· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / That's curious
demonvamp
# Posted: 3 Oct 2003 20:06

When I access the internet I have two options to search. One, through my server's homepage- NTL, or two, through the long address bar that's always visible in windows xp. Whenever I used the latter prior to last night, it defaulted to MSN search, which I'm quite happy with. Now, suddenly it goes to google, which I find annoying and a bit messy. I didn't change anything that I know of and would like it to go back.
Any ideas?

Queen Demon.

seele01
# Posted: 8 Oct 2003 06:22

I think i've found something, i'm assuming your using IE6.  On my IE if i click search it opens a side bar that lets you type what your searching for.  In here i have a change preferences option, that open another menu.  Select change internet behaviour and it has a list of search engines to choose from.  Select MSN and see if that does anything.  Strangely enough, when i tried to change it to google to test this theory it always went to MSN search.

i changed it to use the classic search option and after changing the autosearch settings to google it then went to google.  IE6 is really weird.  I can't get it to go back to first search side bar now, but since i don't use IE it no big loss.

I hoped this has helped you in some way.  If you don't understand what i've said tell me because even i'm not sure what i've written.

SEELE 01

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0