· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / Star Trek XI - Nothing Left to Write?
lzrman
# Posted: 20 Apr 2009 22:10

What is your take on this? It is said that writers don't have anything Trek to write.

Your comments?

skevington
# Posted: 20 Apr 2009 23:34

I haven't seen the movie yet. I suppose that remains to be seen.

dierna
# Posted: 21 Apr 2009 00:49

Nothing left to write??? WTF? I read that they were gearing up for the sequel already

babel
# Posted: 21 Apr 2009 17:47

Absolute twaddle. I could write a lot about the TOS characters, that ship and crew . . . I could find a thousand different new angles to bring out. And if I can do it I'm sure the pros can too. Of course I'm better than a lot of pros but that's by the by

skevington
# Posted: 23 Apr 2009 01:18

According to the tv (which is right of course) Hollywood is preferring to go with tried and test products rather than new and original ideas... so maybe we will be seeing some more trek after this.

houseofmarto
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 01:04

can you imagine the feedback these losers would have had if they would adress the fans about things to write about? The reason we loved this whole Star Trek "La cosa Nostra" is because we think outside the box....we HAVE imaginations....we can see humanity in a better way. not to mention so many of us work hard at thankless jobs (the few that are employed today) that we get away to a better place when we watch these stories. It provides us with a 1 hour vacation to a fantasy that we wish we could experience. Ill tell ya what ....here's one of my many ideas and i dont care who takes it just run with it ..ill be happy to watch it...Riker and Worf's brother Kern get together...Riker is wanted by the Federation for a crime he didnt commit...Kern is dishonered by some frakin thing and is out to find his brother again....they meet in a bar get into a fight with a bunch of Nausicans and break some heads and somehow become a team.....get some old federation star ship parts and and a Bird of Prey that crashed because of Kern and build a unique but a bit undependable ship and do all kinds of cool sh*t and try to win back their names and honor..........thats just a small taste of my ideas....lets make the Federation the "Bad Guys" for once.....and to be honest Kern was the ultimate bad ass Klingon to me....Riker was also a bad ass and the Klingons respected him as well.....yeah we got nothin to write about...............Im getting old quick....I work in a horrible environment fixing subway trains for New york City Transit with the constant threat of layoffs everyday....Im not complaining but im sure manyof you can relate......and you say?

daecrist
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 14:34

Star Trek is going to die the day there isn't a single red cent left to be squeezed out of the franchise. I doubt that will happen for a long long while.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.030
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0