· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / Star Trek/OTF Flyer Contest
richard_smith
# Posted: 17 Apr 2009 00:20

Do you have an artistic side? Maybe a flair for images that can catch the eye? Here is a way for you to use you talents to help OTF! Submit an entry for the Star Trek Flyer Contest. Star Trek is coming out May 8th and people are going to be excited about Star Trek again and we want them to come to our community to talk about it. Thats where the flyer comes in. The winner from the submitted entries will be posted for download on the OTF website and then you can take them to the cinema to advertise the Outpost!

Entries must be submitted by midnight UTC wednesday April 29th to Commander Richard Smith. A winner will be chosen by Sunday May 3rd. So please get creative and lets bring some new blood to OTF.

Flyers must meet the following requirements: Must be your own work, must be able to fit 2 flyers on 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, and must include the Outpost Web Address. Other than that Sky is the Limit!

Thanks all,
CL6 Richard Smith

lzrman
# Posted: 22 Apr 2009 05:13 · Edited by: lzrman

So you are saying the same thing pasted on 4.25 x 5.5 ? with a line down the middle ?

Perhaps people could throw ideas around for what they would want on the flyer?

A Community of Trekkies........
A place to be..........

Outpost10F.com

Colors?
Pictures?

lzrman
# Posted: 22 Apr 2009 05:17 · Edited by: lzrman

Richard, I had Gabriel in the chat think about business card designs. A more personal approach when meeting someone by giving them a card with the outpost url and stuff.

Personally, I can do up a business card better then a full blown out flyer.

richard_smith
# Posted: 22 Apr 2009 17:15

Quoting: lzrman
So you are saying the same thing pasted on 4.25 x 5.5 ? with a line down the middle ?

Yeah pretty much.

Perhaps people could throw ideas around for what they would want on the flyer?

You're supposed to make it and submit to to me. You can put whatever you like on it.

richard_smith
# Posted: 22 Apr 2009 17:16

Richard, I had Gabriel in the chat think about business card designs. A more personal approach when meeting someone by giving them a card with the outpost url and stuff.

Personally, I can do up a business card better then a full blown out flyer.

I am will to entertain any alternatives you come up with. By all means go for it

richard_smith
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 12:09

Only a few days left, so get those entries in

jamesgilfoyle
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 14:04 · Edited by: jamesgilfoyle

Does anybody have any Outpost 10f graphics on hand? Maybe the actual "outpost" graphic? Would really help!

I'm going to be making a few different versions of the same card with the title type thing of:
EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NEW

With the Tagline being:
OUTPOST10F.COM
- THE STAR TREK CHAT COMMUNITY

I intend on creating say 6 or so different versions with different images on each card - and in perhaps a few different sizes. Thinking of trying to target different types of fan with each image sort of thing

Going to have a little description sort of thing on the back too; not sure what to put there though... something short, catchy and to the point though

shakeycat
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 16:26

Yeah, I drew my own vector and it was bad ...

jamesgilfoyle
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 17:02

Heres some of my ideas:

Size 1 = 7x4 "
Size 2 = 8.75x5 "

Version 1 (Size 1 - Front):
Version 1 Image
Size 2

Version 2 (Size 1 - Front):
Version 2 Image
Size 2

Version 3 (Size 1 - Front):
Version 3 Image
Size 2

Version 4 (Size 1 - Front):
Version 4 Image
Size 2

Back (Size 1):
Back Image
Size 2

What do you guys think?

freeman
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 17:17

can someone send me the vectorised logo of OTF?

richard_smith
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 19:01

Please remember all entries are to be sent to me via email at phoenixtriviarichard@gmail.com.

Thanks

Richard

iain
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 19:24 · Edited by: iain

Quoting: jamesgilfoyl
Does anybody have any Outpost 10f graphics on hand? Maybe the actual "outpost" graphic? Would really help!

Here's the best available (.psd format): http://outpost10f.com/misc/v2-logo_highres.psd

Edit: Also possibly useful, after some more trawling... http://outpost10f.com/misc/otf_masked.psd

Good luck to all

lzrman
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 23:32

Quoting: jamesgilfoyl
Version 1 Image

Thats hot!

jamesgilfoyle
# Posted: 28 Apr 2009 13:48

Thats hot!

haha my banner or the new Kirk?

lzrman
# Posted: 28 Apr 2009 18:28

Banner

skevington
# Posted: 28 Apr 2009 22:15

James, all of those look pretty damn good. I am glad I am not judging the contest =p

Regards,
Dmitri

richard_smith
# Posted: 30 Apr 2009 18:34 · Edited by: richard_smith

The contest has concluded and a winner will be announced soon. Thanks everyone for your participation.

jamesgilfoyle
# Posted: 3 May 2009 11:28

The movie is released in two days... is a decision near to being made?

Just thinking about the notice people might need in order to print off a bunch of these and get ready to give them out at a cinema. Would be good if we could all use the same "winning" flyer... otherwise we might miss out on the opportunity?

richard_smith
# Posted: 3 May 2009 13:00

A winner is now posted on the updates board. You can download the winning entry there.

jamesgilfoyle
# Posted: 3 May 2009 17:55

Oo nice job Tanya! Congrats

shakeycat
# Posted: 3 May 2009 18:52

Thank you don't tell my boss!

shoes
# Posted: 3 May 2009 20:24

Oh, looks like I missed this memo. A creative advertising brief too. Durnit.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.037
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0