· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / Star Trek 11 news
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
dierna
# Posted: 24 Jul 2007 16:48

Zachary Quinto (Sylar on "Heroes") has been reportadly cast as Spock in the new Star Trek film.  J.J Abrahms will be officially announcing this at Comic Con. I for one can't picture Sylar as my Spock.... He's nowhere near as hot as Leonard Nimoy. Hrm...maybe tho he'll look cute with Vulcan ears..... :v

http://www.trektoday.com/news/240707_01.shtml
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07204/803854-352.stm

dierna
# Posted: 8 Aug 2007 12:35

Chekov has been cast!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33612

Russian born child actor Anton Yelchin (he's 18 but looks much younger) has been cast as Chekov, joining Zach Quinto (Spock).

Here's what he looks like

aeon
# Posted: 10 Aug 2007 05:57

Seems like I finally get a chance to like Mr. Chekov. *flex*

aeon
# Posted: 10 Aug 2007 05:58 · Edited by: aeon

About time, I daresay.

rob39874
# Posted: 31 Aug 2007 03:33

I know that the guy whomplays Sylar is Spock now but there seems to be rumours that Ewan macgregor is wanting the part as well. I think Macgregor could be a good Kirk. He made a fairly goot Obi-wan in Starwars Ep 1,2 and 3

dierna
# Posted: 1 Sep 2007 00:17

Ewan macgregor's too old.. They're looking for somebody between the ages of 20 and 30 to play Kirk. If he were like 8 years younger perhaps

dierna
# Posted: 18 Sep 2007 13:41

Looks like we have an Uhura! Altho some reports are saying she's in final negotiations, Veriaty and The Hollywood Reporter are both reporting that Zoe Saldana is indeed confirmed as playing Uhura. She is currently filming the new James Cameron movie, Avatar.

Oddly enough she played a Trekkie in a Tom Hanks movie...

http://trekmovie.com/2007/09/17/saldana-is-new-uhu ra/

babel
# Posted: 18 Sep 2007 17:05

If Chekov and Uhura are in it - it's gottra be during the five-year mission, hasn't it? That's the only way these characters can be together in this movie. Wonder if Gary Mitchell will show up?

polson
# Posted: 19 Sep 2007 07:41

Are we carring? Do we care about this now? Didn't Berman already kill Star Trek? Do we have faith that this movie can revive it?

dierna
# Posted: 19 Sep 2007 08:40

Quoting: babel
If Chekov and Uhura are in it - it's gottra be during the five-year mission, hasn't it? That's the only way these characters can be together in this movie.

This is a reboot. The characters are all roughly the same age. Chekov is the youngest cast member at age 19. It's not during the 5 year mission. It's before the 5 year mission. Spock is reminiscing about the old days or something.

babel
# Posted: 19 Sep 2007 11:39 · Edited by: babel

A reboot?

Um.

Not sure how I feel about THAT. We've already had a reboot and it didn't work - namely, Enterprise.

And Kirk took command of the ship on commencement of the five-year mission. He could possibly have had command of the ship beforehand, in drydock, to get her ready for launch. Unless they have ditched the idea of a five-year mission altogether and from what I know there is simply not enough info as yet to make such statements . . .

EDIT: looks like it is a reboot, from in interview I saw with JJ Abrams. Urm. Well, let's see what he comes up with. I remain open-minded.

babel
# Posted: 19 Sep 2007 11:40

Quoting: polson
Are we carring? Do we care about this now? Didn't Berman already kill Star Trek? Do we have faith that this movie can revive it?

I hope[i] it can be revived. I'd like to think that it would take more than one man, especially Berman (with his buddy Braga) to kill Trek.

polson
# Posted: 22 Sep 2007 08:20

Mmm. I'm doubtful. It really seems to me like they've thrown continuity out the window. Don't they know how dang picky we fans are? That we MEMORIZE the facts they are so carelessly tossing out the window and saying "That never REALLY happened...we can write it again..."?

Yeah. I'm a little wary. I liked Nemisis (took thirty watches but now I'm a fan), I thought it was a good way to end the franchise. Shame he's going to cap it off with an afront to Roddenberry.

dierna
# Posted: 9 Oct 2007 20:34

And we have a villian! Eric Bana! Grrr!!! Hulk Smash Kirk!

