· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / Ranks and Privilages
david1
# Posted: 3 Jun 2008 15:23

Sorry if this is duplicating the other thread, but reading through the other thread I get the impression thats more to do with the ranks, and this thread is more to do with community and the privilages which come with the ranks.... but you know best so Just move this if its in the way....

Anyho to buisness.

Currently at OTF people earn privilages by getting to certain ranks, by working hard, however that doesnt reward the participants, and the community, and unless they have a particular talent or skill, they will pretty much be branded a CL4 for life, without any chance of gaining access to the toys they see thrown around the room so often. To many this puts off people, and takes some if not a lot of the life out of the chatroom and he website as a whole...

So my proposal...
www.xgermz.co.uk/otf

I propose a 2 tier structure to privilages, for instance have the current "CL Ranks" for people who activly work for the website, as we currently do, however add a second system to help reward the participants of the website.

i.e. adding "Achievements" for people to attain, as shown in the link
www.xgermz.co.uk/otf
these would be fixed things people could aim for to gain while participating in the community/website and after accumulating a certain amount of the achievements they would then be able to unlock things such as HTML, Custom AV's, Custom I.P.s etc.

Ive only put a small selection on the link, however there are 100's of achievements that could be proposed for people to aim for to unlock certain privilages, therfore you can make it as easy or as hard to gain certain toys (e.g. 10,000 trivia points or 10,000 chat hours lol).

What'ya'll think?

XZ

polson
# Posted: 3 Jun 2008 22:51

I've been chatting for ten years and I don't think I've accumulated that many chat hours. Granted, I didn't log in with my cc for about five years, but still.

And I take issue with the "friend" accumulation one...big time. I think the application is lame and I refuse to add anybody.

I don't know if I really agree at all with the suggested "measurements" and "markers" but I think the idea could be played with.

char
# Posted: 4 Jun 2008 01:25

I think the idea has marit, but needs fine turning... like me... i've been here for years and can hardly ever make triva's i've maybe had like 20 points over the years total...

but i can chat often and be on the forms almost daily, but the idea again has marit

daecrist
# Posted: 4 Jun 2008 01:47 · Edited by: daecrist

The problem with the ranks isn't with cliques or anything like that. It's simply that people aren't making recommendations anymore. We had four people eligible for promotions this month get recommendations. People would get promoted if they were recommended and spent time in the chat.

At this point I'd be against making the ranks more complicated rather than less, especially since we have a laundry list of changes that need to be implemented and not many people to do it.

polson
# Posted: 4 Jun 2008 02:12

I didn't make any recommendations because I didn't have anything to say about the people in question. The list was pretty small to begin with.

david1
# Posted: 4 Jun 2008 07:12

I have to agree with polson,

Its hard for people to put people up to recommendations when you've seen no output from them, and its even harder for people when they dont even know who the person is!

People would get promoted if they were recommended and spent time in the chat

Its all good saying that, however whats drawing people that chat? as currently, the website's only "visable" use is the chatroom, and people have skype, irc, mirc, msn etc for that.

anyway...

At this point I'd be against making the ranks more complicated rather than less

I can understand that, however I wasnt meaning to imply changing the current rank system at all, I was proposing a second "achievement" system which rewards users for participating in the community with special privilages (which you could make as easy or as hard as you wanted).

I've been chatting for ten years and I don't think I've accumulated that many chat hours. Granted, I didn't log in with my cc for about five years, but still.

And I take issue with the "friend" accumulation one...big time. I think the application is lame and I refuse to add anybody.

I don't know if I really agree at all with the suggested "measurements" and "markers" but I think the idea could be played with.

Theyre only ideas, lol, and there are literally no limit to what "achievemnts" for certain things you could add, they where just thrown in there as examples (if b it extreme examples! lol)

fat_man
# Posted: 4 Jun 2008 12:40

no-one is even close to 10,000 hours worth of chat time though =(

well ok there is 1 one kinda close but still.

david1
# Posted: 4 Jun 2008 16:55

emphasises:- they where just examples, of what could be lol.

There could be more realistic ones such as

50 hours
100 hours
500 hours
1000 hours

etc

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.018
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0