· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / Grand Send Off Ideas
kaela_donos
# Posted: 10 Feb 2008 01:34

Since this whole thing is designed to bring people in...

We need to have grand send off ideas!

A place to post ideas for how to send off the old! No mater how you feel about the more dramatic changes, (or as I like to call it, changes that are dramastically) if something has to go, it deserves to go with a bang!

kaela_donos
# Posted: 10 Feb 2008 01:42

I still think, we should still have two or three chat rooms, and you can all see my argument about simming and trivia over in the other fourm(we don't need 28,)

But
no matter what else, we should get rid of D'D and R

I say we get rid of them before we make any other changes, one at a time with a GRAND party!

We ask Trivia to do Romulan Trivia, And then klingonTrivia

Maybe have Romulan smilys and klingon smilys for a week or two (that shouldn’t be that hard?)

And a simm, and well, I don’t know, just a whole lot of other things

then at the end, we delete them! (before V3) but with a GRANDSEND OFF!

this might not be fesable, but if it is... let do it!

daecrist
# Posted: 10 Feb 2008 09:22

We won't be getting rid of any of that stuff, we'll just be rolling it into one chat room.

soka
# Posted: 10 Feb 2008 13:00 · Edited by: soka

Yes, the chattops stay, but it will only be one room as far as I understood it.

I agree there should still be 2 rooms remaining, even if they both have all chattops.

Sometimes people just want a bit of privacy (IMs malfunctioning or whatever), and with just one room you have no choice to do so.

And with the Departments getting released, the Departmental offices most likely will be too. We used to do Trainings for new Trivia-Minions in there, and the ISA did in their room - So there is my point, one additional room is a must in my opinion, maybe with the option of locking it for the cam and sweeping - Like the Admiral's office, but with lowered requirements ... say, CL3 as that is the requirement for application to departmen.. teams?

Soka

osiris
# Posted: 10 Feb 2008 13:15

I can't fathom why people are so against only having one chat. and I don't for a second believe privacy is the reason. if you want privacy. go to MSN, or ICQ. or AIM, or Email. I haven't seen MSN go down for nearly a year and a half. I also haven't seen anyone other than two people step into another chat room other than the office for privacy for a long time. If you want to keep another chat room. keep the office. It's not like it's been over used or abused. I doubt people will suddenly gravitate towards it, to avoid other chatters. who can't access it, like I think people would if you made a second chat that was only Cl3+.

soka
# Posted: 10 Feb 2008 13:54 · Edited by: soka

In my opinion or experience I thought about using the Admiral's office some times, only to realize that the person I wanted to talk to was below CL5.

And yes, I have seen msn go down not too long ago, a week or two ago it didn't connect half the afternoon. It often is limited to certain areas, not everyone has problems at the same time.

Or take Majin and me ... how often have we talked in the ENT-office in the last half year, because he simply doesn't have msn-access at work and when he's at home I'm not online/sleeping?
We can hardly discuss internal Trivia-stuff in the open chat, and you can't put everything into emails too. Right, we are both high enough we could have used the Admiral's office.

But what about trainings? We make it a requirement for applicants to be CL5+? Hardly the point of it.

Oh yes, I forgot ... in that case we would have to make the Trivia Host and Assistant-accounts CL5 too as that is included in the training too.

polson
# Posted: 11 Feb 2008 20:03

It's always possible to have your trainee's access rights adjusted for a period of time. Most of the times I ever used the office, I was a CL4.

kaela_donos
# Posted: 26 Feb 2008 14:49 · Edited by: kaela_donos

I didn't exspect having a party would get such a negative responce... I didn't exspect people to go with my exsact idea, but maybe sugest a new better one (or maybe a sillyer one) ... i didn't exspect this.

kittykat
# Posted: 26 Feb 2008 15:01 · Edited by: kittykat

Where did the party idea get a negative response?

I suspect that people aren't entirely sure what's happening.

majin_fett
# Posted: 26 Feb 2008 15:55

I know that I'm not entirely sure what's happening.

polson
# Posted: 26 Feb 2008 18:49 · Edited by: polson

Kaela, I think folks are just responding to your second post instead of your first post.

My thoughts on the first post...I think a party is a cool idea, maybe a whole day schedual with events like OTF trivia, speeches for each room, a "remember when" gab session, a schedualed food fight, that kind of thing. Of course that would require a fair bit of organization - someone would likely have to volunteer to spearhead it seeing how at the moment the OZD, Wizards and Senate are disbanded. That might be the biggest obsticale, finding someone to form a temporary team to deal with the chatroom send off, simply due to the timing and changes.

kaela_donos
# Posted: 27 Feb 2008 01:21

Well, that could be done if this idea goes forth, start a temp team called something like, "tare down this outpost" i don't know..

But we must have a party... i would orgnize it but i get too .. i would be happy to be in a group to do it though. I don't know how much time i will have but, you can always make time for friends!

I wish things had been left intact while new ideas were being conceived, developed, talking about, organized and implented instead of lets disband them and then organize things. I think things would have gone and would go allot more smoothly. a orgnize and disband as we go would have been better.

majin_fett
# Posted: 27 Feb 2008 01:34

But.... they have been left intact while new ideas were be conceived, developed, talked about, etc. Now that stage is done and it's the implementation stage...

polson
# Posted: 27 Feb 2008 04:25

*nods* He has a point. The talking and developmental stage has passed. Things are happening now, but that takes time and patience on everybody's part. And there's nothing saying we can't have a party once the chatrooms are merged to celebrate the old and christin the new.

jamesqsoul
# Posted: 5 Mar 2008 06:08

seems to be a lack of updates on the Implementation Stage.

We had the whole This is what we want to do give us your comments (and alot of comments shot down) stage.

This was well documented but it seems to me (from a general chatters view) that nothing is been done now.

Obviosuly behind the scenes things will be happening, but if you don't know you presume it's not.

I mean what 'teams' are been approved.

Whats happening now, timescale etc etc ect

polson
# Posted: 5 Mar 2008 21:33

Well, ISA still lives. I only know that because I'm on a list, a list I can't get email from. And the Blue Report still lives and I only k now that because I'm on a list, another list from which I don't get email.

majin_fett
# Posted: 6 Mar 2008 01:05

Trivia has been eliminated. Sorry folks. It's just not popular enough.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.013
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0