· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / What do YOU want to see at OTF?
<< . 1 . 2 .
naberrie
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 16:45

There used to be some limited HTML lessons for new trivia members
(which I'm giving now where neccesary, but I only have rudimentary knowledge myself).

shakeycat
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 17:59 · Edited by: shakeycat

Seriously, you guys. Firefly? Battlestar? Farscape? Doctor Who is the only one that even comes close. If we want new traffic, Game of Thrones. Make it its own room. It can be that big.

I'm sure the project is huge. I'm willing to help where I can.

Winter is coming. Would it be possible to get it out before then?

shakeycat
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 18:18

...and by Winter I mean March 31, 2013. I'm serious.

ajcardall
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 19:37

I agree with Tanya.

However, I'd make one slight alteration. Instead of its own room (I think the move away from divisions in the rooms was a good idea), have its own theme (chat top, armoury functions... but could there be ranks? Never seen it myself )

david1
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 19:50

AJ is not allowed to comment on this thread until he's seen the awesomness that is Game of Thrones

hobbie
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 20:12

But going with older shows holds the distinct advantage of drawing older crowds.

shakeycat
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 20:36 · Edited by: shakeycat

Ranks. Ranks would likely be medieval-esque, from Peasant to King, modified slightly for each affiliation. Affiliations would likely be by house, plus Wildlings, Free Cities, and so on. We'd have to cap it at major ones though, sorry House Bolton.

And it is a seriously awesome series. It's like a whole new breed of dark, gritty fantasy.

Older crowds, yes, but teenagers read these books too.

ajcardall
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 22:29

So, we can always use the LotR Human rank sent and tweak them slightly? That'll make life easy

ice
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 22:47

Just throwing this out there... Red Dwarf

After all everyone awesome loves red dwarf!

naberrie
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 16:41

White walker as a rank woohoo

naberrie
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 16:41

Oh and Dragon

mohdanni
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 20:33

With all the hype that goes along with the 3 new Hobbit movies, it should be easy to accomodate what can only be another enormous blockbuster trilogy:

Chat-top
updated ranks

And it's natural home would be Minas Tirith.

naberrie
# Posted: 31 Aug 2012 19:35

I agrees.

quincyw
# Posted: 1 Sep 2012 09:07

Hang on, we're resurrecting our old third chat room? Minas Tirith never really took off, which is why we merged it back into the main chat.

And aren't we also forgetting Harry Potter?

naberrie
# Posted: 1 Sep 2012 20:52

HP sucks.

shakeycat
# Posted: 2 Sep 2012 07:20

Harry Potter was long discussed. There are a few Harry Potter avatars in Minas Tirith. I don't think, even with Pottermore, that there is enough incentive. Plus, you know, Deckleswood.

If you have an interest, make some updated Harry Potter avatars. We only have them going up through the 4th movie it looks like. And only one Ron. Poor Won-won.

quincyw
# Posted: 2 Sep 2012 09:30

Deckleswood. Been there, done that. (vomits in mouth)

The thing we really have to remember is, we're trying to revitalise this place and bring in fresh, new people. And statistically, of the whole of 10F, we can currently name those that are ready, willing and able to make a genuine contribution and I think that's marvellous.

We may only get a much smaller handful of people if we got a Harry Potter chat. But what if just one of those people that join because of an HP chat became the greatest new contributor to the chat? I'm not saying we should devote all our resources to it. Just increasing our options and seeing if it gets anywhere.

Even if we just trial a few "ranks" and avatars in the regular chats...?

And by the way, Battlestar Galactica, I'd vote down. We had a BSG trivia once. I answered (correctly) about 12 of 15 questions. No one else was able to come close with that because the fan base is just not quite there anymore.

By the way shouldn't I get a trivia award title for that as well?

shakeycat
# Posted: 2 Sep 2012 22:40

A title that reads "The Only Person Who Knows Anything About Battlestar Galactica"? I'm sure it can be arranged.

I know what you mean. Cast different nets, catch different fish. I'll start making Twilight avatars.

Is it cheating to make 10 different entrances all to the same chatroom?

quincyw
# Posted: 2 Sep 2012 22:47

Quoting: shakeycat
Is it cheating to make 10 different entrances all to the same chatroom?

Only if we don't have enough content within the chat to back it up a little. Random trivia questions of all topics we cater for, as an example, more areas of the forums...

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.035
Online now: Guests - 10
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0