· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy SP Demo
crazytexan
# Posted: 10 Sep 2003 09:16

Hey gamers,

That's right, you can go to http://www.lucasarts.com or various other mirror sites/ Jedi Knight gaming sites and download a single player demo of Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy which includes two levels that will be in the retail version of the game.

Character creation, customization, choice of saber hilts, blade colours, single, dual, or lightstaff (dual-bladed) sabers, new moves, force powers, etc... are available in this demo for your enjoyment as well.

You'll need:

-Directx 9.0
-Minimum 128 megs RAM (256 prefered)
-Pentium III 450 MHz or faster CPU required. Pentium III or Athlon class 600 MHz or faster CPU recommended.
-32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible AGP or PCI 3D Hardware Accelerator required for your graphics card.
-Installation requires 200 MB of free hard drive space. 200MB additional space recommended for save games, swap files, etc...

May the Force be with You.

michiel
# Posted: 10 Sep 2003 15:43

If anyone could post the direct URL to the installer's .exe please lemme know here, so I don't have to encounter a-thousand-and-one browser crashes again. ;)

Michiel

rubi_con
# Posted: 11 Sep 2003 17:15

I just bought Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy and got a limited edition lightsaber keychain :D:D:D:D now the force is with me because I'm a luminous being and not this crude matter :k

michiel
# Posted: 12 Sep 2003 02:54

Sonja... No bragging. :P

rubi_con
# Posted: 12 Sep 2003 07:41

guess I failed to mention it was a gift from my parents as well so it's not like I had to pay  :P  well you know where I'll be next week

michiel
# Posted: 12 Sep 2003 09:04

Finding enough ftp space to upload the ISO to? :D Um, I mean, warez are bad! :|

lordsloth
# Posted: 22 Sep 2003 01:01

Any news on wether this willl ever hit the game consoles? :)
Because I am very hopeful!
Does it have a Deathmatch and Co-op mode?(I know JKII Did not have a Co-op but it would have been so sweet!;)
I can only hope! :)

tierce
# Posted: 25 Sep 2003 11:05

yay! the demo rocks. evil tongues will say its just like an "addon" to Outcast but I think its much improved and as a fan, I will of course have to buy it! If only the stores bothered getting it already *grumbles as it was supposed to be out last week*

michiel
# Posted: 3 Oct 2003 15:43

Yay! I, um, acquired the full game this afternoon, lanned the multiplayer at college for a bit and played singleplayer for a little bit until after the Hoth mission a short while ago.

My first impression is that the singleplayer seems very good, very similar to JK2 and that's why I can imagine why people would call it a JK2 addon instead of a true sequel, but it's enjoyable anyway.

The multiplayer made me shriek in disappointment though. The old sabers are still there, each stance really being its own thing, and then there's the two new sabers, double bladed and two sabers.

<rant>Yuck! The special moves are largely flamboyant martial ballet moves that last way too long. Make one special move and your character just goes on an expressional dance marathon. Flips, twirls, sabers flying all around combined with staccato kicking. How the hell am I supposed to use and carefully aim that nonsense? I had hoped for an improvement on JK2 in this aspect, but it seems their target audience is pubescent AOTC kiddies who'd rather look cool while flinging their glowsticks instead of players who'd rather have a well balanced set of moves that don't take an eternity to finish making for at least slightly interesting gameplay. Ah well, it sells, eh? I'll lay in my corner whimpering, praying for a patch to make it all better.</rant>

Anyhew, that's my first impression. :D

Michiel

wedge
# Posted: 3 Oct 2003 20:16

*coughs* where oculd i accquire the full game with out purchasing , by chance? :P

michiel
# Posted: 5 Oct 2003 12:40

Why I have no idea what you mean by that. :|

Michiel

michiel
# Posted: 6 Oct 2003 13:54

Just finished the game an hour or so ago, and overall I have to say it's about equal to Jk2. Which ended in anti-climax too.

Michiel

lordsloth
# Posted: 16 Oct 2003 20:06

Hey how about answering my question! Is there gonna be a console version!

three27
# Posted: 16 Oct 2003 20:39

i also just finished the game a day or two ago. and like Michiel  said, it was a bit anticlimatic. I don't think i'll be buying this one (i had just borrowed it from a friend.) it was almost exactly like JK2, even tho' yes there are two new sabers, it just didn't really cut it for me.
Multiplayer IMO sucked. didn't actually play it online, but with the little single person play thing in multiplayer i found it incredible horrible.

why buy this game when it's almost exactly equal to JK2 and has even steeper system requirements?

lzrman
# Posted: 16 Oct 2003 21:29

*has yet to try it, and download the demo on this 56k*:P

Bug

michiel
# Posted: 17 Oct 2003 03:00

Lordsloth, not a clue, I ceased to care about Jk3 after finishing the SP. Try the official site thingies, it may be part of an FAQ somewhere I'd say.

Three, indeedy, a more flamboyant Jk2, without any 'real' additions except for the new sabers which, imho, have lousy special moves, and vehicles such as those speeders and the tauntauns. Not that there'd be so many new possibilities, as it's as far as I know still the same engine as Jk2, but it's obviously more cashing in on old success than it is leaping forward and trying to make something new. Ah well, not all games can have sequels like HL2 will be (or is *g*) to HL, for example. ;)

Michiel

lordsloth
# Posted: 17 Oct 2003 16:00

Ok than! I'll check the site! :)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.036
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0