· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / Captain Richard 'Badass' Robau
babel
# Posted: 21 May 2009 20:54

Every other Trek site seems to have a Badass Robau thread in their forums and I don't see why we should be any different. the whole thing started, apparently, when the co-writer, Roberto Ocri, said he wanted to show people Starfleet and that Captains were 'cool so and sos' (he used another phrase there, use your imaginations) - as we'd seen some pretty crap ones over the years - eg Harriman, Styles . . . so we got Robau.

Now Robau I liked a lot, even though we got to see so little of him. He was calm, brave, unflinching and, well, just bloody cool. The fans have picked up on this, particularly at trekbbs.com - where the 'Facts About Robau' thread has now reached over a hundred pages. A few of my faves from the first couple of pages are:

'- Just before Robau died he placed his hands on Kirk's face and said "remember"

'- V'Ger needed to merge with its creator, because a higher plane of existence was the only place V'Ger could hide from Captain Robau.'
'- V'Ger was wrong.'

'- If Captain Robau and Admiral Bill Adama got into a fight the universe would explode.'

It's worth a read, go to their forums and look in the Trek XI section. There are a lot of naughty words, you have been warned

It's funny isn't it how characters can appear for so little time and yet capture a huge chunk of fan reaction. In this case, is is the case other times, it is based on people liking what they see, some people starting a snowball and everyone else running with it. I bet you, there'll be Robau fan fiction and probably published fiction too.

I leave you with two Robau facts I came up with (though somewhere in those 100 pages they've already been thought of!)

- Robau is so badass that if the A-Team has a problem, if no one else can help them, and if they can find him, maybe they can hire...Captain Robau

- Robau is not made of win. Win is made of Robau.

quincyw
# Posted: 22 May 2009 02:27

His first name is "Pierre".

daecrist
# Posted: 22 May 2009 05:20

Quoting: quincyw

That's simply continuing a long Starfleet tradition of badass bald French captains who inexplicably don't have a French accent.

polson
# Posted: 22 May 2009 16:57

Quoting: daecrist
That's simply continuing a long Starfleet tradition of badass bald French captains who inexplicably don't have a French accent.

*LMAO*

babel
# Posted: 22 May 2009 17:29

Robau is so badass that people call him by different first names and everyone still knows who they're talking about.

babel
# Posted: 22 May 2009 20:08 · Edited by: babel

I created a FB group if you're interested - captain robau, badass.

majin_fett
# Posted: 22 May 2009 20:37

Robau is so badass that he actually didn't die in Star Trek; he merely time traveled to the early 21st century to menace Tony Stark.

quincyw
# Posted: 23 May 2009 12:47

Robau is so badass, the Red Sea parts without him even being in the same reality.

babel
# Posted: 23 May 2009 23:20

Oh, and everywhere I look it's Richard'

quincyw
# Posted: 24 May 2009 00:04

The Stig, Captain Robau and Chuck Norris walk into a bar... Hey, what happened to the bar???

skevington
# Posted: 24 May 2009 13:34

Richard is better. A good English name. Unlike Pierre.

dierna
# Posted: 26 May 2009 10:22

So Robau has replaced the Chuck Norris facts stuff (which is now a book you can buy at Barnes & Noble?? )??

Quoting: quincyw

In the novelisation yes his first name is given as Pierre...but officially it's Richard... or Richardo since the good Captain is from Cuba (and played by an arab actor *lol*)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.033
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0