· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Trek Discussions / William Windom R.I.P.
generalmax
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 13:20

William Windom was an American actor who had a long career in Hollywood. He was perhaps best known for his work on numerous television shows, including Murder, She Wrote as Dr. Seth Hazlitt, but he will be fondly remembered by Star Trek fans as Commodore Matt Decker, commander of the doomed U.S.S. Constellation in the Star Trek episode "The Doomsday Machine" Windom reprised the role decades later in the Star Trek: New Voyages fan film "In Harm's Way."

In a fantastic career, Windom was also renowned for his acting in To Kill A Mockingbird and the The Detective. His sci fi genre work included Escape from the Planet of the Apes, Automan, and The Invaders.

William Windom (September 28, 1923 – August 16, 2012) R.I.P.

regards,

Max

7of24
# Posted: 5 Sep 2012 01:37

thats sad to hear, and I just saw the doomsday machine episode on tv a week and half ago.

well I want to say in classic trek fashion is 'This is Commadore Matt Decker, all hailing freqencies are now closed' and may God rest his soul wherever his trek is taken him now.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0