· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / OTF Smileys
crazytexan
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:50

Poll posted per the request of the suggestion of an OTF member via the Suggestion Box. There is no guarantee that whatever option gets the most votes will be implemented, but I wanted to get an idea of what the OTF members want in regards to the smileys in the chatrooms. This is also not the place to criticize, bash, or make snide comments of the existing or old smileys. If you want to make an improvement suggestion, please do so in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner. I give you all until Monday November 3 to vote, then the poll will be closed and the results discussed.

Note: Smileys from other chatrooms and smiley webpages are not an option...

Thanks,

CT
OTF QC

kittykat
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 09:57

well i have no problems with the new smileys! However how about some new ones?  Bring back the sleeping smiley! How about a crying smiley? Im sure some folks have other ideas :)

Im not sure how much we *need* them, but they're fun!

KK

athos
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 10:13

What I liked about the original smilies was their size and their simplicity...they'd fit in sentences and be around the same height as the words, without being too overbearing...

They'd also allow smiley-making people to easily create new ones in the same format (and indeed use smilies from other sites) without making them stand out against the current ones used.

So if we were to get any newly created ones, I'd hope they'd at least be around 15x15 in size...

deanna
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 14:06

I voted for Create new ones.

Why?

Cause :)

nobbe
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 14:35

Why not bring back the old ones and have the new ones here too. Just change the code to put them up, EG: have : ) for the new smile and =) for the old ones or something like that. :)

T'ta
Nobbe

iain
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 15:06

I prefer the new smileys to the old ones, but think that a new :Z smiley should be created! :)

Iain

kevkc
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 15:53

Hmm...

I like the smileys we have-clean cut and professional looking. But i dunno, maybe one or two more? A lurking/mting smiley? A nodding smiley? A sleepy smiley? They'd be all the ones i could see myself using apart from the ones we have now...

Hugs,
KC

rag451
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 16:18

See, using the Suggestion Box does a body good!

I would prefer to create new ones. While I think the old ones were very nice, and the new ones very "modern," creating a totally different set, from scratch, might prove a boost to the Outpost.

Why not have a smiley contest for the members to participate in, with judges selected by the EC? I'm sure Al, the fellow who sent me the suggestion, will enter.

CL5 Robert Griffith
Suggestion Box Project Leader

demonvamp
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 20:43

How about a few inanimate object smilies too? Not sure what though. Would like to see a visual of this though O_o and maybe we can have a smilie WOOt ?

Queen demon.

eagle
# Posted: 27 Oct 2003 21:48

My biggest pet peeve is that the current smileys are just too big and look weird if put anywhere by the end of a post. See Alexis's post for continuted ranting and details.

Oh, and let's not make =) post anything but =). *l*

~Eagle~

jarek
# Posted: 28 Oct 2003 16:06

I think the new smilies are fine but I'd definately like to see some more added, I like the idea of bringing back the sleeping one, and how about a sick one too? :P

hongjun
# Posted: 28 Oct 2003 19:14

Hey,

I liked the old smileys and I like the new smileys, it would be nice to do both.

I would like to see some more theme related smileys, some sw and st smileys would I think be a good idea.

Hong

PS I miss a sleeping smiley!

dierna
# Posted: 29 Oct 2003 13:41

I think we need a sleepy smiley and a crying one.....Like the one that's in MSN!

We need a couple new ones...just get rid of the sad smiley so we can have a crying one....crying ones are cool.....and a sleepy smiley....

saberhagen
# Posted: 29 Oct 2003 18:36

keep the old ones but and bran spanking new ones like the ones you would find on a regular chat room like aol or yahoo.
Saberhagen

demonvamp
# Posted: 29 Oct 2003 19:02

How about a hug?

Queen D ;)

rag451
# Posted: 30 Oct 2003 11:43

I hear a lot of people asking for this new smiley and that new smiley. I would prefer it if we'd limit ourselves to ten or eleven smilies total. While MSN is great with the two or three dozen smilies it offers, I'd prefer to keep the Outpost's selections simple.

Smile
Frown
Laughing
Sobbing/Crying
Evil
Angry
Embarassed
Ecstatic/Surprised
Sleeping
Blank Expression/Raised Brow
Winking

Robert Griffith

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0