· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / OTF v3 Ideas / Outpost10F WANTS YOU!
daecrist
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 12:28 · Edited by: daecrist

Do you have a skill that you feel would benefit the Outpost? Do you have the time and dedication to put that skill to work for OTF in an effort to raise our profile around the web and restore the site to its glory days as an online fan hub? If so then respond to this thread with any skills you have and how you think I can put them to use!

Also include any positions that you've held at OTF before, projects you've worked on, or projects that you think warrant a second look. We have a small base of people to draw on right now and I'm having to prioritize like a madman, so we might not get to your project right away. But I am keeping a master wish list of things I'd like to see done with the idea that as we start bringing in more people we'll have more resources to dedicate to other projects.

Please note that we are asking people to dedicate time and effort to reviving OTF and bringing in new chatters. That means a willingness to volunteer at least 5-10 hours of your time a week. Think about whether or not that's too much of a commitment for you as real life always comes before chat life.

A lot of people have been talking about doing more than just chatting at OTF. I'll be honest that the place is in no danger of disappearing just as a chat room right now, but if you're a person who wants to see OTF become something more than a museum of chats as they were in 1998 with a small but dedicated fan base then this is the time to put your effort where your mouth is.

ice
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 12:53

*hand up*

Skillset would be programming primarily. Big long list of languages but primarily php & mysql are my bread & butter.

What can i contribute? Well the programming, about 50gb of server space which is currently spare and time since I have an abundance of it.

Previous roles: Communications (way back when - writing articles) working on a backend for an ecard system etc. More recently was Engineering was put as project lead on Workshops whilst developing V2 (never launched - we really need an api for account verification - just one that outputs success/name/email/rank?) that we can access so doesnt require Iain to get deep on every task. Also most recently the Where Are They Now project (submitted to ec) would in future like to add a section for OTF members etc

naberrie
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 13:01

As I've already done and will continue doing (with help of Deus), I'd like to keep Trivia alive.

'In the future' I'd love to do in-chat trivia and to take minions that can help come up with a good subject or questions, and in the case of in-chat trivia, I could use an assistant/leader.

I used to be in ENT - Trivia - Capella as a minion myself.

I also have some ISA experience.

ajcardall
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 13:01

Hey,

I'll do what I can. It's not as much as before due to my career, but 5/10 hours a week? Yes, I can meet that with ease. However, it may only be email rather than logging in!

What have I done before?

Entertainment SM, Executive, twice led a brief revival, clawed up to CL9... need I go on?

tycho
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 13:24

I'd be up for work as well.

What I've done...
ISA Director, Executive, ISA Intelligence revival, Ent, Design, prolly all of AJ's projects.. =D

deboe
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 13:50

Sign me up:

skills: html, css, javascript, asp.net, c#, VB.net, photoshop

I'm sure I can put these skills to use with any various site maintenance that no doubt needs to be done, as well as volunteer with any project that needs help.

previous projects: Simming Team, ISA Intel

hobbie
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 14:52

As usual, I'll be around to help in whatever capacity I can. Considering the available time I have and my lack of useful technical skills, I'll probably mostly focus on coordinating and/or supervising projects.

Over my past roughly ten years of membership, I have been a part of and eventually in charge of Trivia and Star Wars Sector Command, and I have been a part of the EC since 2005. Over that time, I have taken part and helped create a number of ventures, including the Trivia-Guild joined events, the Blue Report and a number of changes to the CCC.

jd
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 15:15

Most of my tech skills are woefully outdated, so I'd probably be best used for coordinating assets or writing.

Previous projects:....uh...several yearbooks, the Tribune, The Blue Report, I helped Thor with some of the ISA Revival stuff, I've been in Communications, Guilds, Engineering, R&D, Marketing, Entertainment, and the ISA in various leadership/nonleadership/technical roles over the years.

david1
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 20:01 · Edited by: david1

I would defiantly be up to something, and can easily acme date time and resource to working on any well planned project.

And I've been tinkering on and off with part of the v3 project for the last 12 months like a crazy homeless guy....

Skillets:
Skillet would primarily revolve around coding, web design, programming basically. With basic photoshop.

Positions:
Ent Head, Gaming, Trivia, Special Ops, Engineering, Guilds

Projects:
Dossiers
Consolidated login
V3
Special ops
Black nova
And a list of others older which I can't remember

-xgermz

mohdanni
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 20:15

I'd be glad to assist Naberrie in trivia...also any odd jobs that require more time than skill

jakeblues
# Posted: 28 Aug 2012 22:00

I dont really have any deep computer skills...but I'd defintiely assist in anything needed...its the small things that make the big picture complete

c_cardall
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 08:25 · Edited by: c_cardall

Like I said in chat I'll do what I can to help.

