· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / Picardo hoping for Trek movie cameo
generalmax
# Posted: 2 Jul 2012 11:53

Robert Picardo is hoping for a cameo in the next Star Trek movie.

The 58-year-old actor - who played The Doctor for six years in TV series Star Trek Voyager - has met director JJ Abrams and is optimistic he could be cast.

Robert said: "Well, it's always possible that they'll use one of us. I've met JJ, he was very kind and complimentary to me, and I know he watched the show because he's a fan of Star Trek. Nothing is impossible."

The Total Recall star is pleased that the new Star Trek film has helped create a whole new generation of Trekkies who want to see the Star Trek TV shows.

He said: "What's wonderful about Star Trek having been rebooted so successfully by the JJ Abrams movie franchise, is that the corollary effect is that it creates a new generation of fans, and they're interested in all of it.

"They don't just sit around and wait for the next movie to come out, they'll go back and re-examine episodes.

"I remember when the first movie came out, my daughter's friends who were all about 17, they'd never paid any attention to the show when it was on the air, they started to go back and watch Voyager and enjoy it, simply because they liked the movie. It helps the brand name and I think it's a good time for a new generation of fans."

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0