The villain in the new Star Trek film will be played by an Australian, but not Russell Crowe. Trek's new bad guy will be played by Eric Bana, star of the 2005 Steven Spielberg film Munich . According to StarTrek.com the 38 year-old Aussie will be playing a character called 'Nero,' but no other details have been provided. A source tells TrekMovie.com that Nero is a Romulan. The name fits with Trek's penchant for portraying the Romulan Empire as a futuristic version of ancient Rome.

The new Star Trek will not be Bana's first forray into genre films as he stared in the 2003 Hulk film as the the ultimate guy you do not want to get angry...Bruce Banner. Bana's career spanning thirteen feature films seems to give him plenty of experience to play the role. He has played a stone cold bad guy (Chopper), a Roman (Romulas, My Father) and a time-travller (The Time Traveler's Wife). He won the Australian Film Institute Best Actor award for the title role in Chopper [highly recommended for a rental by TrekMovie.com]. Bana is currently filming The Time Traveler's Wife, but apparently there is no confict with the Trek shoot which starts in a month.

http://trekmovie.com/2007/10/09/eric-bana-to-be-st ar-trek-villain/

korny
# Posted: 9 Oct 2007 21:35

If Bones is in the movie, I'll be perfectly happy.

dierna
# Posted: 10 Oct 2007 05:48

Quoting: korny
f Bones is in the movie, I'll be perfectly happy.

He is... just hasn't been cast yet

dierna
# Posted: 11 Oct 2007 23:34

Aaand we have a Sulu and a Scotty (darnit!! Paul McGillion wasn't picked )

http://trekmovie.com/2007/10/11/simon-pegg-pegged- for-scotty/#more-1103
Variety is reporting that British actor, writer and comedian Simon Pegg has won the role of Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek.

Dierna note: The only things I've seen him in is Doctor Who and Band of Brothers....

According to sources Korean born actor John Cho has been tipped to be the new Hikaru Sulu for the new Star Trek. Cho is probably best known as a comedy actor for his roles in Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle and American Pie.

http://trekmovie.com/2007/10/11/john-cho-is-the-ne w-sulu/

dierna
# Posted: 15 Oct 2007 15:18 · Edited by: dierna

Aaaand Chris Pine has been reportadly cast as Capt Kirk

http://trekmovie.com/2007/10/15/pine-apparently-co nfirmed-for-kirk

Chris Pine is 27 (AAH!! Capt Kirk is 8 months younger than me!! Freaky! ) and is a 3rd generation actor. What's interesting is he's a 2nd Generation TREK actor as his father, Robert Pine, has been on eps of Enterprise and Voyager.

korny
# Posted: 15 Oct 2007 19:35

The fact that Simon Pegg was cast has me giggling with immense glee. Oh, awesome.

dierna
# Posted: 15 Oct 2007 20:36

Chris Pine has now been confirmed as Capt. Kirk. Incidentally after doing some research it seems his father, Robert Pine, has (besides being on Enterprise and Voyager) other trek connections as well. CHIPS (Michael Dorn), The Virginian (Almost the entire TOS cast), and others.

babel
# Posted: 15 Oct 2007 23:29

I have difficulty believeing the Pegg casting rumours.

majin_fett
# Posted: 16 Oct 2007 10:43

The link for this article isn't working, but apparently Karl Urban (Eomer from Lord of the Rings) is being considered for...

Is Korny listening?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooones!

korny
# Posted: 16 Oct 2007 11:38

I saw that about Karl Urban. Quite frankly, I just don't see it.

dierna
# Posted: 16 Oct 2007 14:56

Quoting: majin_fett
The link for this article isn't working

Majin.. Yea...the site was having server issues so they moved to a new server. The links all work now.

Quoting: babel
I have difficulty believeing the Pegg casting rumours.

