· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / New Year's Resolutions
katelyn
# Posted: 26 Dec 2003 21:15

The fresh, new year of 2004 is creeping upon us in less than a week. Now, what I'm wondering: what are your 2004 resolutions? And most importantly, did you succeed with the ones you created at the beginning of this year?

katelyn
# Posted: 26 Dec 2003 21:50

Okay, fine. I'll post "first". =P

I think that I've come a long way from the beginning of the year, and not just in resolutions. But out of the ones I made, I have improved as a clarinetist, I've made at least five new friends from around this area (plus multiple people that could be considered friends), and my procrastination issues are coming to a halt. The only one I didn't really get was self-esteem, which actually went DOWN nearing the end of 2003.

I think my resolutions for next year will be...

• Be healthy. I won't go into details here but I have a lot of plans for the next seven months.

• Since I want to go to Ghana (and then to Thailand), I need to be able to be the person that I am here (online) and not be so scared of the unknown and others' first impressions or thoughts. For the remainder of this year and half of next, I'm going to slowly stop being a chicken! I'm going to (try to) get into the Spring play, I'm going to smile more, worry less, be less anxious about driving, accomplish good things... be confident.  Go all out... this may be my last time with these people in this town for a long while.

• Work ultra-hard at the clarinet. I have two months before it is determined whether or not I meet the standards for going to state, and this may be my last year in the running because of my plans as an exchange student. I want to make it, and not only make it, I want to improve by placing higher than half of where I placed last year.

• Rebuild my faith... something that I can't do alone (but then again, is anyone ever really alone?). I never exactly "lost" it but there's something not going right. This may be my last listed resolution, but it's the most important to me. This year's been tough on me (and so has the devil) and I need help...

• There you have it...

Katelyn

kittykat
    # Posted: 27 Dec 2003 04:38

My new years resolution is not to join some weird cult group with a suicide pact

KK

polson
    # Posted: 27 Dec 2003 08:44

lol @ KK

That sounds good to me too, add that one to my list.

I don't think I have ever made new years resolutions.  Why make up a set of goals I'm going to fail at and feel miserable about?  So let's make up some achievable goals.

1.  I'm going to breathe on a regular basis.

I think that's all I need for now.  Don't want to overload myself or I'll get stressed out you know.  *wink*

kittykat
    # Posted: 27 Dec 2003 09:02

Pols: you may find that you have to hold your breath sometimes :P

KK

rag451
    # Posted: 27 Dec 2003 10:32

To be serious or not to be serious, that is the question.

2003 has been better than 2002. Last year, I went to far too many funerals, losing far too many friends and loved ones. I've boosted my confidence, found out why I'm here, set goals for myself and achieved them, loosened up, shed the parts of my ego that were undeserved, taken up more jobs around the Outpost, grown stronger and taller, written more than in 2002, and achieved a threadbare peace of mind. I hope that 2004 will give me a chance to escape from the dark clouds of death and despair that have been with me since the troublesome times of 1998. I'm tired of being tired, tired of being angry, and tired of putting up with people and things that I have no control over.

So, in two-thousand and four, I want to. . .

• Find a second job or another job that will pay better;
    • Be more supportive of my mother during and after her surgery;
    • Be published in a major periodical for my poetry;
    • Take part in more student organizations on campus;
    • Visit more museums and enrich my cultural life again;
    • Continue to learn more HTML;
    • Shore up my status at the Outpost or leave;
    • Work out in the yard more;
    • Get on the same diet as my brother, minus the cigarettes;
    • Read more non-fiction, history, biographical, and educational books;
    • Explore or begin writing a non-fiction book;
    • Stop taking bull from people;
      and
    • Relax.

That about does it for me. I fulfilled the one and only resolution I set for myself last year. This year, I'm going to broaden my horizons.

Robert Griffith

rag451
    # Posted: 27 Dec 2003 10:33

Oh, more one thing. . .

I resolve to love Polson even more! *cackles*

Robert Griffith

polson
    # Posted: 27 Dec 2003 16:09

Oh heavens.  I don't think I can take that kind of attention.

smile
    # Posted: 27 Dec 2003 23:06

2004 is a huge year for me! I have a few resolutions.. which are more like long term goals more so then fixing things are starting over.

1. I plan on polishing up my snowboarding skills! Yay for winter! Yay for snow! Boo for the cost of lift tickets!

2. I plan on complete my undergraduate education in the Fall!!!! I also am going to apply for grad schools and hope that one day I, too, will have a real job in the real world. But that is a huge step and for all of those who remember me when I was still in high school... hello! I am going to be done with college now! Isn't THAT scary?

gusto5
    # Posted: 31 Dec 2003 10:25

hm 2 things:

1) not be sick for about 99% of the entire year.

2) no more procrastinating...yes...no more...

zandetta
    # Posted: 31 Dec 2003 21:11

I wasn't going to make New Year resolutions this year, but I changed my mind.

