· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / The Greatest Achievement of Mankind
rag451
# Posted: 20 Jul 2003 13:37

Today marks precisely thirty-four years since Neil Armstrong spoke these fateful words; "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Where are the celebrations of this spectacular day? Why aren't there parties in the chat rooms to mark the greatest achievement of mankind? After all, we are a community founded upon the ideals layed out in a series based upon the insatiable thirst for exploration. Especially after the Columbia tragedy, shouldn't we lend our support, our admiration, and our respect to these true heroes of not only America, but the world?

Come now, celebrate with me this wonderful anniversary. I found this from Space.com which I thought fitting of today. Go and take a look at it! If there are members out there who would like to comment on their memories of that day, or who have a fond memory of the space program from any year, please, please, do share it with us.

As a parting thought, here is what President Richard Nixon said to the astronauts, via telephone, that day: "Because of what you have done, the heavens have become a part of man's world. As you talk to us from the Sea of Tranquility, it inspires us to redouble our efforts to bring peace and tranquility to Earth. For one priceless moment, in the whole history of man, all the people on this Earth are truly one."

CL5 Robert Griffith

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.012
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0