Well it's not a rumour...it's been confirmed by all the major news sistes.

aeon
# Posted: 17 Oct 2007 14:16

They better cast Gary Sinise to be Bones. Because I said so.

dierna
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 09:56

Sorry Aeon but Karl Urban has just been cast as Bones.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071018/film_nm/startr ek_dc_1

Now...everyone picture Eomer saying "He's dead, Jim!"

korny
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 10:42

Well...that's just disappointing. Karl Urban just doesn't strike me as very Bonesish. Hopefully the movie will change my feeling about that.

majin_fett
# Posted: 18 Oct 2007 22:31

Enterprise, we ride for ROHAN!

dierna
# Posted: 1 Nov 2007 14:45

Michael Giacchino, who is set to compose the score for J.J. Abrams' upcoming Star Trek movie, told SCI FI Wire that he will retain at least the opening theme music from the original series, by Alexander Courage.

"I think that the thing to do would be to hold on to the only thing that does speak—that says Star Trek—universally, which is the [opening theme from the original series]," Giacchino said in an interview while promoting the upcoming release of Ratatouille on DVD, for which he also composed the music.

Giacchino also revealed a few details about the top-secret film's plot and how the theme music fits in. "To me, that fanfare, boom, that says it all right there," he said. "And this film is about everything that came before that. So, yes, I want to keep that. But everything that was done after that, it shouldn't be about that. It needs to be about these characters now and how they met and all of these things. So it's a very kind of specific place and time."

Giacchino has worked with Star Trek director Abrams on the television series Alias and continues to compose music for Abrams' ABC series Lost. He said that his approach to the Star Trek score will be guided by Abrams' vision for the film.

"I love working with J.J., and I know that he'll make it something special, so I have no doubt that there'll be something there that'll inspire me," Giacchino said. "I don't know what it's going to be, so I still have that anticipation about it."

But Giacchino admitted that he is daunted by the prospect of following in the footsteps of such Trek film composers as James Horner and Jerry Goldsmith.

"I grew up listening to all of that great [Trek] music, and that's part of what inspired me to do what I'm doing," Giacchino said. "So, yeah, it's horrifying to think that I've got to go and stand in line with those guys." He added: "You just go in scared. You just hope you do your best. It's one of those things where the film will tell me what to do." Star Trek is scheduled for release on Dec. 25, 2008

dierna
# Posted: 6 Nov 2007 20:18

Casting is now open for extras for Star Trek. They are looking for Vulcans and cadets.

The secret name for the film is apperantly Corporate Headquarters.

Corporate Headquarters
Feature Film: SAG
Info: For the way Cool Sci-Fi Feature Film titled "Corporate Headquarters" we are seeking the following SAG and Non-Union Background Talent:

Currently Seeking:
Thin, regal talent who have BROWN or BLACK hair AND are OK with their eyebrows being shaved from the arch outward to portray a "Vulcan type" eyebrow shape.

In General We Need:
Thin, Athletic, Men and Women, Ages 18-90 - Specific Descriptions of These Types Below:
Especially seeking talent with interesting and unique facial features, such as: long necks, small heads, extremely large heads, wide-set eyes, bug eyes, close-set eyes, large forehead, short upper lip, pronounced cheekbones, over- or undersized ears and/or nose, facial deformities, ultra plain-looking people, ultra perfect-looking people, pure wholesome looks, twins, triplets, emaciated talent, in addition to regally poised and postured talent.

More specifically for Saturday's open call in Burbank, CA they are looking for a few good cadets:

Seeking the following types, ages 18-70, any ethnicity:

Cadets: young, fresh-faced

Military types: marching experience preferred

Talent with interesting and unique facial features such as: long necks, small heads, extremely large heads, wide-set eyes, bug eyes, close-set eyes, large forehead, short upper lip, pronounced cheekbones, over- or undersized ears and/or nose, facial deformities, ultra plain-looking people, ultra perfect-looking people, pure wholesome looks, twins, triplets, emaciated talent, regally poised and postured talent, or other visually unique characteristics

Everyone must be thin, athletic, fit; wardrobe will be form-fitting. All hair lengths on males and females welcome

So basically if you're a circus freak or mutant you can be in the movie....

More info can be found here:
http://headquarterscasting.com/index.php?option=co ntent&task=view&id=91

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.037
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0