1. Not be a victim anymore ( I am cutting the noose around my neck...I am nobodys wetback slave)

2. I am crossing the bridge and going on a new and exciting journey! *JUAD*

3. I am going to be taking more online college classes! *Yeeeeeeee Haaaaawwww*

4. I am going to start an online job this year! *does a dance and gets jiggy*

Happy New Year!

Zannie :)

rubi_con
    # Posted: 1 Jan 2004 00:34

I've just made a resolution to finally focus on my life. Now that college is out of the way and my health is almost at 85% I can focus on all the stuff I have put aside the last two years. I'm going to complete my MSCA, get a job building custom computers, spend more time on my hobbies and finally get around to buying my new Burton snowboard.  I also want to get really organized just to make my life less chaotic.

I succeeded on all the hard resolutions last year so this year I'm just going to do the fun ones :)

deanna
    # Posted: 1 Jan 2004 06:43

I'm living a life that's full of internal turmoil, I'm going to try my hardest to sort it out this year.

I want to be free from the chains.

korny
    # Posted: 2 Jan 2004 21:42

Gain 20 pounds! Muaha!

demonvamp
    # Posted: 3 Jan 2004 03:44

Not to make any new year's resolutions... ah nuts, failed already :o

Queen D

eagle
    # Posted: 3 Jan 2004 04:54

I seem to be without a resolution at the moment...
    My resolution WAS to tickle my little sister more often, but she made me change it. =(

~Eagle~

stav219
    # Posted: 3 Jan 2004 07:22

I resolve to make a bigger effort to maintain the friendships that I've always held so dear to my heart...

Something that I seem to have neglected recently.  :(

Tin-Char D'Un

walkerofsky
    # Posted: 3 Jan 2004 13:45

Well, already nailed my first resolution:

1. Be more outgoing and meet new people.  :)

The others will hopefully soon follow after.

-WoS-

shadow_jedi
    # Posted: 3 Jan 2004 16:02

i don't believe in making new years resolutions :P

fat_man
    # Posted: 5 Jan 2004 16:32

I need to stop Swearing and start taking milk in my tea :(

korny
    # Posted: 5 Jan 2004 20:48

17 more pounds to gain!

katelyn
    # Posted: 5 Jan 2004 21:24

Oh! Oh! You can take 17 pounds of mine if you like. :k

rock
    # Posted: 5 Jan 2004 22:59

Hmmm, new years resolutions:

To be a better person than I was last year, and to continue to strive towards excellence in all that I do.

-Rock

rex_nuvolari
    # Posted: 6 Jan 2004 00:11

· To “write off” and not bother with ‘friends’/lovers/relationships  that have let me down
    · To become even more self sufficient
    · To make a major lifestyle change-whether it be to emigrate and/or move place and/or job
    · Make major headway on my Sci Fi novel
    · Make good progress on my new 250 Bhp 7500 rpm BMW engine project
    · Sell my Porsche 928 and replace it with a 993/911 turbo-4

I made no new years resolutions last year- my life and direction was too different then.

brady
    # Posted: 6 Jan 2004 01:59

Last year I resolved to give my last year at highschool the best shot I could.  Which I did, and at the same time I had the best year ever.  Every aspect of my life exploded in different directions and I'm so happy with how 2003 went.

My resolution for 2004 is to not get bogged down with Uni or work and to stay in contact with the people I know and love.  On a more specific note, I have also resolved to return from my hiatus and start hanging out at 10F alot more again.  This place is such an escape from reality and it allows me to relax and learn in a totally different environment from what I'm used to.  I love the diversity of the people I meet at 10F.  I want to renew and enjoy the passion for this site that I have come to know so well over the past years.  

Brady

rubi_con
    # Posted: 6 Jan 2004 04:33

oh I guess my most brave resolution is too not be embarrassed if I make small mistakes. I have a habit of not helping people or speaking up when I know something for fear that I might say something that's a mistake and be embarrassed.

katelyn
    # Posted: 6 Jan 2004 17:05

I do that all the time, Rubey... and then I whisper it to someone else, who in turn says it and gets some sort of reward. Not a good way to live.

rpmobsession
    # Posted: 7 Jan 2004 14:29

*is making a resolution for Tyler* HA! :k "I WILL go down to Florida this summer...and...NEVER leave!"

*evil giggles*

-RPM

P.S. GOOOOOO ALEXY!!! *giggles and sits in the Alexy section of the Whooooootahers!* :P ...Oh, yea! Pace yourself! *l*

shadow_jedi
    # Posted: 7 Jan 2004 14:59

pshah. i don't need a resolution for that. it'll happen no matter what :k :P

--shadow

stav219
    # Posted: 7 Jan 2004 16:40

I resolve to make many, many more posts in the forums... well, more than I have been anyways  :v

Tin-Char D'Un

Your reply
    Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
    Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.045
    Online now: Guests - 3
    Members - 0
    Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
    Guests - 215 / Members - 0