· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / Star Trek movie prequel comic
dierna
# Posted: 24 Nov 2008 18:39 · Edited by: dierna

Starting in January IDW Publishing (who has the monopoly on the ST comics these days...read em...they're awesome) will be releasing the first of 4 issues of Star Trek: Countdown. It's a prequel to the film that'll somehow tie everything together. The cover of issue one shows Capt. Picard and Data!!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0811/24/ind ex.htm

Star Trek: Countdown #1 is presented by Abrams and plotted by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. It is written by Mike Johnson and Tim Jones, and features art by David Messina, who also provides covers.

"There was a lot of back and forth about doing this project, how to do it, what it would be about, but what all parties agreed on was that we needed the right story and that it needed to matter," editor Andy Schmidt said. "It had to count both on its own merits and when read in conjunction with the new movie."

"Star Trek: Countdown lays the groundwork for what happens in the movie," said Orci. "It's our way of passing the baton from the Next Generation characters and their movies to the new film."

The other person on the cover is Nero before he got his tattoos apperantly. However Data on the cover is quite confusing since this supposadly takes place after Nemesis where Data is dead....so it's B4 on the cover (unless they figured out how to bring Data back to life. )

matt
# Posted: 4 May 2009 20:30

the prequel comics were awesome i downloaded and read them i was blown away and i am counting down the hours till the movies reliese

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.019
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0