And as I mentioned as well I'd be willing to help Naberrie and Deus in getting Trivia Team back up and running again because I was in Trivia years ago so I know how it works.

generalmax
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 09:02

Wow, it's great to see so much enthusiasm - It reminds me of an old saying: "Behold the tortoise, he makes progress only when he sticks his neck out!"

I have only been a member since March this year. However, I have been actively involved in the chat, forums & trivia participant. Sadly, I don't have a extensive IT background, but am willing to offer my full assistance in other areas.

Best wishes,

Max

sarek1
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 19:49 · Edited by: sarek1

I'd also like to bring back Trivia, and I'd even try to revive the photo caption contest here on the forums. Maybe even have a crack at a new version of the Blue Report.

What I've done...ENT (trivia), ISA, and MKT, and wrote a little for the BR.

ajcardall
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 22:49

Caption contest was fun

ajcardall
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 22:49

Shannon says:

"An AJ-themed Trivia!"

shakeycat
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 00:04

Oh right, me.

I can't guarantee time, and no matter what I do I'll have someone underfoot mashing my keyboard. Still, I can buy time when necessary.

I have graphic skills and some artistry. I'm a fastidious editor. I like organizing things. I write HTML.

I ran the Live Simming (Aurora Division) for a year or so. Built the website, back in the style of 2002, and maintained it well. Ran events. Did all the graphics for them. I'm sure I did other things but am most proud of my work at Aurora.

richard_smith
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 01:08

I'm in for whatever you need. I'd like to be involved in bringing back the In Chat Trivia. I was the ATL for Trivia when it was disbanded. I'm also still the Editor for the Blue Report and if I can get some volunteers I'd love to get that back up and running and move on with the reboot plans we had for that.

Past projects:
Trivia ATL / Phoenix DL, Simming TL, Marketing Deputy Director, ISA, Blue Report Editor, Yearbook

daecrist
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 10:53

Right. I'll let you all know where we are right now. I'm working on a big plan, but the overall theme of it is "think big, work small." We have a lot of big ideas that people want to work on but we have a lot of small tweaks that could start bringing people in. So we're going to go for manageable projects that we can do with the limited number of people we have.

I'll keep you posted and should have more for you by the end of the holiday weekend at the latest.

kitty_gg
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 16:46

Willing to help but not great at a whole lot .... I can av make like the wind though lol x

hydralisk
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 22:09

I don't know how much time I can commit, but I would love to help out again, work and life permitting.

I don't have that many skills that apply directly to web based work...though if OTF ever becomes solar powered, or we need to point UV death ray type stuff at things, I'm your guy. =P

I was formerly a Phoenix DL and Trivia TL a long time ago and hosted/assisted a lot of trivia events.

katrina
# Posted: 31 Aug 2012 04:09 · Edited by: katrina

Me. I can write. And I learn fast, tech skills a bit rusty but I'm pretty good with anything.

Oh, yes, I did TF memories. Nostalgia squared. And I was in ISA but that's not terribly useful.

oreana
# Posted: 31 Aug 2012 06:13

I vollunteer in anyway I can.

I draw, write, annoy people well.

I could probably help out with perhaps ST Trivia. I also like Sarek's caption idea.

navi_greenleaf
# Posted: 1 Sep 2012 17:30

Definitely down to help out. When OTF was in its glory days, I wasn't terribly active in departments, buuut...

Frequent chatter, former Gemini DL, avid writer, RL project/production manager (with extensive leadership skills). No coding skills to speak of, but tell me what to do, and I can either do it, learn how to do it, or find someone who can help me do it.

jj
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 22:46

Well I have next to no technical skills, but I can write, edit and proofread. Also great at visioning and short/long term planning. Let me know how I can help!

arlia
# Posted: 10 Sep 2012 20:11

I would offer up all the M&Ms in the world to help bring more traffic and new life into OTF! 5-10 hours a week is nothing! Ask me to moderate flying monkeys on conference in the Bermuda Triangle. That may take more of an effort...

Although lacking programming skills (*envious stares at all of you capable people*), I have a passion for teamwork and bringing people together. I am creative and tend to think outside of the box.

Previous involvement way back when - if I can remember correctly - was with R&D (I think!) working on an episode database and with Communications (having trouble remembering what I did there, but I think MAYBEEE birthdays??).

We need to expand to the various social media avenues to increase awareness. Facebook and Twitter are the most predominant.

Just let me know!

c_cardall
# Posted: 12 Sep 2012 14:35

The holiday weekend has been and gone - what's the story/plan?

ice
# Posted: 24 Sep 2012 18:24

So have a couple of other weekends

zenastynn
# Posted: 26 Sep 2012 05:26

i have some limited html knowledge, but i can give atleast 30 hours a week, could help in other ways as admin sees fit

trekky
# Posted: 2 Feb 2013 04:12

last post was on my FAVORITE DAY!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.032
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0