory, and if you give me something fun to do it'll probably automatically sort of take precedence.

fat_man
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 12:30

What do we mean by coding? are we talking Internet coding languages like HTML and Pearl or are we talking system development like using C++ or visual basic or my fave at the Moment LPC?

Either way i've got bags of experiance with both =(

But I don't know what looks good at all =\ I can use photoshop mind =)

daecrist
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 13:00

I imagine that we'll be using PHP, Perl, etc. The usual suspects in web development. You'd have to ask Iain to be certain on that though.

korny
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 13:41

Isn't there a team that does these things?

bria
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 14:37

Yeah, but didn't Hal say that they already had enough to do?

aeon
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 14:46

Can't say I'm overworked, nay.

ajcardall
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 14:54

And everyone who wants to help gets to help this way, I guess

polson
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 15:46

Bria + Fats = Bananorama!

sg8472
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 16:00

Oh, I <3 PHP so much... plus, I also have a good bit of experience with CSS, (X)HTML, XML, javascript, some Flash, mySQL, and some other coding languages (some of which cause me great pain though).

I've also got experience with Photoshop.

And I'd like to think I can design.

I'll throw my hat in, but I will be working around college, and a job, and general RL interests. But I should be able to help out.

lzrman
# Posted: 7 Nov 2007 00:12 · Edited by: lzrman

Photoshop
HTML

Security/Bug Flaws (Technical Glitches)

daecrist
# Posted: 7 Nov 2007 07:50

Currently the technical team (read: Iain and Ohm) are overworked. Both are busy with the real world etc.

Quoting: daecrist
At the moment we have a team of people who have been responsible for the day to day running of the OTF server and site, but they're already overworked and might not be up to a complete overhaul if that's what we go for.

I was talking about the coding side of things.

Quoting: korny
Isn't there a team that does these things?

This is just a feeler topic to see if there is anyone out there with abilities that we could use. We have a team, yes. The techies are a bit overworked though. The designers are mainly Aeon's responsibility, and I haven't had a chance to talk to her since we have varied schedules. If she wants to do everything herself then that's up to her, though some help would probably be a good thing.

coranajade
# Posted: 8 Feb 2008 08:57

I would if I knew how to do such things

daecrist
# Posted: 8 Feb 2008 09:06

*gets out his trusty shotgun and delivers a blow to the head, effectively disabling the zombie topic*

darth_balco
# Posted: 9 Feb 2008 21:18

*the Nemesis Zombie Topic wanders around in the background*

SSSSTTTTAAAAAARRRRRSSSSS!

majin_fett
# Posted: 9 Feb 2008 21:22

Zombies?

*gets out his trust cricket bat*

darth_balco
# Posted: 9 Feb 2008 21:24

Holy Level 5 Batman, we better help them!

Batman - Right you are, let's go!

*Gets out the pistol that uses up 15,000 rounds to kill a zombie...and Will Smith*

kaela_donos
# Posted: 10 Feb 2008 01:43

I can photoshop, and make banners and that kind of thing! I can't code but i have one mean font list!

shay
# Posted: 6 May 2008 13:33

PHP and perl are my love children.

I'm happy to help if I can.

babel
# Posted: 30 Jun 2008 07:36

I posted in the EC section but will post here as well to say I am offering my services. I don't have great technicla skills but I'm a good organiser and would like to assist with the task of reinventing the chatrooms vis a vis different themes etc and would also like to help with efforts to draw new members in.

korny
# Posted: 1 Jul 2008 05:07

Don't think you can now, darlin'

babel
# Posted: 1 Jul 2008 05:29 · Edited by: babel

A 'no' would have sufficed.

bilbo
# Posted: 28 Sep 2008 09:03

If you need any help just email me.

ayanna
# Posted: 28 Sep 2008 15:33

I have Experieence in HTML and Photoshop (have to learn it for my desktop publishing / graphic design degree)

I'll be learning Illustrator to this month

lzrman
# Posted: 29 Sep 2008 02:31

this thread is almost a year old, Hal what is happening?

polson
# Posted: 1 Oct 2008 22:16

At this time, now that the chat consolidation has gone online, InDev is now working on the formatting for the chat logins so work for various chattops and genre's. Also in the works is the overhaul of the team structure so that it can be adjusted on the homepage, and of course the homepage itself.

Anyone still looking to help out in these ares can of course contact me or Hobbie, or if you're feeling ambitious you can contact Ohm directly.

david1
# Posted: 26 May 2010 17:52 · Edited by: david1

Re-ignites an old topic and pokes.

At this time, now that the chat consolidation has gone online, InDev is now working on the formatting for the chat logins so work for various chattops and genre's. Also in the works is the overhaul of the team structure so that it can be adjusted on the homepage, and of course the homepage itself.

Anyone still looking to help out in these ares can of course contact me or Hobbie, or if you're feeling ambitious you can contact Ohm directly.

I know its an old old thread, a few years infact.
However ive nearly enough completed coding for this project under r&d mode... i.e. chat login consolidation, wasnt aware indev where working on it...allthough looking at the age of this thread *coughs*.

Im just awaiting on designs now Anyone good with photoshop?

lzrman
# Posted: 27 May 2010 02:15

Anyone ?!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.042
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0