· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / Throwbacks in the Background - what did you see?
polson
# Posted: 21 May 2009 18:26

We were chatting (of course) and then I thought it would be fun to make a forum thread about the background stuff from the movie so that those of us who intend to see it multple times can look for what we missed, and just so we can all enjoy each other's keen eyes!

My personal one to get us going was the Tribble on Scotty's desk! You can hear it purring throughout the sene, just look to Scotty's left (your right) when he's chatting with Spock Kirk for the first time!

babel
# Posted: 21 May 2009 20:56

Kirk eating an apple through the Kobayashi Maru test, just as he had eaten an apple when telling Saavik about it

dierna
# Posted: 26 May 2009 10:27 · Edited by: dierna

Quoting: babel
Kirk eating an apple through the Kobayashi Maru test, just as he had eaten an apple when telling Saavik about it

Uh... was that Saavik??? I don't think she was even born yet when Kirk was at the academy... but then again there weren't any Orion's in Starfleet in the original timeline either...

Quoting: polson
My personal one to get us going was the Tribble on Scotty's desk! You can hear it purring throughout the sene, just look to Scotty's left (your right) when he's chatting with Spock Kirk for the first time!

WTF??? It was in the scene with Scotty (dangit...I missed seeing it...I was too busy staring at Scotty's little friend, Keenser)?? WTF is a tribble doing on an ice planet? I guess Scotty knows what they are now if they ever encounter Cyrano Jones in this timeline. *lol*

My fave scene is in the novelization....Porthos beams aboard the Enterprise 6 months after his dissapearance.

As for background. Does hearing Paul McGillion's voice count? *drools*

Little fun fact: The actor who played Keenser was Droopy McCool (the clarinet player in the Max Reboo Band) AND an Ewok in Return of the Jedi. Deep Roy is the only actor to have appeared in Star Trek, Star Wars, AND Doctor Who (Mr. Sin in The Talons of Weng Chiang).

quincyw
# Posted: 26 May 2009 12:28

Quoting: dierna
Quoting: babel

Uh... was that Saavik??? I don't think she was even born yet when Kirk was at the academy... but then again there weren't any Orion's in Starfleet in the original timeline either...

The scene in question was in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan when Kirk answers Saavik's question about how he treated the test.

dierna
# Posted: 26 May 2009 16:29

Oh.. I don't remember Kirk telling that to Saavik. *lol*

babel
# Posted: 26 May 2009 17:52

It was in the Genesis cave. Saavik asks him what he did in the test and Bones tell her that 'you're looking at the only Starfleet cadet who ever beat the 'no-win scenario,' pointing at Kirk, who then reveals he reprogramemd the simulator so it was possible to save the ship.

quincyw
# Posted: 27 May 2009 10:17

Something else from the novel (which is a book I'm really hating), regarding Kirk's Kobayashi Maru test... Gaila, the Orion that Kirk sleeps with, is one of the technicians who ran the subprogram Kirk used to circumvent the test. He'd written it beforehand and she ran the thing.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0