· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / Star Trek XI Discussion (BEWARE SPOILERS)
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
babel
# Posted: 20 May 2009 22:13

Oh god, I got so sick of the words 'Run a level-three diagnostic' in TNG . . . BLEH.

katrina
# Posted: 21 May 2009 01:08

We were watching TNG last night and I was thoroughly tickled by the phrase "I'll run a pattern-matching algorithm on the number three."

I was like..huh? Do you really need a pattern-matching algorithm for that? Isn't it just "Find?"

babel
# Posted: 21 May 2009 06:02

Geordi laForge was created out of the purest technobabble, apparently!

demonvamp
# Posted: 21 May 2009 14:34 · Edited by: demonvamp

I also loved the down and dirty of the new film, dragging rock into it and a lot of less classy modernisms. I got a lot sick of constantly having Shakespeare and other high (ahem) literature and art shoved down my throat, as if all those Starfleet folk were sooo much better than the rest of us. I can believe I might end up in this Starfleet, as opposed to ending up cleaning the muck out of their shoes.

shakeycat
# Posted: 16 Jun 2009 15:59

I saw it! FINALLY!

I've never seen TOS, so I wasn't surprised about the death of George Kirk, destruction of Vulcan, etc. Alternate realities? Really?

The casting was excellent. Yelchin pulled off a great accent - usually it shows when an actor is faking it and laying it on thick, but he came off as quite charming. And the others were all suitably charming as well, each in his own way.

Since when do Spock and Uhura have something going on? I never knew she was excessively flirtatious?

And it was nice to see old Leonard Nimoy. He has a great voice. Man, he's old. I heard "Cameo" and thought we'd see a holograph of him for a few seconds. It was a pleasant surprise.

polson
# Posted: 16 Jun 2009 17:10

You've never seen TOS? *dies*

majin_fett
# Posted: 17 Jun 2009 00:29

Tanya, if it makes you feel better, I doubt I've seen one complete episode of TOS.

Seen most of the movies though.

katrina
# Posted: 18 Jun 2009 00:28

Watch complete episodes legally and for free on YouTube. If you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=20048A7C54 1C941C&page=1

shakeycat
# Posted: 18 Jun 2009 05:48

I can't in Canada Will have to start recording off Space channel.

And I've seen most of the Trouble With Tribbles, plus a bunch of the movies But not enough to know the intricacies of everyone's relationships, like why Uhura makes out with people.

katrina
# Posted: 18 Jun 2009 14:07

That's an alternate universe Uhura. She was so affected by the destruction of the Kelvin when she read about it in history class that she decided she had to live life to the fullest every moment.

Oh, Canadians get blocked even? How horrible of them.

babel
# Posted: 18 Jun 2009 18:50

I'm blocked too in the UK.

christena
# Posted: 19 Jun 2009 15:39

Quoting: katrina
That's an alternate universe Uhura. She was so affected by the destruction of the Kelvin when she read about it in history class that she decided she had to live life to the fullest every moment.

good thinking *nods*

freeman
# Posted: 19 Jun 2009 19:29 · Edited by: freeman

I'm not blocked in Belgium. I have DVD.

polson
# Posted: 19 Jun 2009 23:48

I find you tube blocks me on a number of videos. Iain has spent extensive time devising a method for me to watch blocked videos, resulting in a near mental breakdown, but he has to do it for every single video I wish to see so I just accept that you tube hates Canada.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0