· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / App store
tim_farris
# Posted: 6 Jun 2010 08:42

You guys should look into getting an iPod/pad/phone app. Alot of the time I log in using my iPod touch. I think it would be really cool if we got an app. After all there supposed to be an app for that lol.

david1
# Posted: 6 Jun 2010 11:01

Theres a catch, no one will stump up the inicital fee for getting an iphone app on the app store to distribute for free. Unless you know someone with a developer account? =).

As ive allready looked at this, we we are *coughs* targeting the android in some respects

tim_farris
# Posted: 6 Jun 2010 11:30

huh?

david1
# Posted: 6 Jun 2010 11:55

Right lemme explain.

Its free to use the iphone developer software to create iphone apps (for schools or private personal use)

To post the app on the app store you need to buy a developer account.
Even if your giving the app away for free.

OTF Wont do that, and as such, we cant make an app for the app store, unless you know someone with an developer account.

david1
# Posted: 6 Jun 2010 11:55

what we are doing is working around this =) without the use of an app though via a mobile website. =).

tim_farris
# Posted: 6 Jun 2010 12:12

how do you get a developer account or pay for one?

david1
# Posted: 6 Jun 2010 18:07

they cost a lot and i dont think otf would pay for one, and i wouldnt advize anyone paying for one just to develop this free apllication either. I think a mobile website would suffice for the iphone

lzrman
# Posted: 6 Jun 2010 19:15

Which could be looked in to ! Mobile OTF =)!

tim_farris
# Posted: 7 Jun 2010 06:51

I can access it via iPod easily it just gets difficult to navigate lol.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.028
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0