· Outpost 10F · Forums · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / Measurable Results and Proposals for Change
master_chief
# Posted: 12 May 2008 17:51

Let's face it, change is tough. All of us have a place here whether we realize it or not. Whether it's sitting in the chat mopping up the floors or working on designing the next OTF v3, or writing news and fun aritcles for enjoyment. Each of us spends time on something we love doing. Serious, thought through, and determined effort toward accomplishing positive results is what's needed. Yes, this place is supposed to be fun and yes, it's supposed to be silly in some areas... but that is not the context of this thread or its premise. Whine about ranks, position, or opportunity but they are there to be achieved as well as hands are ready to be grabbed in response to the need for change and, as community members at whatever level, it's our responsibility... if we choose to accept it, to make a difference and help this process go forward effectively. People who are sitting here complaining, offer a solution, offer to help, and roll up your sleeves and make the community better. Take initiative and be a self-starter. This thread is about the mature suggestions for developing OTF. Thanks for supporting!

bria
# Posted: 12 May 2008 19:07

Not to put a damper on this, but haven't we, like, done that already?

master_chief
# Posted: 12 May 2008 19:14

I appreciate your response and from what I've been hearing the threads are turning into a mess of silly, incoherent, and nonrelated responses so I was starting a thread which is dedicated to serious responses to the change oriented road OTF is on.

hobbie
# Posted: 12 May 2008 21:58

I'm curious. You've noticed that all the previous threads on the subject have drifted off topic, what makes you think that using the same strategy will yield different results this time?

master_chief
# Posted: 12 May 2008 22:29 · Edited by: master_chief

Quoting: hobbie
what makes you think that using the same strategy will yield different results this time?

If I knew how to incorporate a poll, I'd do it that way.

master_chief
# Posted: 12 May 2008 22:31 · Edited by: master_chief

Each opinion is valuable here at OTF... so what's yours? Please keep the thread relevant to the topic at hand: Outpost v3 ideas and suggestions for positive change.

leia1
# Posted: 12 May 2008 23:09

here we go!

Ray is to blame for everything....and if he didn't do it then Iain did

so in essence they make topics go off.....

also...i agree with Bria Bria and Ray.....this is pretty much a pointless effort to disuade thread hijackers such as myself

majin_fett
# Posted: 12 May 2008 23:23

Fighting thread-hijackers is a losing battle. I learned that the hard way. You're giving them more chances to annoy you by starting a thread like this.

master_chief
# Posted: 12 May 2008 23:47

Yah, so I guess I'm just going to stop... I've been trying to help, contribute, and some people just don't give a rat's tail... so I guess that's just the way it is.

cellucci2
# Posted: 13 May 2008 00:36

When you were young and your heart was an open book
You used to say live and let live
(you know you did, you know you did you know you did)
But in this ever changing world in which we live in
Makes you give in and cry
Say live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let die

What does it matter to ya
When you got a job to do
You gotta do it well
You gotta give the other fellow hell

When you were young and your heart was an open book
You used to say live and let live
(you know you did, you know you did you know you did)
But in this ever changing world in which we live in

master_chief
# Posted: 13 May 2008 01:11 · Edited by: master_chief

Quoting: cellucci2

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”-Herm Albright

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”- Albert Einstein

By the way, poster, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post your lovely lyrics and I hope they serve you well. Have a blessed day!

cellucci2
# Posted: 13 May 2008 01:36

Quoting: master_chief
By the way, poster, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post your lovely lyrics and I hope they serve you well. Have a blessed day

Blah blah blah blah

cellucci2
# Posted: 13 May 2008 01:39

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

When I was young, I fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will we have rainbows, day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said.

Que Sera, Sera,
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

Now I have children of my own
They ask their mother, what will I be
Will I be handsome, will I be rich
I tell them tenderly.

Que Sera, Sera,
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

I love this crap.

leia1
# Posted: 13 May 2008 01:55

*giggles hysterically* i LOVE it!!!

polson
# Posted: 13 May 2008 02:53

I worked with a guy who would sing this. When you're stalking shelves at 1am and a tall skinny guy with a can of coke in his hand walks by singing, "When I was just a little girl..." it's simply impossible to ever take him seriously again.

'course...the guys used to set their watches by me...apparently I start singing at 2am.

polson
# Posted: 13 May 2008 02:54

Ah, crap! I had resolved not to post in this thread! I've betrayed my principles.

majin_fett
# Posted: 13 May 2008 03:14

"Live and Let Die" is such an awesome song, both the Wings version and the Guns N' Roses version.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0