· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / Chat Tops
polson
# Posted: 10 Dec 2008 06:58

Hey! I received exactly 1 chat top submission, from someone who doesn't even chat here anymore.

Was it just that people never got around to it or that nobody cares if we have alternative chat tops for you? Or lack of understanding how to make a chat top?

What chat tops would you like to see created?

If we had a chat top team put together to specifically create them, who would be intersted in joining or leading that team?

rpmobsession
# Posted: 10 Dec 2008 07:49

Personally. I just don't care that much. The old stuff is fine with me.

polson
# Posted: 10 Dec 2008 07:51

Noted!

shakeycat
# Posted: 10 Dec 2008 17:01

It's a lot of work.

aeon
# Posted: 10 Dec 2008 19:25

I used to do some chat tops when I was still involved with OTF and I know for a fact that it's a lot of work. You don't only have to think about an image or so, you also have to think about slicing it into the right proportions and all that... so it IS a lot of work. Maybe that kept people away from it.

Well, I never really knew about this contest you're talking about, but if you need a helping hand or so - I know one or two tricks...

polson
# Posted: 10 Dec 2008 21:02

Aeon I advertized it three times on the updates board.

I also said it was not necessary for people to slice the buttons.

bria
# Posted: 10 Dec 2008 23:33

I would and all, in fact I still have a pretty-much-almost-finished chattop from my Senate days lying around my computer. But, you know, college. I can send you what I have?

polson
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 06:11

Bria, certainly.

aeon
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 16:23

Polson, I don't really check the updates board on a regular basis, because there's almost nothing on there except for Trivia notifications. Plus, I wasn't really around lately.

But maybe no one sent anything in because they like it the way it is? I know I can't speak for others, but I would find it strange to have a new chat top there. OTF has gone through lots of changes over the last year, so let's keep at least some things the way they are.

demonvamp
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 16:35

I don't know the first thing about making a chat top. Maybe if there was an in depth tutorial for folks like me...

polson
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 20:19

Hey that's a good idea...

polson
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 20:20

Aeon, I weep that you do not check the updates! Oh well.

We're not going to replace chat tops...we're going to open it up so you can have more variety on top of the existing ones. At least that's the hope.

soka
# Posted: 12 Dec 2008 15:33

I actually made 2 or 3 but RL got hectic and computer broke down and a couple other things so I never got around to really finish them to be happy with them. And then it was too late, the deadline over.
If you want I can send over what I have and you then decide if I should put in the effort to finish them off or they are no good anyway lol

PS: Don't worry about only 1 submission for chattops ... I only had 1 too, and that was simply making an avatar - a lot less complicated .. choose a picture, shrink it down and slice out a 45*55 part of it.
People just are too lazy I believe.

polson
# Posted: 12 Dec 2008 21:01

Yes! Chat top submissions are still allowed!!

aeon
# Posted: 13 Dec 2008 10:21

Polson, I shall better myself in the future and read the updates board. Especially your entries. <3

And, oh... an additional chat top is cool, thought it should replace the others. Well, in that case I might as well submit one too.

babel
# Posted: 15 Feb 2009 19:41

We need a tartan chat top. With badgers.

dierna
# Posted: 16 Feb 2009 00:16

Quoting: babel
We need a tartan chat top. With badgers.

Uh... Badgers?

polson
# Posted: 19 Feb 2009 00:05

I forgot about the badgers...

babel
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 23:31

Quoting: polson
I forgot about the badgers...

How COULD you?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.019
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0