· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / Hello
tim_farris
# Posted: 28 May 2010 06:38

I would like to know if you guys would like to do some advertisement exchange. I will put OTF banners on my simm and talk to the FCO and see if we can put a OTF banner on the fleet main page. But I WILL put one on the Madrids site as long as you guys send me one and post a few links to the Madrid. Or let me post them in here from time to time.

Thank you Tim,

david1
# Posted: 28 May 2010 11:28 · Edited by: david1

Hmmm

Thought id state right up top im in no power or position to okay such a thing.

However I am ent am, and even though we've let simming go at otf since there isnt a big interest in it atm. I have an idea to throw at you, and this is only passing conversation for now, nothing in any which way official capacity.

You want to advertize at otf, so that would imply using the updates board to show off simms, and to use the in chat editor to have message thrown in the chat every so often.

What type of advertizing would otf get in return on your side? how many "hits" does your website get? how many active people does it have?

You see in Ent ive been toying with an idea for simming at the website, but its alittle controvercial...

However ill shove it here

Allowing "vetted" simming ships to dock with the website.
with some conditions like...
> they use otf as their base of communication, informing of new events etc
> they use otf forums for in depth discussing of anything under the sun

> potential to use otf rank structure...?

however when "in sim" theyre undocked from the website and can take their time until the "mission" is complete.

However for all this to work, would be a significantly massive undertaking.

Would possibly requrie the creation of a "Section 13", i.e. ISA for on site stuff and section 13 for on ship stuff to monitor. Also each ship would have to abide by the otf PD's (allthough theyre quite standard and really wouldnt interfere with the runing on the "ships").

Saying all this Executive would prob say No to this idea

tim_farris
# Posted: 31 May 2010 20:12

Well if you do not mind I think i could help otf's simming group. mind putting me on a trial basis. I could try getting the simm dept. to take off again.

ajcardall
# Posted: 31 May 2010 20:29

Hey Tim,

As the Entertainment Department overlord (which Simming falls under), feel free to get in touch with myself about any ideas that you may have for Simming. We've been scratching our heads trying to get the thing sorted, to have some fresh input would be welcome!

You can email me at andrew.cardall@gmail.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

If you are very keen, I will bring you into the department and assign you onto the Simming group to help out. As it stands, it is exceptionally quiet on that front and I'm reassessing the whole thing.

Cheers!

AJ

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.031
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0