· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Crazyness
goose
# Posted: 5 Nov 2003 20:23

I went down to the cinema at 11.30 pm last night to watch Matrix 3, it finished 2am.. made me think, how far will you peeps go to watch something/do something?

The above isnt quite as bad as what i do for all the trivia events, but thats another story for when someone asks me =P

..So how far will you go?

Goose

deanna
# Posted: 6 Nov 2003 11:09

So does this thread beg to answer ......how far would you go in the name of being crazy.

Or are you specifically wanting "movie/show" stories........as I've never gone ape over any movie *L*

I have done some fairly embarrassing things before in the name of insanity.

Just ask Sus and Josh about The Luxor Hotel in Vegas *LOL* :P

katelyn
# Posted: 6 Nov 2003 12:11

Not for the Matrix (anymore)... =P

but we went to the theater last year around the fourth of December and asked to know when their earliest showing of Two Towers would be on the eighteenth. I had figured (and shared this figuring) that they would show it at 12:01, because they had the audacity to show Tomb Raider I at such a time... when we asked, we actually received a really whiny response of, "Buuuut it's a three hourrr movie...  Weee don't want to stay and clean up.. we'll be here until fourr!"

As opposed to them being there until three for Tomb Raider?

Well, that kind of made us upset, but.. if they HAD been showing it (and if they do it this year for Return of the King, which I doubt since it's three and a half hours long), we would have gone and probably stayed 'til halfway into the credits.

Does that count?

eagle
# Posted: 6 Nov 2003 17:01

You had the whiny theater people taken care of, right?

RotK should be a blast when it comes out here. They're starting the day before in the afternoon, showing the extended versions of the first two movies, and then RotK right at midnight. *g* I giggle every time I go to the theater and see the countdown thingie. Well, more of a quiet, contained chuckle than a giggle, but it's hard not to call something a giggle when it's filled with that much glee. =P

But back to the topic at hand (back? I was never really there, was I? *l*), I've never really gone out of my way to see a movie. I have a DVD player Bose surround sound, that's good enough for me if I can't catch it in the theater.

~Eagle~

goose
# Posted: 6 Nov 2003 17:39

*l* Well its not really about the movies, i just used that as an example.. I could have simply used the trivia accounts to explain my crazyness for trivia's *l*

Kim ~ i dont see Sus or Josh much at all, so you have to tell this story :P

Sus ~ Did  you also remind them that they provide a service to customers? That they do get paid for this sort of thing? :P ..Tell them to get over it and play the movie at midnight.

Dr. EvilEagle ~ Then have you gone out of your way for anything else? This topic is about what someone would do to achieve something, no matter if it is little or small *l*

Goose

eagle
# Posted: 6 Nov 2003 18:29

Friends.

deanna
# Posted: 7 Nov 2003 10:26

*agrees with eagle* I do the weirdest things in the name of friendship......

like fly half way round the world, for only a weekend, hoping to sit in a movie theater with Craig *L* A well over a 1000.00 weekend for a movie? And......we didn't get to see it *lmao*Well unless you count, sitting in a hotel room and watching "I married an axe murderer"

Anyway, Vegas story...we were walking through a hotel , and in front of everyone I dropped to my knees in front of Sus and declared my undying love for her...me thinks she blushed *LOL*
And Josh......well I ran over to make out with him in the ST Restaurant, only to smeer whipped cream all over his lips instead ;)

Fun Fun....Friends are the best thing ever created!

rag451
# Posted: 8 Nov 2003 18:52

I've burned bridges (figuratively, not literally, although. . .) and scorched the prairie (figuratively also, not literally) to achieve what I think needs to be done in order to further myself.

But y'all are in for one of those, so I'll tell y'all how mad I went to get "The Wrath of Khan" Director's Edition DVD when it came out!

The evening the movie came out, I went up to Best Buy, a good twenty-five mile trip from home, to see about snatching a copy (this, also, figuratively speaking) only to find that the last copy had been purchased minutes before. I traveled back home, through rush hour traffic, to Wal Mart; where, too, not a single copy of the film could be found. Feeling a bit flush, I scurried back to Fort Worth, the whole twenty-five miles to the north end of the city, where I went through a KMart, finding that it too, was without a copy! With my last bit of strength (for that day, of course, seeing as it was a long one!;) I walked into a Super Target next door, and immediately found a display case with one copy left.

By time I got home, though, I found that my mother had surprised me by going by Best Buy, and that she had been the one to get the last copy minutes before I. We rangled for a while over which of us would return it, until I finally agreed to give up the bacon.

Robert Griffith

eagle
# Posted: 8 Nov 2003 22:43

<!--QuoteBegin--deanna+Nov. 07 2003,10:26--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (deanna @ Nov. 07 2003,10:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Anyway, Vegas story...we were walking through a hotel , and in front of everyone I dropped to my knees in front of Sus and declared my undying love for her...me thinks she blushed *LOL*<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>Oh please, please, <i>pleeeeeaaaaase</i> tell me there are pictures! *lol* Or... *g* a video, perhaps?

teekay
# Posted: 9 Nov 2003 10:14

Alas, no... This is one of those moments that only lives in memory. ;)
... unless someone else has...  :?

polson
# Posted: 9 Nov 2003 12:32

Define crazy.  

I go to soccer games and hold up signs that say "Steve's my man" and "Marry Me Steve".  I spray paint my hair blue occationally.  I wear a santa hat instead of a toque even though I've never believed in santa.  I've broken both wrists in one year.  I have more than once stuffed leaves in my nostrils and ears.  I have a habit of announcing when I go pee.  I actually like greek class.  I get a kick out of writing a 12 page paper.  Every once in a while I'll rent cartoons from the 80's and watch them 'til four in the morning by myself.  I'm 22 and I still play with lego.  I tear tags off mattresses.  I live in a frozen wasteland and haven't owned snow pants or snow boots for ten years.  I've had over 60 x-rays.  I glow in the dark.

But that's normal.  So, what qualifies as crazy?

deanna
# Posted: 10 Nov 2003 04:11

Sorry Eagley......it was one of those "moments" that ya'll think later "darn where'd I put my camara"

......... I love you Sas!!!!!! :) :k

Pols...you're just crazy, deal with it :P

polson
# Posted: 10 Nov 2003 14:38

Heeeeeeey...that gives me an idea...

kassandra
# Posted: 12 Nov 2003 18:06

Haven't done anything crazy for a movie, but being a poor monkey I once camped out to get rush tickets to a play.  Not really a big deal except that I hadn't slept that night, had to be in line by 5 am and stay there for 5 hours, it was snowing, and the theater was in the middle of Times Square.  Gave the tourists a nice show, bundled up in my Eskimo parka huddling with friends answering the age old question, "so what happens if they run out of tickets before the get to you?"

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.040
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0